Is Half-Life the most successful series to be killed off for no good reason?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
For the type of gamer that plays lonely games like dota, they would agree with you. Half-Life was ported to consoles and in that realm the game flopped. Nobody gives a fukkin shyt about Half-Life for real for real. It was alright but average overall. Didn't age well.

So I understand in your gaming space that game was epic. In the console realm it was mediocre.
Half Life innovated the genre by making an FPS game that was more than "go around and shoot bad guys"

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Half Life innovated the genre by making an FPS game that was more than "go around and shoot bad guys"
That is a natural evolution tho, especially in a genre that is over saturated with titles. When it was relevant, I remember the attention it was receiving. My older brothers best friend would always rave about it. When I played it I wasn't as impressed because as a console gamer, I've played better.

No, I didn't play a better FPS on consoles at the time, but it did have adventure games that has you going around in a similar fashion but with better gameplay mechanics. This was my opinion at the time. I never had the chance to finish Half-Life 2, I thought it was cool. But it doesn't STICK OUT compared to all the other games I've played since then. How come there isn't a kickstarter for Half-Life 3 tho :mjpls:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Haven't all the main writers of the series left the company?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You know what's weird, like really weird. People who act like PC gaming is mainstream :francis:

You know how you grew up playing Nintendo, arcades/etc. Back then PC gaming was around and it is now. But GAMES in general are made for consoles. Halo, uncharted, Mario, universal appeal. When asked about the same level of titles in the pc space you'll name games like Half-Life. Then maybe you'll mention Dota again? Oregon trail? Some dating simulator that is only available in Korea but you mask your VPN so you can log in?

You also said something about 11yr olds? Kids play the DS, you'd know this if you had any (pc gamers usually don't for obvious reasons) so while you focus on a segment of the population you can't even really speak on, you also neglected to speak on all the non kids. You know, the cool ass adults who would more likely play Madden, 2k, battlefield. So real nikkaz. This website is a spinoff of support online hip-hop dot com, what brings you here.

PC GAMING IS NOT HIP-HOP :ufdup:

The type of games you act like are relevant never were on consoles. Just like how sports games don't sell well on PC. Y'all are built differently. If a war was going on and they said they needed soldiers, they needed MEN. The not gonna go to the computer lab to find them :francis:

You wanna go classic for classic :mjgrin: we can go there :mjgrin: it wont be nice in the end for your console argument though :mjgrin: its why they separate PC and console game of the year awards :mjgrin:

Funny enough if I pick 100 random console streamers theyll look :flabbynsick: if I picked 100 random PC users :salute:

PC users take better care of them selves, go to the gym, have money, have bytches, clean apartments/houses and most important clean beds, you know silicon valley shyt. Grown man shyt, no different than owning a ferrari of the gaming world :blessed:

console geeks be fat, drinking mountain dew all day and eating Doritos, thats why you weigh 300 lbs and are 5'6, while sit in an awkward position usually with no back support hunched over a couch or bed looking like a fukking goblin from lord of the rings. How you play on xbox live with all the racist kids for more than 10 minutes says a lot about you.

You ever look at a street fighter tournament :scust: 300 fat nerds got the whole hotel conference room looking like it smells like unwashed clothes, ass and must :scust: all that to win $50 or whatever is the console tournament high tournament purse this year :scust:

then you look at PC tournaments :wow: sponsored clothes, team jerseys, sponsored water - stay hydrated my friends :wow: in arenas world wide competitng for millions of dollars :wow:

what a time to be alive :wow:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
You wanna go classic for classic :mjgrin: we can go there :mjgrin: it wont be nice in the end for your console argument though :mjgrin: its why they separate PC and console game of the year awards :mjgrin:

Funny enough if I pick 100 random console streamers theyll look :flabbynsick: if I picked 100 random PC users :salute:

PC users take better care of them selves, go to the gym, have money, have bytches, clean apartments/houses and most important clean beds, you know silicon valley shyt. Grown man shyt, no different than owning a ferrari of the gaming world :blessed:

console geeks be fat, drinking mountain dew all day and eating Doritos, thats why you weigh 300 lbs and are 5'6, while sit in an awkward position usually with no back support hunched over a couch or bed looking like a fukking goblin from lord of the rings. How you play on xbox live with all the racist kids for more than 10 minutes says a lot about you.

