• Other

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
You really underestimate how hard it is for most White people who don't live around Black people to tell Black people apart. You could put Kanye, Diddy, and Fifty in a lineup, and if they weren't wearing/doing anything distinctive, plenty of white/asian folk wouldn't know who was who. How many non-Americans have ever actually sat down and watched Kanye for an extended period of time if they weren't into hip hop?

Jay-Z and Snoop are more globally recognizable because they have an extremely distinctive look in addition to being famous.

Damn, didn't even think of Will.
Sorry but this is complete nonsense.

When you take into account Kanye's direct influence on Hip Hop and Fashion over the past 15-20 years.

His marriage with Kim Kardashian who's one of the most famous people on the planet herself.

His close ties in politics from Dubya and Barrack to his MAGA era.

And his all-around notoriety from shyt like snatching mic from the biggest artist on the planet to his Antisemitic downfall this isn't actually close.

The fact that you believe Jay Z is more famous than Kanye is INSANE to me. Hov tethering himself onto Kanye's cottails gave his career a 2nd wind.

Kanye is literally white peoples favorite rapper after Eminem. You're crazy if you actually believe they wouldn't be able to tell him apart from any other nikka.

Kanye is easily the most famous rapper in the world, nobody cares about Snoop like that out of his brand whoring.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Sorry but this is complete nonsense.

When you take into account Kanye's direct influence on Hip Hop and Fashion over the past 15-20 years.

His marriage with Kim Kardashian who's one of the most famous people on the planet herself.

His close ties in politics from Dubya and Barrack to his MAGA era.

And his all-around notoriety from shyt like snatching mic from the biggest artist on the planet to his Antisemitic downfall this isn't actually close.

The fact that you believe Jay Z is more famous than Kanye is INSANE to me. Hov tethering himself onto Kanye's cottails gave his career a 2nd wind.

Kanye is literally white peoples favorite rapper after Eminem. You're crazy if you actually believe they wouldn't be able to tell him apart from any other nikka.

Kanye is the most famous rapper in the world, nobody cares about Snoop like that.
Yeah. There's no friggin way Jay-Z aka Mr. Knowles is more famous than Kanye. :mjlol:

You'd have to be the dustiest New Yorker alive to believe that.

That said, I'm not convinced Ye is more famous than Snoop. Maybe in America you could make that argument but Snoop is definitely more famous in non-English speaking countries or 3rd world countries. I bet if you travel overseas and poll people, more people will know Snoop than Ye on average.

I do think Ye is pretty famous overall though. Probably the 5th most famous rapper ever and more famous than Drake despite all those streaming numbers. Drake's fame is mainly an illusion. Tons of people have no clue who Drake really is even if they heard some of his songs before. He just has no persona or distinctive image that stays with people.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I didn't say most famous, I said most recognizable.

So we're reduced to talking about Kanye fans? You realize that like 5% of white/asian/Latino people outside the USA stan Kanye like that?

We're not talking about people who actually listen to radio enough to have a favorite Black rapper. We're talking about the masses. And the masses recognize the unique look more than objective accomplishments.

Outside of America, Jay is only big when attached to Beyonce and that's it. The reverence and praise he gets in America for his rapping and business acumen is greatly reduced overseas outside of maybe Canada and the UK.

Beyonce's orbit, fashion people, sports world, cigarette ads, his face is all over.

With Kanye people know his reputation, with Jay-Z they know his face. That's the difference in pointing out.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I didn't say most famous, I said most recognizable.

So we're reduced to talking about Kanye fans? You realize that like 5% of white/asian/Latino people outside the USA stan Kanye like that?

We're not talking about people who actually listen to radio enough to have a favorite Black rapper. We're talking about the masses. And the masses recognize the unique look more than objective accomplishments.
Jay is not that recognizable though. You'd have to be on some type of drug to think that Hov is more recognizable than Em, Pac, Snoop, and 50 globally. Hell, I'd argue Ice Cube and DMX are more recognizable than Hov globally too.

Jay is mostly recognizable when he's attached to Beyonce. Outside of that, Hov's image and business acumen is totally U.S.-centric. You could literally travel the world and find that out for yourself too.

