Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you really think the rest of the world cares who is meeting with the US president if they don't already know who that person is? And even if they do know that Kanye met with the president, do you think they look at his face that often to remember what it looks like? I just think Snoop is far more recognizable.

Not to mention there's entire generations who stopped following pop culture before Kanye ever got big. Whereas Snoop has been a continuous pop culture icon for twice as long.

* Will: All up in the movies and TV shows so regular people have stared as his face for way longer
* Snoop: Extremely recognizable look, a continuous presence in the music world, talk show circuits, random pop culture icon, etc.
* Eminem: Sticks out cause he's the only White rapper anyone knows about

I think those gotta be the top three.

LL Cool J :jbhmm:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Hot take I don't think Snoop is more famous than Eminem especially outside America.

Eminem is literally the best selling rapper OAT and there's tons of Eminem imagery and memes everywhere. If Eminem and Snoop were to announce a stadium tour right now, Eminem will sell it out quicker than Flash while Snoop couldn't do it even with Dre and Cube in the billing.

I know Snoop has a recognizable look and name but I think, to non-Blacks, Eminem is just as recognizable due to the fact that he started off as THE White rapper and the 8 Mile movie made the whole world recognize his appearance.

One of the reasons Eminem doesn't leave his home/lab that often is cause he'd get mobbed like crazy by deranged fans and the paparazzi.

Overall, I'd say an argument could be made for Eminem, Snoop, and Pac as the most recognizable even though I personally feel Eminem and Pac have a slight edge outside the USA.

Fourth place would be 50 Cent cause he's one of the few rappers who's toured the entire globe(even to this day) and In Da Club/GRODT is damn near Thriller status worldwide.

As for Drake, he's tricky because he has a lot of numbers and streams globally but his songs are often bigger than his image and name. The average 40+ year old isn't that knowledgeable on who Drake is but, if you play them Hotline Bling, they might go "Oh....that's him?"

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I agree on 50 and Diddy but Kanye has been such an insane news/tabloid fixture for the past fifteen years that I think a lot of non-Americans would know who he is. I mean he's gotta be the first rapper to ever have a media publicized oval office meeting with a U.S. president, right?
To be fair, I think 50 would get tons of recognition outside America.

I think people downplaying 50's fame are thinking too U.S.-Centric. He's not more famous than Em, Snoop, and Pac overall but he's definitely 4th place.

To say otherwise is to be caught up in the American bubble where 50 is more seen as a washed rapper and TV guy than anything else.

50 most definitely is recognizable overseas though. That man did a food drive in Kenya without any touring involved and had Kenyan kids singing "In Da Club" to him and begging him to perform lol.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Do you really think the rest of the world cares who is meeting with the US president if they don't already know who that person is? And even if they do know that Kanye met with the president, do you think they look at his face that often to remember what it looks like? I just think Snoop is far more recognizable.

Not to mention there's entire generations who stopped following pop culture before Kanye ever got big. Whereas Snoop has been a continuous pop culture icon for twice as long.

* Will: All up in the movies and TV shows so regular people have stared as his face for way longer
* Snoop: Extremely recognizable look, a continuous presence in the music world, talk show circuits, random pop culture icon, etc.
* Eminem: Sticks out cause he's the only White rapper anyone knows about

I think those gotta be the top three.

The world does watch what we do though - I bet that shyt made world news (even if it was for the world to laugh at how ridiculous it was). I agree those three you named are probably more recognizable but I'd have to put Kanye right after them.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The world does watch what we do though - I bet that shyt made world news (even if it was for the world to laugh at how ridiculous it was). I agree those three you named are probably more recognizable but I'd have to put Kanye right after them.

I still think Jay-Z has the more recognizable look. And even people who don't know him from music still see his face in fashion, sports, cigarette ads, etc.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Kanye should have been an option. You could make an argument he's more recognizable than Snoop.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I still think Jay-Z has the more recognizable look. And even people who don't know him from music still see his face in fashion, sports, cigarette ads, etc.
Jay quite literally is not recognizable at all outside America. Even some African friends of mines were telling me how Lil Wayne made a bigger impact in West Africa than Jay-Z and how more African rappers borrow from Wayne than Hov. And Wayne himself is hardly even that global.

Outside of America, Jay is only big when attached to Beyonce and that's it. The reverence and praise he gets in America for his rapping and business acumen is greatly reduced overseas outside of maybe Canada and the UK.

Kanye and Drake are more famous and have more globally recognizable songs than Jay overseas. Never mind Snoop, Em, Pac, and 50.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Kanye should have been an option. You could make an argument he's more recognizable than Snoop.
Kanye isn't anywhere as known in 3rd world countries as Snoop but I would say that Kanye is very recongnizable in Western countries and he has far more fans and music success than Snoop. Kanye's the 3rd most streamed rapper rn even after getting cancelled and he's always in tabloids.

But I think in non-English speaking countries, Snoop will still have more fame and recognition than Ye.