Is Karl Malone underrated?

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
This makes no sense

Larry Bird is a much better player than Malone.

Malone didn’t come through in the playoffs, even though he had the all time assist leader feeding him.
How many Hall Of Famers did Malone play with? Ask that same question about Larry Bird :coffee: Malone carried shytty teams to the playoffs every year he was in Utah.

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
Just my top 10 :hubie: if it wasn't for the sheer dominance I'd leave Wilt out the top 10 due to lack of competition back then. Lack of teams and so many cacs being in the league gotta be deductible points.
People still use these myths?
:snoop:
1 ) Smaller number of teams = less competition for the title, yeah. But also multiple stars on one team. Higher concentration of talent.

2) Here are some of the centers Wilt and/or Russell faced & their heights:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar: 7'2"

Dennis Awtrey: 6'11"

Walt Bellamy: 6'11"

Tom Boerwinkle: 7'0"

Nate Bowmen: 6'11"

Mel Counts: 7'0"

Walter Dukes: 7'0"

Jim Eakins: 6'11"

Ray Felix: 6'11"

Hank Finkel: 7'0"

Artis Gilmore: 7'2"

Swede Halbrook: 7'3"

Reggie Harding: 7'0"

Bob Lanier: 6'11"

Jim McDaniels: 6'11"

Otto Moore: 6'11"

Dave Newmark: 7'0"

Rich Niemann: 7'0"

Billy Paultz: 6'11"

Craig Raymond: 6'11"

Elmore Smith: 7'0"

Chuck Share: 6'11"

Ronald Taylor: 7'1"

Nate Thurmond: 6'11"

Walt Wesley: 6'11"

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
People still use these myths?
:snoop:
1 ) Smaller number of teams = less competition for the title, yeah. But also multiple stars on one team. Higher concentration of talent.

2) Here are some of the centers Wilt and/or Russell faced & their heights:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar: 7'2"

Dennis Awtrey: 6'11"

Walt Bellamy: 6'11"

Tom Boerwinkle: 7'0"

Nate Bowmen: 6'11"

Mel Counts: 7'0"

Walter Dukes: 7'0"

Jim Eakins: 6'11"

Ray Felix: 6'11"

Hank Finkel: 7'0"

Artis Gilmore: 7'2"

Swede Halbrook: 7'3"

Reggie Harding: 7'0"

Bob Lanier: 6'11"

Jim McDaniels: 6'11"

Otto Moore: 6'11"

Dave Newmark: 7'0"

Rich Niemann: 7'0"

Billy Paultz: 6'11"

Craig Raymond: 6'11"

Elmore Smith: 7'0"

Chuck Share: 6'11"

Ronald Taylor: 7'1"

Nate Thurmond: 6'11"

Walt Wesley: 6'11"
Not gonna lie to you breh, I only heard of 5 dudes you named on that list.

Daps
I can't remember a big shot he made during his career. Let Rodman get into his head in both those Finals...

I searched this whole thread to see if anyone would speak on this. Karl Malone never cracks any media outlet’s top 10 for a reason...

He doesn’t have one single playoff moment to his name. I’m not even talking about a ring. I’m talking a moment of duress or pressure where he propelled his team

Where is his clutch performance?
Iconic shot?

Karl Malone is more known for being a mental midget who was overwhelmed in big moments post April

Keep in mind I don’t believe this video highlights Stockton coming up huge for the Jazz against The Kings In 99. If John doesn’t hit that shot in Game 4 that series ends in Arco and that’s another stain on their record

So not only does this guy have no rings but now you feel his inability to make shots & free throws when the pressure is tight should not count against him

As the years go on he will continue to be overlooked & supplanted by guys with a fraction of his numbers but proven commodities in playoff basketball

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
Guys are more skilled today :manny: I seen vids of them playing that YMCA basketball back in the day.
I disagree about skills, it's just the defense is so pathetic, lots of players look more skilled than they are.

60's basketball really looks like YMCA ball but they did the best with what they had. No modern training methods, science, rest, medicine, bad salaries, trains instead of first class plane tickets to games, rampant racism from CAC crowds...Those men were pioneers