Daps
tenor.gif
they're all subscription services that put out original content :beli:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
When developers aren't financially incentivized to create unique narrative experiences
And all we get are a bunch of Fortnites
nikkas gon be pondering looking stupid, like huh how did we get here?

GP does the opposite actually :mjlol:
We probably wouldn't have Project Mara (Ninja Theory's new psychological game) or Grounded, if it wasn't for GP and MS allowing their devs to do what they want.

Hell, one of the most creative devs in Double Fine, were struggling to get funding for Psychonauts 2 before MS swooped in. If MS didn't swoop in, Double Fine may have went under especially if Psychonauts 2 didn't sell well. Because of GP, Tim Schaefer no longer has to worry about game sales, and can just create his games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We probably wouldn't have Project Mara (Ninja Theory's new psychological game) or Grounded, if it wasn't for GP and MS allowing their devs to do what they want.

Hell, one of the most creative devs in Double Fine, were struggling to get funding for Psychonauts 2 before MS swooped in. If MS didn't swoop in, Double Fine may have went under especially if Psychonauts 2 didn't sell well. Because of GP, Tim Schaefer no longer has to worry about game sales, and can just create his games.

Thanks to gamepass all these developers we bought can make multiple games.

How the fukk does any of this relate to gamepass? :laff:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:childplease:

Where?
Psychonauts 2, the sequel to Double Fine's highly-revered platformer, has reached the largest crowdfunding target goal for a video game ever. The Psychonauts sequel hit $3.3 million on January 6 with five days left in the campaign.

Psychonauts 2 stands in the top ten highest crowdfunded games of all time. Star Citizen holds the top spot with over $100 million funded.
Psychonauts 2 Reaches $3.3 Million Crowdfunding Goal

Microsoft acquires Psychonauts developer Double Fine
They got taken under by MSFT in 2019, 3 whole years later after their biggest crowdfunded game.

This seems to be some false narrative that they were skruggling to fund the game when their game was top 10 most funded games and reached success in funding it earlier than it's due date.

Cats be creating stories about MSFT saving devs who were struggling and couldn't pay their PSE&G bill and eating rations and shyt.

Sony stans :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This thread is trash. Let me shut it down...

Are game developers saying gamepass is bad for business? fukk the FANBOY NARRATIVES, the actual developers, what are they saying?

You do realize they wouldn't be silent about this if it were an issue, right?

/THREAD

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea. That’s how it’s supposed to be. But nikkas out here bragging about NOT buying games and not only that. shytting on people who buy games. shyt is weird.
Gaming as a service is going to shift user's behavior towards how music streaming behavior is. The vast majority will be fine not buying shyt if they still have access to it and it's convenient.

:wow:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Gaming as a service is going to shift user's behavior towards how music streaming behavior is. The vast majority will be fine not buying shyt if they still have access to it and it's convenient.

:wow:
Yup. And it’s gonna equal to more people not actually owning shyt. shyt sucks man. I been streaming music since before it was popular to do. Back when I had a damn Zune. And I still understand the value of owning media. These streaming services pull songs, albums, change versions of the music n shyt all the time and u have ZERO say in it. That’s why I make it a point to purchase any music I really love. Streaming is just for the convenience factor.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yup. And it’s gonna equal to more people not actually owning shyt. shyt sucks man. I been streaming music since before it was popular to do. Back when I had a damn Zune. And I still understand the value of owning media. These streaming services pull songs, albums, change versions of the music n shyt all the time and u have ZERO say in it. That’s why I make it a point to purchase any music I really love. Streaming is just for the convenience factor.

Yep, especially when artists lose the rights to their work and gotta re-record.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
So then buy what you want, how does this service stop you from owning anything :dahell:
Yep, especially when artists lose the rights to their work and gotta re-record.
Chicken Little the sky is not falling :stop:
Do you still buy physical PS1 games? No?
You stock piling all this old titles before they gone?

But now because gamepass is great you're like "What about the conservation of physical disc :damn:"

Again, feel free to buy any disc you like. The only question is are developers upset with this or do they love it? If it's the latter then you're full of shyt and you're so envious that you make up fanboy realities :martin:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So then buy what you want, how does this service stop you from owning anything :dahell:

Chicken Little the sky is not falling :stop:
Do you still buy physical PS1 games? No?
You stock piling all this old titles before they gone?

But now because gamepass is great you're like "What about the conservation of physical disc :damn:"

Again, feel free to buy any disc you like. The only question is are developers upset with this or do they love it? If it's the latter then you're full of shyt and you're so envious that you make up fanboy realities :martin:
Bruh I never said the service stops me from buying anything. I said I don’t like the thought process of some of the fans of the service. I love Gamepass. I have always advocated for it and I have been a constant subscriber since it’s inception. But there’s nothing wrong with buying games as well and I don’t like that some people are criticizing people who buy games.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Bruh I never said the service stops me from buying anything. I said I don’t like the thought process of some of the fans of the service. I love Gamepass. I have always advocated for it and I have been a constant subscriber since it’s inception. But there’s nothing wrong with buying games as well and I don’t like that some people are criticizing people who buy games.
Is that REALLY happening? Let's say MLB the show. We supposed to lol at Sony fanboys who for hyped up that garbage for years. And if a person isn't interested in a title it makes sense to say "I'll wait" because it'll either be cheaper soon or it'll be in gamepass. Cyberpunk is now $40 in stores, if/when it comes to gamepass (I'm guessing by E3) it will be huge :whew: lol at whoever paid and it didn't work right because they didn't have a series x or a good PC.

With all that said, I've bought more games this year than probably ever have before in a single years time :manny:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Are game developers saying gamepass is bad for business? fukk the FANBOY NARRATIVES, the actual developers, what are they saying?

/THREAD

Your name don’t ring out like that anymore…..

you have no authority brother

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

/THREAD
For most developers gamepass is a win win. No risk of failure if Microsoft foots the bill to have the game on gamepass, and everything else is extra for them.