• Other

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Lol, this is bullshyt. It's obviously Kanye and it isn't particularly close.

Snoop is somewhere in the Top 5 along with Eminem and Drake with one of Wayne/Nicki with a strong argument for being the 5th.

If we're not talking about rappers famed for Hip Hop alone then it's Will by a country mile obviously.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Young people, non rap fans, and international non-black folk can recognize Snoop easier than Tupac.

The options in the poll were the right ones. Jay-Z and Eminem are the only ones even close. I think Snoop beats Jay-Z cause everyone who knows Jay-Z will also know Snoop, but there are some old people who known Snoop but don't know Jay-Z. Eminem I have no idea how to compare but he's probably behind Snoop too, don't really know what their comparative pull is in other countries.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lol, this is bullshyt. It's obviously Kanye and it isn't particularly close.

You really underestimate how hard it is for most White people who don't live around Black people to tell Black people apart. You could put Kanye, Diddy, and Fifty in a lineup, and if they weren't wearing/doing anything distinctive, plenty of white/asian folk wouldn't know who was who. How many non-Americans have ever actually sat down and watched Kanye for an extended period of time if they weren't into hip hop?

Jay-Z and Snoop are more globally recognizable because they have an extremely distinctive look in addition to being famous.

If we're not talking about rappers famed for Hip Hop alone then it's Will by a country mile obviously.

Damn, didn't even think of Will.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
You really underestimate how hard it is for most White people who don't live around Black people to tell Black people apart. You could put Kanye, Diddy, and Fifty in a lineup, and if they weren't wearing/doing anything distinctive, plenty of white/asian folk wouldn't know who was who. How many non-Americans have ever actually sat down and watched Kanye for an extended period of time if they weren't into hip hop?

Jay-Z and Snoop are more globally recognizable because they have an extremely distinctive look in addition to being famous.

Damn, didn't even think of Will.

I agree on 50 and Diddy but Kanye has been such an insane news/tabloid fixture for the past fifteen years that I think a lot of non-Americans would know who he is. I mean he's gotta be the first rapper to ever have a media publicized oval office meeting with a U.S. president, right?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I agree on 50 and Diddy but Kanye has been such an insane news/tabloid fixture for the past fifteen years that I think a lot of non-Americans would know who he is. I mean he's gotta be the first rapper to ever have a media publicized oval office meeting with a U.S. president, right?

Do you really think the rest of the world cares who is meeting with the US president if they don't already know who that person is? And even if they do know that Kanye met with the president, do you think they look at his face that often to remember what it looks like? I just think Snoop is far more recognizable.

Not to mention there's entire generations who stopped following pop culture before Kanye ever got big. Whereas Snoop has been a continuous pop culture icon for twice as long.

* Will: All up in the movies and TV shows so regular people have stared as his face for way longer
* Snoop: Extremely recognizable look, a continuous presence in the music world, talk show circuits, random pop culture icon, etc.
* Eminem: Sticks out cause he's the only White rapper anyone knows about

I think those gotta be the top three.