Is Chrono Trigger the greatest JRPG ever?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yes easily,

It still has done things better games till this day. When you realize the raw talent behind that game you can kinda understand why. It was basically a all star squad of the best of the best that worked on it before they even blew up like they are known for now.

The game had everything you could ask for, plus a great story. Events they can't even pull off well in current games and multiple endings plus a new game +

It wasn't overly convoluted either.

Spoiler alert for those that never played it.

But beating the game and going to new game plus and being able to fight lavos and various different times all resulting in different ends. Amazing your main character dying and you being able to finish the game without him, so many gems.

There are 2 games that are truly 10/10 works of art masterpieces.

Chrono trigger and metal gear on playstation 1

I also think it was one of the first games to have a new game plus

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got Legend of the Dragoon and Secret of Mana

:wow:
Secret of Mana and evermore hold a special place with me.

I spent hours playing SOM with my sister back in the day.

Legend of dragoon had me hooked and I remember loving it, but I'd be lying if I said I could remember anything at all about it.

I'd love to get a remake and then a sequel

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, playing a JRPG without random encounters back then was some truly next level shyt. Also the reason I loved earthbound but the fact that chrono didn’t have seperate battle screeens:wow:
Right, it was the 1st game with seamless non random turn base battles that I can recall. Plus it had the improved ATB... Team and triple attacks and team moves specific to certain characters in battle.

:banderas:

So good

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
It's definitely top 5. So much JRPG heat in those days.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I unfortunately never played this when I was young so I only really played this a few years ago through an emulator. I lost my save file and never got back to it.