Is atheism cac shyt?

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I believe that’s on them individuals, religion is going stop anybody from getting an education or doing good in this world
But it does. Think of all the people who stay at home and pray for their problems to go away instead of taking action and handling shyt.

Listen, I've seen it with my own two eyes when I was a minister. Religion got black people down BAD on the south. It may not be like this on other liberal cities throughout the country, but down here, it's a fukking disease.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
They didn't depend on a 'fictional deity' to organize themselves and gain Civil Rights.

:popcorn:
That had nothing to do with religion and I'm tired of ignorant, non reading nikkas spewing that non sense. The church was not the foundation of the Civil Rights movement. It was simply a part of it. Black people would've followed/stood with anybody who could mobilize and organize at the level of MLK. All we needed was unity and a plan and MLK provided that.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
But it does. Think of all the people who stay at home and pray for their problems to go away instead of taking action and handling shyt.

Listen, I've seen it with my own two eyes when I was a minister. Religion got black people down BAD on the south. It may not be like this on other liberal cities throughout the country, but down here, it's a fukking disease.
Is it religion making them like that or is that just their personalities

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Is it religion making them like that or is that just their personalities
It most certainly is the religion that teaches negros to be docile, overly accepting and inactive in face of their problems. That "turn the other cheek" mentality has been detrimental to the development of generations of black people.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It most certainly is the religion that teaches negros to be docile, overly accepting and inactive in face of their problems. That "turn the other cheek" mentality has been detrimental to the development of generations of black people.
I would argue the government sabotaging us done more damage not religion
Any so called damage from religion is just a side effect of racism

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
I like to tell myself that I believe in whatever is the TRUTH…plain and simple..I have faith in Christianity but if that is wrong It really isn’t my fault for trying and being lied to my whole life :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
That had nothing to do with religion and I'm tired of ignorant, non reading nikkas spewing that non sense. The church was not the foundation of the Civil Rights movement.
If it had 'nothing to do with religion', then anyone could have done it. Yet, 'believers' did it, as they'd been doing since their 'faith' was established.

And the Church was, indeed, the foundation of the Movement as it's values were central.....

“Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.”

~Karl Marx.
The role of Black Christianity in motivating our country’s largest slave rebellion, Nat Turner’s rebellion, Southampton County, Va., is only the most dramatic example of the text of the King James Bible being called upon to justify the violent revolutionary overthrow of the slave regime. But we need only look at the brilliant use of the church in all of its forms — from W. E. B. Du Bois’s triptych of “the Preacher, the Music, and the Frenzy” to the use of the building itself — to see the revolutionary potential and practice of Black Christianity in forging social change. What most intrigues me about Marx’s full quote is his realization that it is at once “the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering,” a crucial part of the quote that seems to have fallen away.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
If it had 'nothing to do with religion', then anyone could have done it. Yet, 'believers' did it, as they'd been doing since their 'faith' was established.

And the Church was, indeed, the foundation of the Movement as it's values were central.....

“Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.”

~Karl Marx.
Everyone who followed MLK was most certainly not a believer.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss

~Karl Marx.
The role of Black Christianity in motivating our country’s largest slave rebellion, Nat Turner’s rebellion, Southampton County, Va., is only the most dramatic example of the text of the King James Bible being called upon to justify the violent revolutionary overthrow of the slave regime. But we need only look at the brilliant use of the church in all of its forms — from W. E. B. Du Bois’s triptych of “the Preacher, the Music, and the Frenzy” to the use of the building itself — to see the revolutionary potential and practice of Black Christianity in forging social change. What most intrigues me about Marx’s full quote is his realization that it is at once “the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering,” a crucial part of the quote that seems to have fallen away.
I see what you're saying my guy and I respectfully disagree. If more black people were Atheist, we as a people woild be better off. My experiences in the church and as a leader in the church for 9 years have shaped and solidified that opinion.

The Civil Rights discussion, well we just have differing opinions on what was the true catalyst of it all.