Is it possible to lose 50 pounds in 3 months

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm somewhere betwee. 230 to 240lbs. I'm asking for help. About 95% of the stuff I eat is fast food and sweets and pop/soda. My eating habits is trash

Not quite 3 months, but back in 2011 I went from 227 to 177 in 9 months. I started out in the winter by climbing stairs with a weight vest. I started out with 16 lbs and eventually moved up to 30 and settled on 40lbs. when the weather got warmer I took it outside and walked on the beach with it. I eventually stopped because I started to get nervous about some pains in my ankles, but I can't argue with the fact that it really helped take the weight off.

As far as soda, here's a tip:
I acquired a taste for seltzer water instead of regular soda. If you put it in the freezer and drink it just before it freezes, its so cold I can barely tell there's no sugar in it.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I'm somewhere betwee. 230 to 240lbs. I'm asking for help. About 95% of the stuff I eat is fast food and sweets and pop/soda. My eating habits is trash
Do you know how to cook?

And yea replacing soda with water will get you like 1/3 there. I drink one of these every day

Clear-2-liter-water-bottle-plastic-gym.jpg

You can still have fast food, but no fries or soda. Just the sandwich or a salad

Cut snacks out completely... keep your eating limited to like 2-4 meals. So a day could look like:

Breakfast- McD sausage egg + cheese biscuit (600kcal)
Lunch- 2 McD chicken sandwiches (700kcal)
Dinner- Wendys chicken salad + 4 chicken nuggets (700kcal)

I think that's 1900kcal that should be pretty filling... you combine that with drinking water only and cardio, you will lose a shytload of weight fast

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
It's possible... Kind of...

Are you already use to doing lots of cardio at an intermediate pace?

Do have the will power to eat clean? That part is wayyyy harder than cardio for a beginner. Your lower brain has a different objective than your frontal lobe (ie it just wants to maintain current homeostasis). The minute you burn too much energy for its liking via cardio/dieting your hypothalamus will (indirectly) be pumping your body full of insulin making you want to eat during the beginning stages. That's why beginners always complain about being hungry after a workout.

Your gonna have to fight that for a month until your mind and body adjusts.

If you already made it past that than you can maybe lose 50 lbs but imo 30-36 lbs over 3 months is more realistic.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Yeah it's possible but not the best path. If you do pursue it understand that to lose that much weight that fast will be hard and stressful. There's a strong chance you'll see how hard you have to go to pull it off and you give up on the whole thing. I'd say better way to do it is nice and slow. Take your time with it and do it right, at a pace you can maintain and you'll come out a better person with a better understanding of how to eat and exercise.

Either way, for weight loss it's all about diet. Exercise helps but wont matter if you're diet isnt right. Track everything you're eating, on paper or use an app. If it sounds too complicated just count the calories but eventually you want to track protein, carbs, and fats. Track as much as you can.

Also get used to being hungry. I've found that you can look for all kinds of tricks to avoid hunger but eventually you will have to be ok with that feeling. I'm not saying starve yourself but to lose weight that means less food than what your used to. On the other side don't skip meals either cause you'll end up bingeing and could ruin days of work. Stick to your diet/calories and be consistent.

Good luck

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My current Window is 1PM to 8/9PM (depending on what time i get home) the fast isnt that bad, once you get over the mornign hump after the first week the routine is straight forward.

You can keep the same diet you have now and you'll lose weight, but obviously you're trying to get into better shape so clean up the diet a bit (less junk more green and water) and regular cardio type work and you good breh

You can give it a go with what works for you but the intermittent fasting template really does work i can confirm

when you say eating window. do you mean you fast in the morning? I am looking to make changes.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
someone correct me if I'm wrong but if someone is obese. If they get their diet and exercising right don't the pounds literally fall off?:jbhmm:

I could understand if they were only 50 lb's overweight and trying to lose that fifty. but I've witnessed/been told by people they've lost 25-35 in the span of about 2 months before. depending on his body type it might not be feasible as depending on the person the weight loss might slow down very quickly after the first 20, But I don't think it's impossible.

op, 10 pounds a month seems more feasible if you really wanna set a more realistic goal and get weight off.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
someone correct me if I'm wrong but if someone is obese. If they get their diet and exercising right don't the pounds literally fall off?:jbhmm:

I could understand if they were only 50 lb's overweight and trying to lose that fifty. but I've witnessed/been told by people they've lost 25-35 in the span of about 2 months before. depending on his body type it might not be feasible as depending on the person the weight loss might slow down very quickly after the first 20, But I don't think it's impossible.

op, 10 pounds a month seems more feasible if you really wanna set a more realistic goal and get weight off.

Depends how much overweight he is. Super obese people can lose mad weight real quick.

EDIT: They'll lose mad weight quickly but the changes won't be noticeable because they still have a lot of weight to lose.

The toilet paper analogy is a good way to put weight loss into perspective. Long story short, at the beginning, you may lose like 10lbs - say 10 sheets of toilet paper. But those 10lbs aren't too noticeable, similar to when you first crack open a new roll of toilet paper.

But as you keep on going, those lbs become more and more noticeable the closer you get to your goal weight.

The 10lb difference from 200 - 190 will look more dramatic than from 270 - 260.

Last edited:

Crashwd5

Pro
Daps
Life time consistency > burning yourself out trying to burn 50 lbs in 3 months. This shyt should be a life long marathon not a sprint.

Only drink water(and milk, 1 serving max)

Stay away from fast food, candy, frozen processed foods, donuts/pastries, ice cream, fried foods, popcorn, and other bullshyt like that.

Dont pig out when you eat. Moderation is important

Eat complex carbs(real oatmeal, beans, sweet potatoe ect.). Especially for breakfast. Those bytches will keep you full for 5-6 hours

Eat veggies.

Do cardio. You dont have to go crazy. Keep it simple. Power walk on an inclined treadmill for 10-20 minutes. Use the stairmaster for 10-20 minutes. Do some sort of circuit involving bodyweight squats, push ups, jumping jacks, planks.

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
when you say eating window. do you mean you fast in the morning? I am looking to make changes.

I wake up at 7 AM to get ready for work but i eat my first meal at 1PM and last at 8-9PM. I only drink water outside of the eating hours. Tea and Coffee are also okay to drink i hear as long as they are Black.

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wake up at 7 AM to get ready for work but i eat my first meal at 1PM and last at 8-9PM. I only drink water outside of the eating hours. Tea and Coffee are also okay to drink i hear as long as they are Black.
Ok gotcha. Thanks I will try it out and see how it goes

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's my weight lost goal

Finding the right diet would be t by e only problem
Did you gain 50 pounds in 3 months? It's possible but whatever you do to lose that kind of weight that fast is going to be long term unsustainable and when you come off it you'll regain weight.

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you gain 50 pounds in 3 months? It's possible but whatever you do to lose that kind of weight that fast is going to be long term unsustainable and when you come off it you'll regain weight.
Naw. I'm just going to take yall advice and take it slow. It's a journey. I'm just focuse on losing 10 pounds. Then after that another 10

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Naw. I'm just going to take yall advice and take it slow. It's a journey. I'm just focuse on losing 10 pounds. Then after that another 10
Losing weight is pretty easy. The hard part is keeping it off long term. I wouldn't even suggest focusing directly on losing weight but instead focusing on creating a healthier lifestyle and making healthier choices. The weight at that point will resolve itself. Long term sustainability is 100% more important than losing weight. If whatever you did to lose weight isn't the kind of life you can see yourself living for the rest of your life then your body will regain when you come off it.