Is it time for Black America to shun all depictions of black-on-black violence in Media?

Bmezy

All Star
Daps
There’s a dark energy specifically embedded in that drill shyt.. cold as ice and to keep it a stack.. just morbid as hell. them kids are clearly in a lot of pain and the music perpetuates a lot of torment and hopelessness that echos through their own streets/communities. The detrimental part is that instead of the music being used as a cautionary ‘tale’ as a deterrent to discourage imitation.. the lifestyle is romanticized as a tool to gain respect, adoration, money and women.. now, the safety net has turned into a trap and now young, impressionable minds are led down a path of destruction.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Naw Mike Epps GIF - Naw Mike Epps Nah - Discover & Share GIFs

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
It's getting to a point where we might have to put gang members/criminals into re-education camps once it's proven that they're in that lifestyle. We need to make it so that people are afraid to claim a criminal lifestyle out loud. We could make life so hard for criminals, but it's not happening. We just let them walk around until they kill, rob, or steal. White racists benefit from Black communities being terrorized, so they conspire to keep the violence high. That's part of the reason nothing ever changes.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
This country was built on violence...

If u think we're gonna give up Hip Hop and Hood movies, then I've got a bridge and some land in Baltimore to sell you.

I wouldn't live a day without listening to Mobb Deep and Nas.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
How is pointing out hypocrisy sus?

I never said it was. If the media can influence us y'all to be gay or effeminate, that's :dame:-worthy.

I only watch TV24Harlem and listen to 98.3 PAUSE TTG, so I don't have these problems.
Dame Hubie

I guess the folks using that smart dumb logic forgot motherfukkers have been gay since before modern media was invented. (Obligatory :dame:)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s a dark energy specifically embedded in that drill shyt.. cold as ice and to keep it a stack.. just morbid as hell. them kids are clearly in a lot of pain and the music perpetuates a lot of torment and hopelessness that echos through their own streets/communities. The detrimental part is that instead of the music being used as a cautionary ‘tale’ as a deterrent to discourage imitation.. the lifestyle is romanticized as a tool to gain respect, adoration, money and women.. now, the safety net has turned into a trap and now young, impressionable minds are led down a path of destruction.
There are plenty of cautionary tales. What no one wants to acknowledge is cautionary tales are often ignored

Everybody knows Tony dies at the end of Scarface. That doesn't stop nikkas from wanting to be Tony

"I'd rather die enormous than live dormant that's how we on it"

Daps
What media do black people own and operate to control this narrative?

Take a good look at this goofy white boy in this video who goes up to clown rapper and asks him who he "snitched" on.. Suburbanite cac who has no ties to the streets concerning himself with rappers "snitching"... This is who is fueling the whole gangsta rap/trap/drill rap music scene.

:laff: that video

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
shut up bytch… up I really hate these fukk on here and promoting shyt we been known!!!

Black people are 13% of America but are 50% of Twitter. Black people need to disconnect from pop (Jew)culture if we want to have a chance. I hate you niggS. fukk you

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
- No more drill music
- No more gangster shows unless tackling corrupt systems
- No more photos at opps' funerals

- More ignoring or calling our posts on social media that propagate images of us at our worst
- More contacting execs to question why they're so comfortable depicting black people vs black people constantly
- More pointing out the disparity in the portrayal of white violence (The Red State Murder Problem – Third Way)

Black on black violence is beamed into TVs, Radios, and Social media not just around America, but around the globe. We talk about things like crime bills being band-aids fixes, and at the heart of this the violence is an after-effect of white supremacy, but clearly our community wants ACTION, NOW.

So instead of talking about what the white people in power should do, why don't we shift to what the average black person can do?
Way past time