Is atheism cac shyt?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Vast majority (99%) of Black churchgoers haven't been 'duped' or 'touched', so that means nothing.

You're just like them in those regards...... AND percentages.

:popcorn:

You can't just pull a random number out your ass especially 99% and say it doesn't happen :rudy:
Bruh its a reason why there are running jokes in the black community about the building fund,about pastors pulling up in benzs and other fancy shyt, fukkin members of the congregation. But I guess that's all based on nothing huh? And these are the people who god "chooses" to deliver his word :heh:

Give up you'll never win this argument

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
That had nothing to do with religion and I'm tired of ignorant, non reading nikkas spewing that non sense. The church was not the foundation of the Civil Rights movement. It was simply a part of it. Black people would've followed/stood with anybody who could mobilize and organize at the level of MLK. All we needed was unity and a plan and MLK provided that.

Right. Panthers weren't rocking with any type of religion and were getting mad shyt done. Didn't need to follow "gods word" to lead them. They saw what was needed and formed a plan and had people followed.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Back in the day it was the white boys that were atheists. Once the internet came, it started spreading throughout the black community.
james baldwin was an atheist :stopitslime:

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Freethinkers-American-Secularism-Insurgencies/dp/0810140780

book link

Last edited:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Right. Panthers weren't rocking with any type of religion and were getting mad shyt done. Didn't need to follow "gods word" to lead them. They saw what was needed and formed a plan and had people followed.
I was gonna mention that. The 70s black panthers were the antithesis to the MLK Civil rights movement and they were such a threat that the government actively sought to assassinate them. Word to my brother Fred Hampton. Any black leaders with organizational skills, bravery, charisma and education would've atrracted the black attention.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
And Martin Luther King, Jr., got you the right to vote, go to any school, work at any job, live in any neighborhood, eat in any restaurant, use any restroom, etc.

I guess in comparison, handing out free food and providing social programs = 'getting mad shyt done' moreso than the Civil Rights Movement.​

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Back in the day it was the white boys that were atheists. Once the internet came, it started spreading throughout the black community.

It could be a mixture of the internet allowing people to do more of their own independent studies and them being more comfortable voicing what they already believed,

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
And Martin Luther King, Jr., got you the right to vote, go to any school, work at any job, live in any neighborhood, eat in any restaurant, use any restroom, etc.

I guess in comparison, handing out free food and providing social programs = 'getting mad shyt done' moreso than the Civil Rights Movement.​
You speak as if I value any of those things. I disagree with integration and believe the civil rights movement lost its true cause somewhere along the way. Instead of fighting for human rights, the conversation shifted somewhere to fighting for comraderie with and acceptance from white society.

I'm more of a Malcolm X guy.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
what do you think is actually getting worse?:jbhmm:
Yeah, I'm wondering because the most secular countries are doing better in every metric that matters for overall well-being vs. the least secular countries.

Also, atheists are pretty rare, so at this point I would need people to start defining terms.