Is a man wearing a durag in public the same as a woman wearing a bonnet?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
shyt is the worse, I even cringe at teens when I see them wearing it, teenage boys and girls smh.

30-40 year old men and women wearing that shyt outside in public smh. Interesting world we live in

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
It looks tacky

Don’t wear that shyt outside the house

Lebron really trying to change that narrative

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Wearing a bonnet outside is literally like wearing a shower cap outside. There is no reason for it. Just put on a hat or a cute wrap.

Hell, last time I took my braids down I wrapped my hair like Badu and ran some errands before getting my hair done. It was cute.
No reason to be bothered by it either, Don't affect anybody but the person wearing it.
I've seen businesses literally turn away money over this. Dumb af and childish.
just write them off as someone dusty and move on.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
No reason to be bothered by it either, Don't affect anybody but the person wearing it.
i think clogs are tacky and tasteless too, but i don't go around getting upset when people wear them
Clogs are ugly ass shoes made to be worn OUTSIDE.

Bonnets are worn with SLEEPWEAR. Pajamas, lingerie, sweats, robes, slippers= IN THE HOME.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
wrestler-durag-vince-mcmahon-walk-proudly-loaw4yzeay9nmjxx.gif

Daps
Reppin
Miami
just write them off as someone dusty and move on.
He/she/it you’re responding to has an inferiority complex from coming from a family full of c00ns, an absentee father, and a mentally ill mother so she picks on a certain subset of black people to compensate. I wouldn’t take whatever it is behind that screen seriously until they seek therapy. It’s supposedly an attractive woman, but has no man and from their posts number, they are habitually online.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Clogs are ugly ass shoes made to be worn OUTSIDE.

Bonnets are worn with SLEEPWEAR. Pajamas, lingerie, sweats, robes, slippers= IN THE HOME.
Bonnets are not sleepwear. They were invented just to be hats. black folks adopted them for use as sleepwear.
People weren't rocking these to bed back in the day. They specifically wore them outside

330px-Old_woman_in_sunbonnet_by_Doris_Ulmann.jpg

330px-Magasin_f%C3%B6r_konst%2C_nyheter_och_moder_1838%2C_illustration_nr_24.jpg

bonnets are simply the female term for Hat, which originally was spefically a male term. before it became universal
d. They were worn both indoors and outdoors, to keep the hair tidy, to keep dust or flour out of the hair while working

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I rock a du rag fresh out the shower to lay my hair down & to bed

Not goin outside lookin like a tacky cliche stereotype. I can’t stand bonnets , plus my lining mighty healthy ain’t nothin to hide