Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Interesting convo I stumbled upon in the new Deathloop preview post

We can’t pretend this isn’t becoming a thing anymore

So you a Sony gamer is telling us how we game?

The trend is gamepass is popular and nobody can claim they'll wait because everything isn't guaranteed to hit gamepass. How long will they wait? Those gamers wouldn't buy that's title anyway but they'll try it on gamepass and if they like it? They might buy it when it leaves or they might buy the dlc. The dev gets paid this way and has 23 million chances to land other sadness that way and other ways.

You don't see this because you're busy lying about how this works...

Mandatory :francis:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You can’t deflect :mjlol:

Not sure what that has to do with you being a X-c00n

cf0d4a8852aac4593fab7d40e31da5ce.gif

126bpm-dancingatclub-ujTVMASREzuRbH6zy5
Better than being dusty. :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It means that the new game of the week, Biomutant, had to settle for second place. In terms of boxed sales, 71% was of the PS4 version, 28% for the Xbox One version and 1% for the PC version (of course, that make up will be very different once we get the digital data in).

screenshot2021-06-01ahukn4.png

Even with the no native 4k version for ps5 outrage the vast majority of copies of biomutant still sold on the PlayStation. This one makes a lot of sense because i personally saw people say they were gonna wait for gamepass after reviews

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It means that the new game of the week, Biomutant, had to settle for second place. In terms of boxed sales, 71% was of the PS4 version, 28% for the Xbox One version and 1% for the PC version (of course, that make up will be very different once we get the digital data in).

screenshot2021-06-01ahukn4.png

Even with the no native 4k version for ps5 outrage the vast majority of copies of biomutant still sold on the PlayStation. This one makes a lot of sense because i personally saw people say they were gonna wait for gamepass after reviews
Yeah nothing to do with the install base at all

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Interesting convo I stumbled upon in the new Deathloop preview post

We can’t pretend this isn’t becoming a thing anymore

U know what’s crazy. I actually had an argument with somebody speaking like this. I’m like I love Gamepass but to act like there’s something wrong with supporting these devs who give u these experiences with ur pockets is retarded. shyt is broke boy talk. Which is fine if u can’t afford shyt. But don’t act like it’s a problem to buy games to the people who can afford to.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
U know what’s crazy. I actually had an argument with somebody speaking like this. I’m like I love Gamepass but to act like there’s something wrong with supporting these devs who give u these experiences with ur pockets is retarded. shyt is broke boy talk. Which is fine if u can’t afford shyt. But don’t act like it’s a problem to buy games to the people who can afford to.

Yeah, they’re almost at that point where they’re shaming people for buying games like how people shame others for buying music

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When developers aren't financially incentivized to create unique narrative experiences
And all we get are a bunch of Fortnites
nikkas gon be pondering looking stupid, like huh how did we get here?

It’s why netflix ended up the way it is. Instead of getting shows on the level of hbo and disney plus, we get more reality tv, crime docs, and cheap sitcoms

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It’s why netflix ended up the way it is. Instead of getting shows on the level of hbo and disney plus, we get more reality tv, crime docs, and cheap sitcoms
how are those three services really that different?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
how are those three services really that different?

Budgets

HBO and Disney have been putting out far less original content with way bigger budgets

Netflix doesn’t ahve anything on the level of Lovecraft Country, Westworld, His Dark Materials, GoT, Watchmen, Raised by Wolves

Or....Mandalorian, Wandavision and the slew of other marvel and Star Wars shows coming out soon.

Netflix is trying to mimic cable tv with a flooding of content every week. The other two are making full length film quality television shows. This is what gamepass is going for not the latter of prestige titles

Last edited: