Is a man wearing a durag in public the same as a woman wearing a bonnet?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
What men do and what women do aren't supposed to be compared.

Nobody should ever look like crap or like they just woke up in public. But no matter what men do ... Women should always have etiquette and certain respect for themselves when it comes to their appearance.
But I know that's a foreign concept to a lot of y'all.
Your bytches smoke and drink like nikkaz.
Eat trash, fart and burp in your face.
And take one shower a day or every other day.

I see chix wearing socks and slides. I want to throw up.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I used to favor the piece of stocking cut and tied into a knot on one end. Got that from my cousins in the midwest

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Rocking a du-rag in the gym...no difference than a skull cap

No, because you just got done working out. You didn’t get ready for the day, and put a durag on, or leave it on.

I wear mine under my hats to work or a function to keep my hair on point. Comes off when I get to the location
You gotta let them waves cook for as long as possible :ohlawd: take it off at the last possible moment

IMG-9331.gif

IMG-9327.gif

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I mean yeah but bonnets just look bad. They are one of the most unflattering things black women wear as they carry heft and make women who wear them look fat.

At least durags are formfitting and thus easier to integrate into dailywear

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Nikkas wear durags in their cubicles it’s acceptable cause they are men. Women just look dusty/tacky wear a bonnets idc care if they are black or white it’s tacky doing it in public.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I really don't care what people think about it. I adopted the practice of wearing something on my head during meditation and since getting braids and subsequently locs I find myself wearing it more often. No I don't want to wear a turban so if wearing a du-rag is tacky so be it

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Durags and be worn outside IF

no long cape flapping, roll and tuck that shyt
Tie ribbons gotta be flat and inconspicuous so that it doesnt leave an impression on your forehead when you take it off

If the fit you wearing allows for a durag, go for that shyt

but dont be out here wearing your shyt like some swaggerless trustfund cac trying to fit in.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Bonnets are not sleepwear. They were invented just to be hats. black folks adopted them for use as sleepwear.
People weren't rocking these to bed back in the day. They specifically wore them outside

330px-Old_woman_in_sunbonnet_by_Doris_Ulmann.jpg

330px-Magasin_f%C3%B6r_konst%2C_nyheter_och_moder_1838%2C_illustration_nr_24.jpg

bonnets are simply the female term for Hat, which originally was spefically a male term. before it became universal
d. They were worn both indoors and outdoors, to keep the hair tidy, to keep dust or flour out of the hair while working
And the bonnets that Black women are wearing in public don’t look like that!⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ :laff:

They look like shower caps lol

Just because they have the same name doesn’t mean they are the same thing.

The bonnets we wear don’t look like something you tie around your neck before you hop into a carriage :wtf:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I really don't care what people think about it. I adopted the practice of wearing something on my head during meditation and since getting braids and subsequently locs I find myself wearing it more often. No I don't want to wear a turban so if wearing a du-rag is tacky so be it
I thought about doing the turbans, even the shyts with the frilly tassle

but for some I cant bring myself to do it.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol: only if you got the flap hanging, you gotta be a different type of dude to rock it like dat in any era.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Thread instantly reminded me of 50 and Jay Z wearing durags in public years ago, can't recall a female celebrity ever wearing a bonnet in public.
I'm sure that Sexy Redd or Cardi B has done it before.

Edit: But truth be told, there's nothing better than a thick, light-skinned joint in a bonnet:wow:.

Something about the bonnet makes me want to tell her to drop them drawls and give me 50:mjgrin:

Last edited:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
It’s obviously low class behavior to wear a durag in public, but it’s not as bad as wearing a bonnet. Who wears a durag in public in 2024 though? I don’t think it’s a common trend anymore