Is A Philosophy Degree worthless?

Daps
Thread starter just had his dreams shattered in 14 posts.

Do what you feel is right for you, there must have been a good reason for you to think philosophy is a good option for you?

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
It's not worthless on the global scene. :manny:

U can teach English overseas w/o an issue. All they seem to wanna see is a degree in most countries...

Here in the States tho, :ufdup:

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
take it from a fellow insane person,study it on your own,if you gonna waste guap on college make sure you get something from your return

self teach yourself philosophy,imo its one of the easiest subjects to follow on a timeline,you'll learn far more and feel a greater sense of accomplishment from actually doing it for self

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread starter just had his dreams shattered in 14 posts.

Do what you feel is right for you, there must have been a good reason for you to think philosophy is a good option for you?

seems like the only subject to my personalty n i wud enjoy learning

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
im getting a double major in philosophy, but my main major is business information technology. pretty much did philosophy only cuz i enjoyed it so much

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is probably the most useless degree, so yes, it is worthless.

UNLESS

You plan on going to law school afterwards and you are determined to become a lawyer.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Didnt know there was such thing to begin with :laff:

I'd love to see what the curriculum is like

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hmmm..im starting to think the 81,000 mid career salary statistic is a lie ...thats prolly only for a the minority of philosophy majors

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know this Polish couple who are philosophy majors and teach philosophy for a living and they're :eat: good for what it's worth. The husband is smart as fukk though so maybe they have something on the side.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Breh, major in what you want to major in. Philosophy degree>>>>> most degrees in terms of a "purely" academic pursuit. I mean, I had to come up with an original piece of philosophy that argued that pleasure wasn't the only thing of intrinsic worth. I don't like Nozick's argument, and philosophically pleasure is such a broad term; my face when I got a 95 on that paper was :wow:. I would advise you to have a contingency plan, though. For instance, I'm a double major in philosophy and sociology, but I'm going to be a medical doctor. It's a great major, don't let anyone tell you differently.

playplayaj

Drumming genius
Daps
Reppin
757 VA
You gotta do what makes you happy at the end of the day. one of my homeboys switched from computer science to psychology. his peoples was like:ufdup:
but now he networking and doing paid internships his sophmore year.

I study music education. On the flipside, I make beats for local artists, run a community marching band that i started, teach a drumming class at a cultural art center, and instruct high school drumlines. so im :eat:

its all in how you network and plan to use that degree

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate those payscale survey statistics, its a fukking survey study, it obviously as a responder skew.