Is Rockstar is honesly done for?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I have to agree with you ND fanboys I might as well become a fanboy too with the way Rockstar had done us and seeing ND's production especially after an experience like TLOU2
ND gets a pass for future mistakes up to a certain point after releasing TLOU2 but Rockstar? :mjlol:
Rockstar had a pass after RDR2 up until now
They are disrespectful GTA6 will definitely be a end of gen cross gen game

I mean, they are one of the best studios in the industry, hard not to be a fan. Their games are events. But so are Rockstars, they just lost steam because they can’t release as often as they used to.

GTA can’t be GTA if it’s not shytting on 98% of the games in the industry and you can’t do that these days without huge budgets and production time.

Rockstar has been releasing games for the past 10 years they are just tied to gta and RDR online

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

There’s like 10 of these. GTA6 is probably gonna do away entirely with separate single player and online and just go full MMO

Last edited:
Daps
I mean, they are one of the best studios in the industry, hard not to be a fan. Their games are events. But so are Rockstars, they just lost steam because they can’t release as often as they used to.

GTA can’t be GTA if it’s not shytting on 98% of the games in the industry and you can’t do that these days without huge budgets and production time.
There is a difference between being a fan and a fanboy :sas2:
A fanboy will dikkride no matter what while a fan can still criticize
I am a fan of ND and a fan of TLOU2 but that doesn't mean I can't criticize
A fanboy just dikkrides and tries to destroy anything that threatens the glory of what they are a fanboy of :yeshrug:
That being said ND >>>> Rockstar and once ND releases the cinematic factions multiplayer, TLOU remake, and Savage Starlight the game I have been anticipating since forever but now only on PS5 SSD technology instead of that slow shyt ND had to work with :banderas:, :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There is a difference between being a fan and a fanboy :sas2:
A fanboy will dikkride no matter what while a fan can still criticize
I am a fan of ND and a fan of TLOU2 but that doesn't mean I can't criticize
A fanboy just dikkrides and tries to destroy anything that threatens the glory of what they are a fanboy of :yeshrug:
That being said ND >>>> Rockstar and once ND releases the cinematic factions multiplayer, TLOU remake, and Savage Starlight the game I have been anticipating since forever but now only on PS5 SSD technology instead of that slow shyt ND had to work with :banderas:, :yeshrug:

I criticize naughty dog i just dont have much for TLOU2. I thought uncharted 4 was a slog. TLOU2 is just a 10/10 game for me, its that simple.:yeshrug:

And i honestly don’t feel in the mood for either another uncharted or TLOU anytime soon. Just like i don’t really care for another GTA.

I’d like new IP’s from both rockstar and Naughty dog going forward.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Rockstar isn't done at all

They are selling the same game since 2013 and it's very successful

And now the are reaching further back and bringing some even older games and they are going to sell like a mfer

We are the problem for supporting this bullshyt

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
nah, they still make great games like RDR 2, its just their practices which is probably from the higher ups. Everyone will love them again once/whenever gta 6 drops

Daps
I criticize naughty dog i just dont have much for TLOU2. I thought uncharted 4 was a slog. TLOU2 is just a 10/10 game for me, its that simple.:yeshrug:

And i honestly don’t feel in the mood for either another uncharted or TLOU anytime soon. Just like i don’t really care for another GTA.

I’d like new IP’s from both rockstar and Naughty dog going forward.
Nothing wrong with that since many people feel that way
TLOU2 is what GOT did for television
No one has seen anything like GOT where likeable characters/assumed main characters can have any outcome if logic allows it especially the Red Wedding :huhldup:

That's how I view TLOU2 it was an event in gaming that opened a new door for developers to take chances with characters, story ideas, and structure, even if the players don't like it
quality is quality no matter the outcome e.g. game of thrones until you know what :hhh:

People sending death threats over a video game outcome/s is telling about how impactful TLOU2 is so Neil must be given credit for creating a masterpiece in terms of experience

My first playthrough was a GOTG experience and the story is only critiqued in comparison to TLOU for me, which is fair since it's the sequel to what many consider to be as close to a perfect game you can get