I don't think Jay-Z is even a top 10 most recognizable rapper on a global basis. He has a case in America though.

Jinx`

Well damn.
Daps
Reppin
15-10
Kids more often are running with these throwback shirts than in the past.. Whether they listen to the music is else, but not my business

Obviously I can't walk around the school. But when I pick up my daughter, the kids wear these faces a lot. See Pac, Aaliyah, Selena the most. Aaliyah more than any of them.. I have never seen 50's face and the kids don't rock Snoop unless he's together with Pac on a DeathRow shirt. Nor Jay or Nas or any mainstream rapper today.. Who knows though kids have no buying power -- but they're the next generation so it counts for something.

But Aaliyah's images endures by far.. Back in the day they did their hair and shades like her, now it's just the shirts but you still see em everywhere

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hot take I don't think Snoop is more famous than Eminem especially outside America.

Eminem is literally the best selling rapper OAT and there's tons of Eminem imagery and memes everywhere. If Eminem and Snoop were to announce a stadium tour right now, Eminem will sell it out quicker than Flash while Snoop couldn't do it even with Dre and Cube in the billing.

I know Snoop has a recognizable look and name but I think, to non-Blacks, Eminem is just as recognizable due to the fact that he started off as THE White rapper and the 8 Mile movie made the whole world recognize his appearance.

One of the reasons Eminem doesn't leave his home/lab that often is cause he'd get mobbed like crazy by deranged fans and the paparazzi.

Overall, I'd say an argument could be made for Eminem, Snoop, and Pac as the most recognizable even though I personally feel Eminem and Pac have a slight edge outside the USA.

Fourth place would be 50 Cent cause he's one of the few rappers who's toured the entire globe(even to this day) and In Da Club/GRODT is damn near Thriller status worldwide.

As for Drake, he's tricky because he has a lot of numbers and streams globally but his songs are often bigger than his image and name. The average 40+ year old isn't that knowledgeable on who Drake is but, if you play them Hotline Bling, they might go "Oh....that's him?"

All facts. Dapped & repped.

People in this thread are thinking on a US level, but on a global scale, the list goes;
  1. Eminem/2Pac
  2. Snoop
  3. 50
  4. Jay/Kanye
  5. Wayne/Drake/Nicki
Not including Will Smith or Ice Cube cos most people only know of them as actors.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
All facts. Dapped & repped.

People in this thread are thinking on a US level, but on a global scale, the list goes;
  1. Eminem/2Pac
  2. Snoop
  3. 50
  4. Jay/Kanye
  5. Wayne/Drake/Nicki
Not including Will Smith or Ice Cube cos most people only know of them as actors.
This sounds very accurate.

And, you're right, Pac and Em's global popularity and fandom does get downplayed on here.

But the worst take on here was someone insisting that Jay-Z was the most recognizable rapper. That was incredibly off base. :mjlol:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kids don’t know who is.

This thread keeps pointing to old people knowing who he is

Most kids do know who Snoop is. My nephews who are 8 and 12 they know who Snoop is. They ain't even know who Eminem is. Snoop is everywhere music, cartoon tv shows, commercials, movies, cooking show, events, etc

leoc

All Star
Daps
Probably, i remember seeing some tik tok of snoops career, mf has been worldwide, in chinese and indian movies too i think.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Kids more often are running with these throwback shirts than in the past.. Whether they listen to the music is else, but not my business

Obviously I can't walk around the school. But when I pick up my daughter, the kids wear these faces a lot. See Pac, Aaliyah, Selena the most. Aaliyah more than any of them.. I have never seen 50's face and the kids don't rock Snoop unless he's together with Pac on a DeathRow shirt. Nor Jay or Nas or any mainstream rapper today.. Who knows though kids have no buying power -- but they're the next generation so it counts for something.

But Aaliyah's images endures by far.. Back in the day they did their hair and shades like her, now it's just the shirts but you still see em everywhere
Eh....I don't think you can go entirely by that because I've seen kids with MF Doom T-Shirts irl before especially post-mortem and he's not even a top 50 most recognizable rapper.