Is @Poitier Black?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it's so plain to see that I object to Black run schools (not Umar Johnson run schools) then quote it and get me banned?

whats the difference? is umar johnson not a black man? in regards to having an institution that is controlled and ran by black people, you already said a better alternative would be going to PTA meetings, voting, and attending school board meetings. :yeshrug: :russ:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
whats the difference? is umar johnson not a black man? in regards to having an institution that is controlled and ran by black people, you already said a better alternative would be going to PTA meetings, voting, and attending school board meetings. :yeshrug: :russ:

A singular Black man does not equal "Black people." I'd much prefer each Black family that pays tuition to an all Black school to get a piece of ownership and say...

And I do think that Blacks should use the public systems until we get a local economy and can support something like all Black schools. Right now we're too vulnerable to get got.

I've changed my some of my views since the quotes below but I've always been Pro Black ownership

I haven't seen a longitudinal study on this. Until they measure Blacks in a high income bracket from an early age to graduation, those studies are misleading since there are studies that say the exact opposite. Also, top notch education sectors are White dominated. We need to have majority Black institutions of top quality. I have yet to see any suggestions from any of you.
You're an idiot. The quote is still relevant today. A Black kid from wealth is still going to be surrounded by White kids, White professors, white cultural/social norms at a White institution. Furthermore, a White professor is more likely to go out of their way and empathize, help a White student than they are some negro. International kids don't have that problem because they come from a homogenous environment and when they attend university that rigidity is already set.
This is false and I'm starting to believe that you're a st0rmfr0nt poster. Students learn better from educators who look like them. It's that simple. Has nothing to do with culture because there are TONS of morally depleted White kids who achieve at an academic level. American culture in general is toxic. You'd have to think Blacks are inherently ghetto, ignorant, evil monkeys to buy the narrative you're trying to sell.
Ok, parenting matters, however, if you asked me the best way to attack the achievement gap? I'd say top notch Black institutions with Black teachers and tutors. You think it's parenting but I'd say an effective educator can makeup for what is lacking in the home. You have to have Black educators to care about Black students. Parenting ain't gone stop us from living in the hood, stomach aching, guns going off every hour, overcrowded classrooms, no access to the Internet routinely, 1st edition textbooks way outdated, etc. In some cases it might but in most cases, it just won't. Even the affluent Blacks aren't going to be shown as much empathy by their White educators at a top academy.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Brownie points? From who? Definitely not a prissy ass nikka like you :mjlol: You won't find a message on here from me praising the White man and yes I have pride in America, I live here and it's where I make my stay :ohhh: Stop worrying about my flaws and worry about why The Coli membership think you're a bytch :lolbron:

WqFK0.gif
YEAH IM SURE AMERICA IS REAL PROUD OF YOU TOO

WqFK0.gif

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
You're from Canada :mjpls:

Do I run around like a dikkhead saying "I'm proud of Canada"?

You're proud of a country which owes its immense wealth and power to the most horrible crime known to man (Trans Atlantic slavery) which was perpetrated on your great grandfather?

You're proud of a country which had your grandfather as a second class citizen by the law for almost 100 years, with sanctioned racism from the highest levels of government?

You're proud of a country that when met by peaceful opposition and protest, had your great uncle and aunt gunned down, lynched, eaten by dogs, hosed and raped? Many times by the government elected to serve them?

You're proud of a country whose intelligence community allowed right wing cartels and guerrilla groups in South America to not only commit atrocities on their own people, but import massive amounts of Cocaine into your mothers community almost totally unimpeded?

A country that kidnapped your father and tested venereal diseases on him?

A country that is selling prisons to corporations to create profitability in the mass imprisonment of your brothers(and now your SISTERS) for crimes that other races commit at similar,sometimes higher rates?

That's the country that YOU are proud of?

You should be ashamed of yourself if you really are an AFRICAN-American. :smh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

You're proud of a country which owes its immense wealth and power to the most horrible crime known to man (Trans Atlantic slavery) which was perpetrated on your great grandfather?

You're proud of a country which had your grandfather as a second class citizen by the law for almost 100 years, with sanctioned racism from the highest levels of government?

You're proud of a country that when met by peaceful opposition and protest, had your great uncle and aunt gunned down, lynched, eaten by dogs, hosed and raped? Many times by the government elected to serve them?

You're proud of a country whose intelligence community allowed right wing cartels and guerrilla groups in South America to not only commit atrocities on their own people, but import massive amounts of Cocaine into your mothers community almost totally unimpeded?

A country that is selling prisons to corporations to create profitability in the mass imprisonment of your brothers(and now your SISTERS) for crimes that other races commit at similar,sometimes higher rates?

Same things can be said about DR, Jamaica, many African nations or any other Black diaspora.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A singular Black man does not equal "Black people." I'd much prefer each Black family that pays tuition to an all Black school to get a piece of ownership and say...

And I do think that Blacks should use the public systems until we get a local economy and can support something like all Black schools. Right now we're too vulnerable to get got.

I've changed my some of my views since the quotes below but I've always been Pro Black ownership
iight im done, breh. you over here bringing up a bunch of irrelevant quotes from another thread. talkin bout you changed some of your views in just 3 months, fukk outta here, bruh

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Same things can be said about DR, Jamaica, many African nations or any other Black diaspora.

DR, and Jamaica were created by the colonists to use our human capital and enslave us. I could break down to you the difference between African nationalism and African American nationalism but thats futile. Let's talk about your statement.

You really have to have some self hate issues to say you're proud of America. After all that's happened, happening, and will happen, really? Trayvon didn't wake you up? That kid didn't do a damn thing except be African and he was guilty. There isn't a damn thing to be proud of you fukking idiot. Don't you live in Atlanta? Don't you see the poor blacks addicted to drugs; selling and using? You don't see your single mothers every where you go? The kids skipping school fukkin up their future? All of them look like you and you're proud of the whole thing.

nikka you need to drink a red bull get some wings and wake the fukk up you god damn clown.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:whoo::whew:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
DR, and Jamaica were created by the colonists to use our human capital and enslave us. I could break down to you the difference between African nationalism and African American nationalism but thats futile. Let's talk about your statement.

You really have to have some self hate issues to say you're proud of America. After all that's happened, happening, and will happen, really? Trayvon didn't wake you up? That kid didn't do a damn thing except be African and he was guilty. There isn't a damn thing to be proud of you fukking idiot. Don't you live in Atlanta? Don't you see the poor blacks addicted to drugs; selling and using? You don't see your single mothers every where you go? The kids skipping school fukkin up their future? All of them look like you and you're proud of the whole thing.

nikka you need to drink a red bull get some wings and wake the fukk up you god damn clown.

1. Go ahead... tell me why someone from Sudan having pride in their country is different than my pride. While you are at it, go ahead and do that comparison with the Afro-Latino nations.

2. Florida state law does not equal America. I don't live in Florida. Don't like Florida and will never visit. Utopias don't exist so you have to take the good with the bad.

3. Atlanta is one of the shining beacons for Black unity and progression, not to say that everything is gravy out here.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

powerful posting
dapped
repped