Outside of that comparison the story realistically is at least a 9.5/10 and 10/10 to many just not the universally agreed upon 10/10 story like the first game e.g. the controversy
but that's mainly because of the emotional response people had for Joel's game of thrones moment I enjoyed game of thrones so I enjoyed the shocks and twists up until the ending :hhh:

Like most people have said it is still better than most stories though my old posts were more critical of it overall because of the ending I was ready to give the story at least a 9.5 but that ending as a part destroyed the whole for me at first like the last few seasons of game of thrones which could have been my favorite show of all time before that :hhh:
My intended score for the story before the ending: 9.5/10 maybe a 10/10
My gut reaction after the ending :hhh:: 9/10 but was like nah 7-8/10 :hhh:
Now: :yeshrug:I don't know maybe 9.5 could be 10/10 one day if the ending grows on me
removing my small complaints about the story TLOU2 is 10/10 but RDR2 is still my favorite GOTG game Rockstar ain't shyt :to:

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The #1 game on twitch every nighy is GTA5.. I wanted to see what the hype was. These dudes playing life online basically. If GTA6 is a improvement on this they gonna change gaming.

Daps
The #1 game on twitch every nighy is GTA5.. I wanted to see what the hype was. These dudes playing life online basically. If GTA6 is a improvement on this they gonna change gaming.
rockstar already won :snoop:
we ain't getting gta 6 until at least the second year of the ps6/new xbox, and it's going to be cross gen too ps5/xbox, probably the ps4, xbox one, and switch somehow :mjlol::snoop:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I can understand why ND fans ride so hard for ND trying to sabotage RDR2's name
ND > Rockstar simply at this point because of productivity and respect
ND managed to release TLOU, UC4, UC: Lost Legacy and TLOU2 in a span of 8 years, which is not an easy considering the quality levels of TLOU and TLOU2, which is GOTG, even though TLOU2 is more controversial than TLOU my only problem is with the ending execution but I have no problem with the scope of the idea behind the ending

Two great games which most people would give at least a 9/10 and a GOTG level franchise with TLOU and TLOU2 that a lot of people would rate 10/10, with the exception with maybe TLOU2 because of controversy and disagreement with story choice/structure/execution/pace

I would give TLOU2 a 10/10 based on the experience but a 9.5/10 based on having a clear agenda to get us to like Abby instead of natural story execution like TLOU and the "cop out" ending which is clearly for TLOU3 and the Abby vs. Ellie saga if I add story execution into the mix. It's a "good" ending but it is definitely a cop out I was expecting Neil to go a different route for the same outcome
But it work so :yeshrug:
So when you release a game like TLOU2, that raised the standard for a lot of people (including me) in terms of storytelling and gameplay, after having released UC4, UC: Lost Legacy, and TLOU, is going to impress people and make a lot of them loyal. I never experienced anything like TLOU2 despite some disagreements it is still a high level game. Replaying the game and thinking about the story allowed me to appreciate the high level abstract concepts behind the story and the risks Neil took with a character like Joel and Abby and the story structure. TLOU2 wouldn't be the same if it were the same Joel and Ellie story I can clearly see that now :mjlol: how everything went down was necessary to have an EFFECT on you after the end, no matter what it is and Neil knew this. Even seeing the ending allowed me to experience again and try to see the real reason why Ellie did what she did. It makes you think about it like the ending for TLOU whether you agree with the character's decisions or not but TLOU was executed better IMO the ending was perfect while the ending of TLOU2 while deep abstractly was good to great depending on who you are but a clear decision for a sequel

Rockstar? RDR2 is at least on par with TLOU2 for me but in its own way but that was their send off magnus opum since the original minds have left leaving us with microtransactions and rumor of a new game
We ain't getting gta6 until the ps6/new xbox when they can maximize profits by making it cross gen and RDR is definitely never coming back which is sad because RDR2 was my GOTG

You left out the most important part, ND is under Sony :ufdup:

Sony for the most part aren't into raping buyers with microtransactions