Is Seinfeld still the greatest show of all time or did Curb Your Enthusiasm surpass it?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
We've done this thread before but fukk it, I want to have this discussion again :jbhmm:

nsr.gif

Seinfeld the GOAT though

:russ:

It is a tough call and sometimes I don't know it's its out of nostalgia that I put Seinfield over Curb Your Enthusiasm but I can see someone saying either or :hubie:

With that said and for the sake of the classic gif you posted :mjgrin:
tumblr_n1852m7p051r44j84o1_400.gif

Seinfeld? :kobelol:

Friends, Scrubs, King of Queens, 2 and a Half Men(1st 8 seasons) > Seinfeld

Prime Simpsons >> either of those shows
:mjpls::sas2:

:martin::blessed:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

What are you trying to say, my nikka? You trying to say we White cause we watch some of these shows? Some of y'all nikkas try the hardest to prove how "Black" you are on here. Some of us nikkas do watch Seinfield, Scrubs, Friends and other shyt. Some of y'all nikkas need to stop with this middle school mind frame y'all got like none of us don't watch Seinfield or Scrubs or whatever. And for the record, the Simpsons don't hold a candle to no damn Seinfield, get outta here with this shyt, bruh. shyt is a joke:mjlol:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
What are you trying to say, my nikka? You trying to say we White cause we watch some of these shows? Some of y'all nikkas try the hardest to prove how "Black" you are on here. Some of us nikkas do watch Seinfield, Scrubs, Friends and other shyt. Some of y'all nikkas need to stop with this middle school mind frame y'all got like none of us don't watch Seinfield or Scrubs or whatever. And for the record, the Simpsons don't hold a candle to no damn Seinfield, get outta here with this shyt, bruh. shyt is a joke:mjlol:

The hell it does. Way bigger pop culture influence, numerous iconic characters, a longer prime, and paved the way for adult animated shows in primetime. None of the main characters ever got outed for being a white supremacist either. :mjpls:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The hell it does. Way bigger pop culture influence, numerous iconic characters, a longer prime, and paved the way for adult animated shows in primetime. None of the main characters ever got outed for being a white supremacist either. :mjpls:

Oh it's still doing it's thing. No question. I'd be in denial to deny that. The show definitely still doing something right cause they been around for 40 years but no lie, I can't even remember the last time I watched that shyt. Probably some time back in like 2007 and it was when my cousin got the shyt on dvd but as far as new episodes? shyt, since the last 90's/early 2000s.

It's easier for cartoons to have a more historic run, cause they not real and they stay the same so long as the writers want them too. Cartoons appeal to people of all ages too, especially if there's ground level for the humor such as the Simpsons so both kids and adults can enjoy watching the show. It could be argued which show is bigger on pop culture, maybe the Simpsons is (shyt they been around for 40 years and still churning out shyt so they are constantly still in peoples faces, both old fans and new while Seinfield has been off the air now for 18 years, that's damn near 2 decades. Now, Seinfield had some iconic characters too

From Soup Nazis to Nuts: 100 Best 'Seinfeld' Characters

The Simpsons definitely paved the wave for more adult animated shows, I can't take that away from them. But let's not act like Seinfield ain't do the same shyt now

I'd be typing all night so I'mma post some links right quick
Close Talkers and Double Dippers: 15 Phrases 'Seinfeld' Gave Us
How ‘Seinfeld’ Revolutionized The Sitcom | IndieWire
How Jerry Seinfeld Changed Modern Comedy With Seinfeld

As for the racist shyt, yeah Michael Richards exposed himself as a racist. Ain't nothing else I can say bout that. Although technically speaking it won't Kramer THE CHARACTER since you said "none of the main CHARACTERS". It was MICHAEL RICHARDS the ACTOR who exposed his own true feelings the night he decided to spew out racist and racial racial epithets and comments at 1 of us. So yeah, fukk him
But to be fair, now that I think back on the Simpsons, they way they did that Latino man/Bumblebee man character was on some :mjpls::francis:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
breh curb is one of my fav shows of all time

but we 38 posts in.... some of y'all listing 5-6 shows and not even a single black character, let alone show is making your top 5 :francis:

to me, martin is the goat.. curb probably top 5... but you didn't say comedies... you said TV shows period.. nah i'm going to have to throw some others in that bytch like the wire, hannibal, utopia (uk)

it's not that it's all white shows... it's that its ALL lily white shows that i can't believe this many black people are putting in their top 10 :yeshrug:

Daps
Curb is my favorite sitcom of all time. Seinfeld is a close second. Married with Children, It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development round out my top 5. Martin and Night Court get honorable mentions.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Oh it's still doing it's thing. No question. I'd be in denial to deny that. The show definitely still doing something right cause they been around for 40 years but no lie, I can't even remember the last time I watched that shyt. Probably some time back in like 2007 and it was when my cousin got the shyt on dvd but as far as new episodes? shyt, since the last 90's/early 2000s.

