Is it not insane that Hogwarts is outselling Elden Ring with no media coverage??

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Man that want to be in permanent drag and their ilk big mad
giphy.gif

me : playing Hogwarts

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I feel like yall are missing what im saying, im saying the media’s influence on gaming is dwindling. Despite them actively protesting, trashing the game and refusing to do any real coverage on it, it’s prospering.

Its almost the exact opposite of the gate keeping we’ve been seeing in gaming over the last decade where they get to decide the outcome of a games success.
What? This game has like an 85 on metacritic, plenty of outlets are giving this game good reviews . You just hate trans people breh.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Harry Potter is huge with a certain age range. Those books got kids interested in reading and the movies were mostly good.

Other bigger IPs havent delivered like this. Star Wars KOTOR came close but those types of games weren't as accessible and mainstream back then. Avengers fumbled the bag completely going GaaS

It's more proof that epic single player (even though ER has online, its still focused on personal progression) games will sell and go viral too.

The "boycott" is just online noise and echo chamber shyt, it made no difference honestly and proves that the disconnect in online narrative versus reality

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
i swear if it wasn’t for people arguing about this game on twitter last week you wouldn’t even know it had come out. There is no media coverage on it at all, not that many reviews, no-non stop cheeky articles, fan art, etc.

Also a lot of people playing it don’t even want to openly talk about it because of how deranged people are acting over it on twitter. Yet, the game is currently outselling the one of the biggest games of the year from last year with no previous gen copies.

I’ve never seen a single player game just come out and completely crush buildings and have there be such silence regarding it, sales wise in the media. Very bizarre

Kid with the glasses big time in the media world even now

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I mean…it’s Harry Potter.

Ask a random person on the street if they know what Elden Ring is.

Then ask if they know about Harry Potter.

/thread

Plus, Elden Ring itself is not the type of game to draw in a huge demographic of non gamers. Folks underestimating the bytches brew that Potter makes in the trap house.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Wait till gamers find out where many of the materials in their electronics are sourced from. People full of shyt
I mean these insane mentally ill people outrage is on twitter.. the very same thing they complain about.. theirs no rhyme or reason to how they live, they just need to cry and complain about something. A true sickness.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like yall are missing what im saying, im saying the media’s influence on gaming is dwindling. Despite them actively protesting, trashing the game and refusing to do any real coverage on it, it’s prospering.

Its almost the exact opposite of the gate keeping we’ve been seeing in gaming over the last decade where they get to decide the outcome of a games success.

Yeah, if might be time for you to log off for a bitz breh. In YOUR bubble, this game is some sort of taboo.

In the real world, it got reviewed by just about every outlet they sent a review code to, and from what I understand, most reviews made the correct journalistic approach of addressing Rowling's fukkery as a matter of fact, but without basing the entire review around it.

To a lot of people, this game has been heavily advertised (because I've definitely seen a ton of commercials for it), and they're able to handle both not caring for Rowling if they're so inclined, AND being interested in the game because they like the source material. Only on certain parts of the internet is it an either/or thing breh, despite how hard you've been belaboring that point on here.