unique climate (some people like the heat),
l5xTxr7o4Zx4.jpg

1qhe9cIT0Om9.jpg

Let's keep it real breh nobody likes this shyt
:comeon:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I went out there during the week of Christmas and New Years. I stayed in my car with my dogs and delivered Doordash orders while there so I got to know the area pretty well

The best pizza there is Sal’s and Otto’s

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
It depends on what you're looking for and what you value in life. Many people on this board are from extremely dense east coast urban areas, and would absolutely hate it here because Phoenix is nothing like that. But a certain set of people would love it. I moved to the area 5 years ago from Chicago and am convinced it was one of the best decisions of my life.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Been here since 2009.

Yeah man, the cops really aren't exceptionally bad out here. I see cruisers/SUVs out on patrol from time to time, but not at any higher volume than I was used to in Columbus, OH where I used to live.

And as it sounds like you're finding out, the heat ends up not being as bad as you think it is, since the city is built around being able to avoid heat exposure in the summer. Only folks I know getting pelted by the heat long term are folks using public transit, unfortunately homeless people, foolish hikers, or people who work outdoors for a living.
Now I have noticed an uptick in homeless people, but I think that’s more so because it’s my first experience living in the city compared to the outskirts back in MS.

Overall, it’s actually not too bad and I’ve adjusted quicker than I thought. It’s more so finding the little quality of life things like a barber and mechanic that I’m used to back at home.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends on what you're looking for and what you value in life. Many people on this board are from extremely dense east coast urban areas, and would absolutely hate it here because Phoenix is nothing like that. But a certain set of people would love it. I moved to the area 5 years ago from Chicago and am convinced it was one of the best decisions of my life.

The bolded is a pretty big adjustment for people moving out here. Getting used to the fact that you will most likely need to learn to use the entire valley to see and do absolutely everything really throws people for a loop. Once you get over the possibility of maybe occasionally having to put in a 20-45 minute drive depending on where you live, and where you're going, it's not that big of a deal. And even then, you learn real quick what areas don't matter to you. For example, there is no event that could ever get me to set foot in Mesa. :mjlol:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
They depend on water from other states and just went through a crazy month where the lowest low in temperature was like 97 degrees at night :huhldup:
Probably fine for a short term stint but doesn't seem like a smart place to lay down roots

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The bolded is a pretty big adjustment for people moving out here. Getting used to the fact that you will most likely need to learn to use the entire valley to see and do absolutely everything really throws people for a loop. Once you get over the possibility of maybe occasionally having to put in a 20-45 minute drive depending on where you live, and where you're going, it's not that big of a deal. And even then, you learn real quick what areas don't matter to you. For example, there is no event that could ever get me to set foot in Mesa. :mjlol:
Is it that bad? This chick a couple of weekends ago was resting to get me to meet up with at one of the bowling alley’s there :russ:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Is it that bad? This chick a couple of weekends ago was resting to get me to meet up with at one of the bowling alley’s there :russ:
The meth and fent problem is out of control there. Homeless tweakers everywhere. And Mesa PD = execution squad :francis: Always in the news for corruption, excessive force, clapping somebody, etc. I'm only in Mesa for the occasional Cubs spring training game or for the Asian district.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now I have noticed an uptick in homeless people, but I think that’s more so because it’s my first experience living in the city compared to the outskirts back in MS.

Overall, it’s actually not too bad and I’ve adjusted quicker than I thought. It’s more so finding the little quality of life things like a barber and mechanic that I’m used to back at home.

The homeless problem has really spiked over the last few years. But we're not unique in that aspect really, because it's the same as it is anywhere else with that problem: absolutely absurd housing market.

But man, barbers. I'm probably a weirdo about this, but I've only settled on a steady barber a handful of times since living here, since I prefer that a breh cut my hair, rarely have time to make appointments, AND I'm not necessarily trying to drive all the way across the valley to get a haircut. shyt is tough, but I'm entirely aware that I'm the problem here. :snoop:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The meth and fent problem is out of control there. Homeless tweakers everywhere. And Mesa PD = execution squad :francis: Always in the news for corruption, excessive force, clapping somebody, etc. I'm only in Mesa for the occasional Cubs spring training game or for the Asian district.

The last time I was in Mesa, I went to a spot with my lady to see a show at a shytty club to support one of her coworkers at the time. Just to get in, I had to part the red sea of real life fukking juggalos. I said never again at that point. I moved away from the Midwest to leave that type of fukkery behind.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
lol. The liberal cacs in seattle Portland vs the hardcore maga heads in Arizona…

:jbhmm:

Which ones you prefer to deal with says a lot about you.
I have a friend who moved out to Portland a couple of years ago and he told me there’s hella skin heads there. :yeshrug: