Is Spider-Man the most unique idea for a superhero?

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Spider-Man is just Batman and Superman merged into one character.

Batman stuff
- Swings through the city
- Dodges bullets, knives and fists
- Super popular rogues gallery
- Arch enemy is a psychopath with a purple and green suit with a twisted smile who delights in torturing him on a personal level

Superman stuff
- Red and blue suit
- Reports about himself at the Daily *Blank*
- Exceedingly more powerful than he lets on....but is more human than all of us
- Arch enemy is genius billionaire who uses a green and purple tech suit

If you didn't notice, Green Goblin is The Joker and Lex Luthor as one character

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Batman stuff
- Arch enemy is a psychopath with a purple and green suit with a twisted smile who delights in torturing him on a personal level

Superman stuff
- Red and blue suit

:why:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is strange how he and Batman are two of the most popular superheroes ever in spite of being based off animals people absolutely hate.

Like in a different universe it would make sense if the most popular hero was something like Lion-man or Wolf-man

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It is strange how he and Batman are two of the most popular superheroes ever in spite of being based off animals people absolutely hate.

Like in a different universe it would make sense if the most popular hero was something like Lion-man or Wolf-man

I honestly feel like Batman is as popular as he is because of the 60’s show. This shyt was in syndication for 3 decades, i was watching it like it was brand new growing up

giphy.gif

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps

Humanity generally has had two ways of addressing their fears: turn them into morality stories/religions, or turn them into entertainment. The more intense the fear, the more effective the end product.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t get that reasoning, superman is like the oldest comic book character and there’s been like 100 clones of him, marvel alone got like 5 superman characters, and dc got like 4 other ones. Theres theres like the other one-off interpretations of him, like Omni-man, homelander, brightburn, etc.

No one has really even bothered to try to recreate spider-man, outside of the peter parker archetype
Because superman is not creative. Ask any kid make a super hero in a vacuum. They will all say some variation of superman. Strong, fast, fly etc. spiderman doesnt have carbon copies because its a original idea

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Because superman is not creative. Ask any kid make a super hero in a vacuum. They will all say some variation of superman. Strong, fast, fly etc. spiderman doesnt have carbon copies because its a original idea

Thats why i never liked justice league, whats the point when superman can do everything?

i remember in batman vs superman after the whole “save marthaaa” shyt, they had batman go in there and rumble and tumble with goons. Like lets be honest, superman could have saved his mom in like 2 seconds without anyone even knowing he entered the building.

they had zod basically kill batman, supergirl, and two flashes an infinite number of times that it broke time and space. Zod, the person superman not only killed but all his super powered kryptonian sidekicks.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats why i never liked justice league, whats the point when superman can do everything?

i remember in batman vs superman after the whole “save marthaaa” shyt, they had batman go in there and rumble and tumble with goons. Like lets be honest, superman could have saved his mom in like 2 seconds without anyone even knowing he entered the building.

they had zod basically kill batman, supergirl, and two flashes an infinite number of times that it broke time and space. Zod, the person superman not only killed but all his super powered kryptonian sidekicks.
Yeah i used to like superman as a kid but grew out of it pretty young. I still like spiderman, batman etc. superman is unoriginal and boring character. Thats why spiderman/ Batman movies and games obliterate the Superman IP. Even kids love spiderman way more then superman. It also makes for horrible storylines because you have to conveniently nerf him to tell any decent story. Lmao @ batman fighting him in a iron man suit :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah i used to like superman as a kid but grew out of it pretty young. I still like spiderman, batman etc. superman is unoriginal and boring character. Thats why spiderman/ Batman movies and games obliterate the Superman IP. Even kids love spiderman way more then superman. It also makes for horrible storylines because you have to conveniently nerf him to tell any decent story. Lmao @ batman fighting him in a iron man suit :mjlol:

Thats why i always say a superman game just doesn’t work for that reason. Back in the day you could suspend belief because video games were so cruddy back then, and just have him fly through rings and punch people but now people want to actually believe that shyt.

Outside of like the super duper ass villains no one can really actually defeat superman, he walks all over people. It’s like playing GTA in god mode

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Thats why i always say a superman game just doesn’t work for that reason. Back in the day you could suspend belief because video games were so cruddy back then, and just have him fly through rings and punch people but now people want to actually believe that shyt.

Outside of like the super duper ass villains no one can really actually defeat superman, he walks all over people. It’s like playing GTA in god mode

You could make a game like dbz kakarot where you run through or fly over metropolis fight off phantom zone kryptonians or mentallo like robot men while occasionally deal with his rogues really powered up.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Exactly fam.
just saw your spoilers. Cant wait to see on max :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes

Batman stuff

Superman stuff
- Red and blue suit

nikka no.

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
For real. BVS was a joke. Supes could have killed dude instantly. Smh