Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean I like interrupting debates which is effective, I'm just disappointed about the issues they choose to protest for.

Highest unemployment, shytty schools, gentrification, reparations, housing discrimination, predatory lending, post secondary education cost.......so many things Blacks could force an issue on and we choose this.
I agree. This is who they put their faith in.

patrisse-1.gif

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I mean I like interrupting debates which is effective, I'm just disappointed about the issues they choose to protest for.

Highest unemployment, shytty schools, gentrification, reparations, housing discrimination, predatory lending, post secondary education cost.......so many things Blacks could force an issue on and we choose this.

shyt really is just to use the anger our people have... then proceed to direct and dissipate it :snoop:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the problem with any movement is there are usually hundreds of different sub factions united under a somewhat loose banner, some people have completely different end goals with BLM, I do think it is an encouraging goal that people are continuing to actively protest even if the agenda can be all over the place, social movements are often a very very long process in getting organized into coherent, I mean winless football teams don't usually win the title in their league next season :heh:, black activism was fairly low intensity for the good part of a few decades and needs time to continue to reorganize some of the responses in here seem quite self defeating.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
the problem with any movement is there are usually hundreds of different sub factions united under a somewhat loose banner, some people have completely different end goals with BLM, I do think it is an encouraging goal that people are continuing to actively protest even if the agenda can be all over the place, social movements are often a very very long process in getting organized into coherent, I mean winless football teams don't usually win the title in their league next season :heh:, black activism was fairly low intensity for the good part of a few decades and needs time to continue to reorganize some of the responses in here seem quite self defeating.

And what of the funding by Soros or Steinem?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And what of the funding by Soros or Steinem?

so called activist political organizations take funding from shady folks all the time, most are too broke too turn down money all that often :yeshrug: plus half y'all won't give money to help them out anyway forcing many to turn to folks y'all don't like in the first place

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
so called activist political organizations take funding from shady folks all the time, most are too broke too turn down money all that often :yeshrug: plus half y'all won't give money to help them out anyway forcing many to turn to folks y'all don't like in the first place

You assume I trust any of these "political organizations"

You are defending BLM so why should I sympathize with them?

And where are they leading the Black political voice?

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Sadly some people think what they're doing is pro-black, they have not once talked about economics or the private prison systems.

But I realize they attack those who talk about those issue tho.:sas2:

But others got to put BLM in they're place when they get out of line, I only see Tariq challenge them.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You assume I trust any of these "political organizations"

You are defending BLM so why should I sympathize with them?

And where are they leading the Black political voice?
not sure where you are getting me defending them (I think they are a bit too nearsighted at times myself and need to expand their scope) however movements like them are an important part of the process in re-starting black activism (and they are only one part of the equation) many of the responses sound like typical coli paranoia and poor understanding of the political machine :yeshrug: