Is it time for Black America to shun all depictions of black-on-black violence in Media?

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
What kind of media do people want Black creators to make that you aren't gonna support?

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
What media do black people own and operate to control this narrative?

Take a good look at this goofy white boy in this video who goes up to clown rapper and asks him who he "snitched" on.. Suburbanite cac who has no ties to the streets concerning himself with rappers "snitching"... This is who is fueling the whole gangsta rap/trap/drill rap music scene.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Just worry about you and yours OP, I'd rather see drill music and violence not be a thing anymore either, but adults are gonna do what they want

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Is it time for Black America to shun all depictions of black-on-black violence in Media?

No, it is not. It is time for people to do what the fukk they wanna do, as it has always been. Your campaign ain’t everybody campaign. Just go ahead and call me part of the problem cause I’m not contacting no damn record execs about shyt, not monitoring what I wanna listen to for my enjoyment, and definitely not giving up watching Menace To Society. The very thought alone is preposterous:hhh:

Go fight for the cause. nikkas always looking for help. I’m unapologetically black. I’m outside slapping crackers and suing corporations in real life. My shyt documented. I don’t need no nikka giving me a black man rule book. If you wanna be an activist then go activate nikka.
This

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Mob movies don't seem to have a detrimental effect on Italian or white populations.

Horror movies don't seem to make people lose it and start swinging axes.

But for some reason our folks take Rap seriously enough to try to emulate the images and ideals of drug and gang culture.. kinda strange, but I'd say it's true.

The fix is within. The white man isn't going to give us anything we haven't already got so just forget about them "helping" us.

How many non gang members are there vs the number of gang members in a given city? I'd say like 10 to 1. So theoretically the 10 people don't have to allow the 1 to destroy everything around them.
Cacs have many more forms of entertainment than we do

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Mob movies don't seem to have a detrimental effect on Italian or white populations.

But for some reason our folks take Rap seriously enough to try to emulate the images and ideals of drug and gang culture.. kinda strange, but I'd say it's true.

The fix is within. The white man isn't going to give us anything we haven't already got so just forget about them "helping" us.

How many non gang members are there vs the number of gang members in a given city? I'd say like 10 to 1. So theoretically the 10 people don't have to allow the 1 to destroy everything around them.
You're comparing two small niche film groups to music. You should have pointed the wihite music genres that are filled with gangs and violence......I know why you didn't though.

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
You going to get hate and nikkas going to call u a c00n or as always you see it on here continue to blame the system for everything

Black people don’t want to hear accountability, responsibility or reality that we have to face

Even Denzel was getting hate when he said “ it starts in the home, if the daddy not in the home to raised and teach, the streets will be the kids daddy “

TheJet

Superstar
Daps

It's deeper than just entertainment. If it were that simple, we could just make a bunch of movies and music with us loving on each other and praising each other and the problem would be solved.