Is A Philosophy Degree worthless?

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You gotta do what makes you happy at the end of the day. one of my homeboys switched from computer science to psychology. his peoples was like:ufdup:
but now he networking and doing paid internships his sophmore year.

I study music education. On the flipside, I make beats for local artists, run a community marching band that i started, teach a drumming class at a cultural art center, and instruct high school drumlines. so im :eat:

its all in how you network and plan to use that degree

:whoo:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
one of my friends uncle has a philosophy degree with soc minor.......but he ends doing something in computers for the past 15 years

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I have one last semester to change my major from computer information systems to philosophy :smoker:

all the ppl in computer major seem nothing like me or my personality...and i dont like it.

but it will have a job for sure and money

idk what job to get once i get a philosophy, but it will b better than no degree

edit:
the average mid career salary of a philosophy major is 81,000...higher than accounting majors

http://www.payscale.com/2008-best-colleges/degrees.asp

Jesus, you are one month away from making the worst mistake of your life :snoop:

Oh and btw, everyone in IT is not a dikk...

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. It's only as useless as you make it. Go get an internship somewhere, and any good philosophy major should be able to learn programming...as long as you didn't shyt on linear algebra and calculus and even then its learnable at a high school level which is good enough for a good job. Get off your ass and you'll be fine.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College is a business and you have to look at it as such. You can read about philosophy on your own if you truly enjoy it that much. There is nothing worse than majoring in something you can't do shyt with. It's a waste of time and money. Get something that can get you a job. Ignore stories about this dude got a degree in philosophy 20 years ago blah blah blah it's a different era nikka.

Forget about what you like. Forget about what you enjoy. Look at it as a business nikka.