Is A Philosophy Degree worthless?

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have one last semester to change my major from computer information systems to philosophy :smoker:

all the ppl in computer major seem nothing like me or my personality...and i dont like it.

but it will have a job for sure and money

idk what job to get once i get a philosophy, but it will b better than no degree

edit:
the average mid career salary of a philosophy major is 81,000...higher than accounting majors

http://www.payscale.com/2008-best-colleges/degrees.asp

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
my dad has a philosophy degree and it has made him $0 throughout his life.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have one last semester to change my major from computer information systems to philosophy :smoker:

all the ppl in computer major seem nothing like me or my personality...and i dont like it.

idk what job to get once i get a philosophy, but it will b better than no degree

It won't.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
If you just get a philosophy degree on it's own, the only thing it real really be useful is becoming a philosophy teacher. If you want to read philosophy, which is a nice pursuit, read it in your own time.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

If if it's not from an elite school then no. That's just facts. Unless you've interned and done incredible networking. Otherwise, philosophy majors perform better than most on standardized tests and you would be set up nicely for the future.

HummerCrusher

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of my exes had one. She never did anything with it. When I asked her why, she said it's a useless degree, unless you want to teach it.

I don't know, I'd rather have that option than not.