Is Chrono Trigger the greatest JRPG ever?

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Now this is the type of game id want arc system to work on.

Give me that Dragon ball fighters/ guilty Gear art work in a 2d/3d Chrono trigger looking game with ff7RE combat and whatever team did ff7RE music and I'm on board. (With the option for simple old school ATB)

The only problem is Chrono trigger is as close to perfect as a game gets. A remake of it would have be just straight up graphical improvements, combat and music and making it available to a current gen.

Ff7 a remake made since because the game ages really bad... But 2d graphics are basically timeless

I guess they could go the same route as FF7RE and have it different but similar. Probably would make even more since to do it that way story wise with Chrono triggers theme.

Idk, I almost say it's one game that you just tuck away and never touch.

Remake Chrono cross and clean that up, do another sequel but CT might be that game you put in the trophy case and leave on display

i been saying that for years, that chrono trigger’s problem is that its too good to remake

even the art direction would probably lose some of its charm if they made it 3d, all the current graphics are still real crisp looking and well drawn

maybe update the combat like you said but outside that it really is an almost perfect piece of work

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Now this is the type of game id want arc system to work on.

Give me that Dragon ball fighters/ guilty Gear art work in a 2d/3d Chrono trigger looking game with ff7RE combat and whatever team did ff7RE music and I'm on board. (With the option for simple old school ATB)

The only problem is Chrono trigger is as close to perfect as a game gets. A remake of it would have be just straight up graphical improvements, combat and music and making it available to a current gen.

Ff7 a remake made since because the game ages really bad... But 2d graphics are basically timeless

I guess they could go the same route as FF7RE and have it different but similar. Probably would make even more since to do it that way story wise with Chrono triggers theme.

Idk, I almost say it's one game that you just tuck away and never touch.

Remake Chrono cross and clean that up, do another sequel but CT might be that game you put in the trophy case and leave on display

I’d be cool with a chrono cross graphical remake since it aged ugly as fukk on PSX low poly rendered background look. Chrono trigger won’t translate well into 3d unless they do it like you said, by getting Arcsys to do it and even then we can’t trust the story and gameplay would be done any justice.

I’m cool with graphical overhauls only for both games, i don’t need full remakes. Give it the Anime version of Demon’s Souls treatment and I’m happy.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think if Xenogears was able to be fully finished it would have given it a run for its money but....

ctbox_back.jpg

48539.jpg

the holy grail :wow:

Technically probably but my personal favorite is probably Lunar Silver Star Story Complete. Either that or Xenosaga Episode III. Not saying either is a better game than Chrono Trigger but I enjoyed them more.

Chrono Trigger truly was lightning in a bottle. Part of the reason I say modern Square will always struggle to relate to who they were is because most of the people involved with games like Chrono Trigger aren’t even with the company anymore. Toriyama and Kitase run shyt now.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Yep. Story wasn’t too complex, gameplay was iconic. Art direction, music.

The shyt is a masterpiece.

It deserves a modern remake since a sequel is impossible.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yep. Story wasn’t too complex, gameplay was iconic. Art direction, music.

The shyt is a masterpiece.

It deserves a modern remake since a sequel is impossible.

And you know how incredibly hard it is to make a time travel story thats actually coherent and easy to understand, even by children?

Hollywood still can’t do it