It's easier for cartoons to have a more historic run, cause they not real and they stay the same so long as the writers want them too. Cartoons appeal to people of all ages too, especially if there's ground level for the humor such as the Simpsons so both kids and adults can enjoy watching the show. It could be argued which show is bigger on pop culture, maybe the Simpsons is (shyt they been around for 40 years and still churning out shyt so they are constantly still in peoples faces, both old fans and new while Seinfield has been off the air now for 18 years, that's damn near 2 decades. Now, Seinfield had some iconic characters too

From Soup Nazis to Nuts: 100 Best 'Seinfeld' Characters

The Simpsons definitely paved the wave for more adult animated shows, I can't take that away from them. But let's not act like Seinfield ain't do the same shyt now

I'd be typing all night so I'mma post some links right quick
Close Talkers and Double Dippers: 15 Phrases 'Seinfeld' Gave Us
How ‘Seinfeld’ Revolutionized The Sitcom | IndieWire
How Jerry Seinfeld Changed Modern Comedy With Seinfeld

As for the racist shyt, yeah Michael Richards exposed himself as a racist. Ain't nothing else I can say bout that. Although technically speaking it won't Kramer THE CHARACTER since you said "none of the main CHARACTERS". It was MICHAEL RICHARDS the ACTOR who exposed his own true feelings the night he decided to spew out racist and racial racial epithets and comments at 1 of us. So yeah, fukk him
But to be fair, now that I think back on the Simpsons, they way they did that Latino man/Bumblebee man character was on some :mjpls::francis:

The Bumblebee man was based on a real character from Spanish TV shows. A comedian named Chespirito.
screen-shot-2014-11-29-at-9-46-22-am.png

For crossover appeal let's not forget that The Simpsons had an all time great arcade beat em up game and had a #1 hit song that was topping the charts internationally.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
breh curb is one of my fav shows of all time

but we 38 posts in.... some of y'all listing 5-6 shows and not even a single black character, let alone show is making your top 5 :francis:

to me, martin is the goat.. curb probably top 5... but you didn't say comedies... you said TV shows period.. nah i'm going to have to throw some others in that bytch like the wire, hannibal, utopia (uk)

it's not that it's all white shows... it's that its ALL lily white shows that i can't believe this many black people are putting in their top 10 :yeshrug:

Ok, I got you. I hear you. Martin is in my top 5 and if we not talking sitcoms only, In Living Color is in my top 3. I still watch that religiously on dvd, them 1st 3 seasons

Jamie Foxx show is another favorite of mine. The Wire, Wonder Years too. I like what I like, I don't try to comprise just cause I'm Black to say "this shyt is this, so I don't fukk with it." If it's good and I like it, I fukk with it. Simple as that. Now don't get it twisted, I need to see us on tv too, but I'm not close minded in that I'm not gon fukk with a show just cause most of the cast is White.

And now that I think about it, I should've said comedy cause that's what I had in mind when I made the thread but I failed to say so.Oh well, fukk it. Thread is what it is now :manny::mjlol:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The Bumblebee man was based on a real character from Spanish TV shows. A comedian named Chespirito.
screen-shot-2014-11-29-at-9-46-22-am.png

For crossover appeal let's not forget that The Simpsons had an all time great arcade beat em up game and had a #1 hit song that was topping the charts internationally.

True and obviously the comparsion of the Simpsons character of Bumblebee man doesn't even begin to compare to Michael Richards racist comments but I was just saying :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Ok, I got you. I hear you. Martin is in my top 5 and if we not talking sitcoms only, In Living Color is in my top 3. I still watch that religiously on dvd, them 1st 3 seasons

Jamie Foxx show is another favorite of mine. The Wire, Wonder Years too. I like what I like, I don't try to comprise just cause I'm Black to say "this shyt is this, so I don't fukk with it." If it's good and I like it, I fukk with it. Simple as that. Now don't get it twisted, I need to see us on tv too, but I'm not close minded in that I'm not gon fukk with a show just cause most of the cast is White.

And now that I think about it, I should've said comedy cause that's what I had in mind when I made the thread but I failed to say so.Oh well, fukk it. Thread is what it is now :manny::mjlol:
nah you good breh.. i was just having a laugh, hence all the smileys

was seinfeld really like that? i mean if it's rivaling curb, i may have to cop that box (torrent) set

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
nah you good breh.. i was just having a laugh, hence all the smileys

was seinfeld really like that? i mean if it's rivaling curb, i may have to cop that box (torrent) set

Oh it's all good, I respect your post. You always come through :salute:

I think it was. That shyt was always entertaining to me and I don't care what time of day of the time or night it is, I can always watch Seinfield. I think if you like Curb, you'll like Seinfield. I mean shyt, they both come from Larry David basically