Is Rockstar is honesly done for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah they will still make great games.

Just gonna be very few and far between.

In the past they worked on multiple smaller projects. So we got some Gems and some duds out of them.

Now they’d rather invest a huge amount of time and money up front, then spend years cashing in on it.

Their next game will be larger than their last. Just gonna have to wait till 2025 :huhldup:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I can't wait for GTA 6 to be trash and people playing it like
losing-video-games.gif
but rockstar made it so its a 9.5 / 10

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's crazy how much online gaming fukked up the industry. At one point rockstar had released. GTA, Red Dead, La Noire and Max Payne. all within a year of each other. 2010-2013

It’s not online gaming, its increased budgets and production time. Online gaming becoming bigger is a response to it. 3rd party Developers can’t put out 3 singe player games the size of GTA or RDR in one generation

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It’s not online gaming, its increased budgets and production time. Online gaming becoming bigger is a response to it. 3rd party Developers can’t put out 3 singe player games the size of GTA or RDR in one generation
assassin's creed does it. Granted their games suck, but they are big open world games.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Rockstar ain't came out with shyt in a span 5 years, then 3 years since RDR2.

They need to figure out how to lower production times. Either that or focus on games that will last gamers 2 years of gameplay.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rockstar ain't came out with shyt in a span 5 years, then 3 years since RDR2.

They need to figure out how to lower production times. Either that or focus on games that will last gamers 2 years of gameplay.

They’ve been making expansion for GTA online and RDR2 online, which is essentially the same as making single player dlc non-stop

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
They betrayed the OG fans by not releasing the story mode dlc for gta 5.

I had every game since 98. One of my greatest gaming experiences was playing gta 3 and seeing a driver react to fido walking in front of him by beeping his horn, then fido giving him the bird. Caught me so unexpectedly that I literally :noah:

But now I'm like meh with the franchise and gaming in general. There's no time for to be online for hours. My idea of gaming is dedicating a few weeks with a story then putting it away. The last game I played was spiderman. Finished it, was piff and then I brought all the DLCs as well, so they made some extra money off me.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I wish they would remaster Bully so everyone shuts the fukk up about it already