Is Rockstar is honesly done for?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They betrayed the OG fans by not releasing the story mode dlc for gta 5.

I had every game since 98. One of my greatest gaming experiences was playing gta 3 and seeing a driver react to fido walking in front of him by beeping his horn, then fido giving him the bird. Caught me so unexpectedly that I literally :noah:

But now I'm like meh with the franchise and gaming in general. There's no time for to be online for hours. My idea of gaming is dedicating a few weeks with a story then putting it away. The last game I played was spiderman. Finished it, was piff and then I brought all the DLCs as well, so they made some extra money off me.

Yeah, i honestly dont understand all these services games that get 100’s millions of dollars in revenue a month. I feel like you gotta live and breathe these games to want to spent so much money in them and theres so many now.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
GTA4 wasn't any better, this studio has been cooked since Vice City.

Need a new formula.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Rockstar has been dead for a long time. They had a crazy run from GTA to Max Payne to Warriors and Manhunt. I don't have any intention on supporting the studio in any capacity going forward due to their business practices.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Rockstar has been dead for a long time. They had a crazy run from GTA to Max Payne to Warriors and Manhunt. I don't have any intention on supporting the studio in any capacity going forward due to their business practices.
warriors was my favorite game for a good minute too. actually improved on the movie.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
the day sony stops focusing on single player games is prob the day i just stop gaming.

giphy.gif
This has to be one of the low key greatest gif responses I've ever fukking seen.

If you are the first one to do this...Dap + Rep x 100000.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Rockstar, Blizzard, EA, Konami all shells of their formers selves. Corporate greed ruined some great franchises.
Not corporate greed at all, consumer greed lead to this. The insane notion that exclusives are good. Sony sinking shytloads of cash into games forcing everyone else to do the same which leads to less games being created as a whole. If you don't wanna blame Sony because you enjoyed a game, then go play Killzone because that is a reason, that game and it's budget set a precedent. Thankfully Microsoft realizes that just competing in that arena is suicide for the industry so creating a place where you don't have to have AAAA budgets to thrive. Gamepass works on so many levels and the greedy consumers who perpetuate the bullshyt will literally tell you gamepass is bad for the industry :dwillhuh:

Flynn crimson dragon, mighty Goose, Hades, sable, artful escape and so much more are being enjoyed by millions and it's non stop. I don't see cooperate greed there, I see innovation that benefits everyone involved

Daps
Was watching videos of Max Payne 1, 2 and especially 3:wow: Max Payne 3 was like a punch in the stomach, but had a very satisfying ending. Remembered playing Midnight club. Didn't get into Bully

Take Two Interactive ruined Rockstar. These kids addicted to microtransactions like crack cocaine in the 80s:francis:. I remember folks was saying they'd rather have microtransactions over DLC....:francis: We'll hardly, if ever, see great games from them. A grim ending for a great story.
I can understand why ND fans ride so hard for ND trying to sabotage RDR2's name
ND > Rockstar simply at this point because of productivity and respect
ND managed to release TLOU, UC4, UC: Lost Legacy and TLOU2 in a span of 8 years, which is not an easy considering the quality levels of TLOU and TLOU2, which is GOTG, even though TLOU2 is more controversial than TLOU my only problem is with the ending execution but I have no problem with the scope of the idea behind the ending

Two great games which most people would give at least a 9/10 and a GOTG level franchise with TLOU and TLOU2 that a lot of people would rate 10/10, with the exception with maybe TLOU2 because of controversy and disagreement with story choice/structure/execution/pace

I would give TLOU2 a 10/10 based on the experience but a 9.5/10 based on having a clear agenda to get us to like Abby instead of natural story execution like TLOU and the "cop out" ending which is clearly for TLOU3 and the Abby vs. Ellie saga if I add story execution into the mix. It's a "good" ending but it is definitely a cop out I was expecting Neil to go a different route for the same outcome
But it work so :yeshrug:
So when you release a game like TLOU2, that raised the standard for a lot of people (including me) in terms of storytelling and gameplay, after having released UC4, UC: Lost Legacy, and TLOU, is going to impress people and make a lot of them loyal. I never experienced anything like TLOU2 despite some disagreements it is still a high level game. Replaying the game and thinking about the story allowed me to appreciate the high level abstract concepts behind the story and the risks Neil took with a character like Joel and Abby and the story structure. TLOU2 wouldn't be the same if it were the same Joel and Ellie story I can clearly see that now :mjlol: how everything went down was necessary to have an EFFECT on you after the end, no matter what it is and Neil knew this. Even seeing the ending allowed me to experience again and try to see the real reason why Ellie did what she did. It makes you think about it like the ending for TLOU whether you agree with the character's decisions or not but TLOU was executed better IMO the ending was perfect while the ending of TLOU2 while deep abstractly was good to great depending on who you are but a clear decision for a sequel

Rockstar? RDR2 is at least on par with TLOU2 for me but in its own way but that was their send off magnus opum since the original minds have left leaving us with microtransactions and rumor of a new game
We ain't getting gta6 until the ps6/new xbox when they can maximize profits by making it cross gen and RDR is definitely never coming back which is sad because RDR2 was my GOTG

Last edited:
Daps
I have to agree with you ND fanboys I might as well become a fanboy too with the way Rockstar had done us and seeing ND's production especially after an experience like TLOU2
ND gets a pass for future mistakes up to a certain point after releasing TLOU2 but Rockstar? :mjlol:
Rockstar had a pass after RDR2 up until now
They are disrespectful GTA6 will definitely be a end of gen cross gen game