You ever look at a street fighter tournament :scust: 300 fat nerds got the whole hotel conference room looking like it smells like unwashed clothes, ass and must :scust: all that to win $50 or whatever is the console tournament high tournament purse this year :scust:

then you look at PC tournaments :wow: sponsored clothes, team jerseys, sponsored water - stay hydrated my friends :wow: in arenas world wide competitng for millions of dollars :wow:

what a time to be alive :wow:
You started talking like you wanted to go classic for classic which is humorous since PC gaming was declared dead not that long ago :smugbiden:

The Notion that pc gamers are these fit athletes is hilarious. No bruh, most are obese, spend too much time on the games they enjoy, and as a result end up lacking in social skills within the real world :francis: A lot of them do have disposable income because jobs within the computer field often pay pretty good.

They still share that girl tho :youngsabo:

I'm not glorifying the deed, I'm simply stating it's the law of the land. Survival of the fittest, and the Realest most down to earth gamers reside on consoles. The PC gaming environment was never anything different than what I explained. If you this cool ass guy getting p*ssy galore, when do you have time for a pc? Don't take that out of context statement further out of context. I'm simply stating the dos equios guy never made a commercial in a computer lab...

A sellout type muh'fukka would probably gravitate to PC gaming :manny:
And probably has a Naruto collection :yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You started talking like you wanted to go classic for classic which is humorous since PC gaming was declared dead not that long ago
I see you woke up today and just started typing non sense like usual. Log out, and log back on when you are ready to make grown man posts

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I see you woke up today and just started typing non sense like usual. Log out, and log back on when you are ready to make grown man posts
You ducked all that ether :bryan:

Anyways, I didn't say it died. Pc gaming was a joke at best until the mid to late 90's. Time flies when you're having fun, so the golden era of hip-hop wasn't that long ago to me :manny: You talking like if pc gaming is leading the charge in gaming. All you're doing is dikk riding pc features like tournaments and streams

What the fukk does any of that have to do with actual games tho :wtf:
Your games are wack nikka, name 5 pc exclusives right now that console gamers are jelly about.

fukk it, name 3 :popcorn:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You ducked all that ether :bryan:

Anyways, I didn't say it died. Pc gaming was a joke at best until the mid to late 90's. Time flies when you're having fun, so the golden era of hip-hop wasn't that long ago to me :manny: You talking like if pc gaming is leading the charge in gaming. All you're doing is dikk riding pc features like tournaments and streams

What the fukk does any of that have to do with actual games tho :wtf:
Your games are wack nikka, name 5 pc exclusives right now that console gamers are jelly about.

fukk it, name 3 :popcorn:

we really discussing damn near 25 years ago :gucci: was that the last time consoles won :gucci: damn time flies :mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't know if Metroid was really that successful in Nintendo's eyes. It didn't do so hot in their home country. Maybe in the new age of gaming it can do better because console gaming in Japan has flat-lined.

The first 3 did fairly well in Japan. Super Metroid is an arguable greatest game ever and they didn't drop anything for a long time after. I'd say for that time there wasn't a good enough reason to leave it untouched. It was worth the wait in Prime personally. Love that game.

The only other franchise I'd rank up there with HL2 shenanigans is Shenmue, but we got that coming to an end hopefully.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Half-Life Episode 3 or 3 in general would sell like crazy but Valve isn't going to make it. Not because it wouldn't be successful but because they simply refuse to. It's a baffling situation. Normally a series flops its way into death. Half-Life did the opposite.

This is clearly a thing where the developer is afraid they can't live up to the hype of the fans and because they don't need to make it to keep the lights on they aren't going to.

ala Andre 3000 or Jay Electronica

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
It's crazy how HL3 has basically become this generations Duke Nukem Forever...

and its not like VALVE is 3d Realms status...

They got tons of money to bank roll the project but they're just scared of not living up to they hype failing to realize the longer you wait the more impossible it will be to release something that lives up to HL hype...

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gabe gives no shyts. He's just sitting on his millions (billions?)

uAj0p.png