Is it time for Microsoft to renovate Halo and Gears?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
this thread seems different than the usual shyt y'all give MS. And I highly agree. I doubt MS would lose food off the table attempting to do so.

A high rumour is that even GameFreak may change up Pokemon's mechanics as well.

:manny: the wave of innovation is high now. Just take a chance, and tell them devs to trust in themselves with their own take on the creativity. It's literally why THEY are the devs.
Cosign.

Instead of the usual circle jerk, threads like this are what regular posters want to see.

Not the same trolling bullshyt.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Gears shot their load with 3. Everything since has been a step backwards. The micro-transactions and loot boxes in 4 were embarrassing, considering it had less content compared to 3. It improved overtime but you know what they say about first impressions.

MP playlists in 4 were once again a clusterfukk that had to be reorganized multiple times. Whoever initially removed King of the Hill was hopefully fired.

They should've continued to evolve and balance the only redeeming quality in Judgement: the "OverRun" mode. shyt was lit. Horde mode is dated, but I get its place. If COD can still make Zombie mode a creative experience then there's no reason Horde mode can't be special.

Then there's the issue of MP accessibility. The shotgun + wallbounce meta will always put people off due to the steep learning curve with no easy out. When gameplay strays away, the loyalists complain and abandon. I can't be mad at newcomers not sticking around. Solo queue and you'll get steamrolled 8 out of 10 times and not really know how it happened or how to counter :heh:

Gears was my shyt but gotta admit the franchise is :flabbynsick: at this point. Innovation is long overdue.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Right now MSFT is the dude walking into the party with a 4X white Tee under a Iverson Jersey.

k3u3i9.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Microsoft scared to do mean shyt they in it for the quick buck.

scared money don't make none. :yeshrug:

but as long as the division is profitable, the suits at MS who care 99% more about WinOffice will be good with that. problem is that won't last forever at this rate and if they stop making money or enough money to remain a valuable asset, they'll throw the Xbox brand in the bushes.

What can they reasonably do? Crackdown may end up turning out good, but it won't be a system seller. Same with State of Decay. Halo is losing it's luster.

Still don't get why Scalebound was cancelled. Those are the types of shyt you need. Can't be successful if you are too scared to take chances.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I was a day one Xbox owner all tha way back to the Malcolm X-Box and Gears got me hooked on the 360 wave and I became a die hard fan of the franchise ever since. I can honestly tell you the Gears franchise is now ass and the messicans and the Coalition have ruined that franchise.

1.They divided the user base with two different gnasher tunings.

2. The new generation of characters is weak ass SJW Dawson Creek bs boring shyt.

3. The loot crates are completes robberies 50 packs to unlock 1 of 2 characters on avg.

4. The map rotation and DLC are garbage the only maps selected are classic gears maps and new maps are reskins of gears 4 maps

5. The game is only catered to messicans and while getting hate mail from them calling me a puta enforcer user is hilarious they have ruined the meta.

I have no hope for Gears 5 and I won't be preordering it at all.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They need changes, but Co-Op for the campaign and MP was always the focus of these games. They need a refresh, but I just don't see the value of trying to put a lot of time into SP for MP centric games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need changes, but Co-Op for the campaign and MP was always the focus of these games. They need a refresh, but I just don't see the value of trying to put a lot of time into SP for MP centric games.
Halo and Gears SP was just as big as the MP back then. This narrative needs to die.