Is it time for Black America to shun all depictions of black-on-black violence in Media?

Daps
Mob movies don't seem to have a detrimental effect on Italian or white populations.

Horror movies don't seem to make people lose it and start swinging axes.

But for some reason our folks take Rap seriously enough to try to emulate the images and ideals of drug and gang culture.. kinda strange, but I'd say it's true.

The fix is within. The white man isn't going to give us anything we haven't already got so just forget about them "helping" us.

How many non gang members are there vs the number of gang members in a given city? I'd say like 10 to 1. So theoretically the 10 people don't have to allow the 1 to destroy everything around them.

Easy explanation is that in our community, crime is glorified and seen as the "way out". You commit a crime for your rep, then build a rap career off that rep.

It's a sick twisted loop of events.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
We should have been done that and people are deluding themselves if they think music doesn't have a huge effect on how these kids act. I thought that Drake era was terrible musically, but when Drake/Kanye type of dudes were the prevalent form of music, violence plummeted.
Nobody does this stuff because of music. We need to start holding ourselves accountable and stop blaming media for everything

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
- No more drill music
- No more gangster shows unless tackling corrupt systems
- No more photos at opps' funerals

- More ignoring or calling our posts on social media that propagate images of us at our worst
- More contacting execs to question why they're so comfortable depicting black people vs black people constantly
- More pointing out the disparity in the portrayal of white violence (The Red State Murder Problem – Third Way)

Black on black violence is beamed into TVs, Radios, and Social media not just around America, but around the globe. We talk about things like crime bills being band-aids fixes, and at the heart of this the violence is an after-effect of white supremacy, but clearly our community wants ACTION, NOW.

So instead of talking about what the white people in power should do, why don't we shift to what the average black person can do?

Yes

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope I'm alive the day that black people as a collective, look back at the abomination known as "drill music" , and cringe at the thought that we once actually sung along and danced to our own genocide.

Imagine a young Jewish rapper making a song rapping about killing other Jews.

That song would be scrubbed from the internet and he would be viewed as a traitor to his community. He would have to go on a public apology tour to be accepted back.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I hope I'm alive the day that black people as a collective, look back at the abomination known as "drill music" , and cringe at the thought that we once actually sung along and danced to our own genocide.

Imagine a young Jewish rapper making a song rapping about killing other Jews.

That song would be scrubbed from the internet and he would be viewed as a traitor to his community. He would have to go on a public apology tour to be accepted back.
Historians will study and look at the last 30 years of black music and it will be predominantly genocide music.

I watched Quincy Jones and Ella Fitzgerald documentaries on Netflix this year. These folks had it as hard as anyone coming up today growing up but look at the themes of the music.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman
- No more drill music
- No more gangster shows unless tackling corrupt systems
- No more photos at opps' funerals

- More ignoring or calling our posts on social media that propagate images of us at our worst
- More contacting execs to question why they're so comfortable depicting black people vs black people constantly
- More pointing out the disparity in the portrayal of white violence (The Red State Murder Problem – Third Way)

Black on black violence is beamed into TVs, Radios, and Social media not just around America, but around the globe. We talk about things like crime bills being band-aids fixes, and at the heart of this the violence is an after-effect of white supremacy, but clearly our community wants ACTION, NOW.

So instead of talking about what the white people in power should do, why don't we shift to what the average black person can do?

Too late. This is what y’all wanted now you have to reap what you have a sown.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Is it time for Black America to shun all depictions of black-on-black violence in Media?

No, it is not. It is time for people to do what the fukk they wanna do, as it has always been. Your campaign ain’t everybody campaign. Just go ahead and call me part of the problem cause I’m not contacting no damn record execs about shyt, not monitoring what I wanna listen to for my enjoyment, and definitely not giving up watching Menace To Society. The very thought alone is preposterous:hhh:

Go fight for the cause. nikkas always looking for help. I’m unapologetically black. I’m outside slapping crackers and suing corporations in real life. My shyt documented. I don’t need no nikka giving me a black man rule book. If you wanna be an activist then go activate nikka.