“IRONHEART” has been taken off of Marvel Studios calendar. (The series featuring Black actress Dominique Thorne completed filming prior to the strike)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I can't see them completely scrapping this show given that it's supposed to tie into other shyt but there's so much convoluted bullshyt out there in the MCU now that none of it really adds up.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
:ld: I can't think of an active character worthy of a game right now.

Edit - You meant pivot to video games. :ohhh:
What?
Ironman, Deadpool, the F4, the Xmen, hell imagine an open world Ghost Rider game (by a good developer) where you ride around in hell.

I know Marvel is probably scared becase of The Avengers and GOTG(which was an excellent game) bombs but they have no one but themseleves to blame for trying and getting into the GAAS bullshyt, DC is about to learn that same lesson too with Bomb Squad.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think yall making a leap with this though. Them was 2 dudes whose only work was Bad Boys 4 Life and Ms. Marvel.

Ironheart is a Ryan Coogler produced show. So I dont think Feige/Iger are gonna sever that relationship by completely scrapping that show. Especially since this show was giving wider MCU connections like Memphisto. Also he's been rumored as one of the potential directors for Secret Wars.

Now he did just produce and let some rather novice directors direct the episodes. So if was trash trash then maybe. But I dont see him hiring people that would fukk up that bad :lupe:
Bad boys 4 and Ms marvel were fun

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Her backstory was going to be saved for her solo project. Similar to Spider-Man before Homecoming.
I understand that but im not a fan of this model. You dont underdevelop characters then save the real thing for more paywalled “downloadable content”. Its a lazy cash grab for a Disney+ subscription.

Plus spiderman had 5 films made and several cartoons/tv shows, his backstory was already known to much of the audience.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They released inhumans in Imax. Marvel ain’t wasting money. They’ll put it out eventually
They're cutting down because they been wasting so much money breh:mjlol:

Have you not see all the purging Disney has been doing? Removing and cancelling shows and movies? The way they gutted ESPN? That Star Wars park they just closed down?

All they've been doing is wasting money

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that but im not a fan of this model. You dont underdevelop characters then save the real thing for more paywalled “downloadable content”. Its a lazy cash grab for a Disney+ subscription.

Plus spiderman had 5 films made and several cartoons/tv shows, his backstory was already known to much of the audience.
Not only that but her introduction was already bad storytelling

She was shoe horned into a movie plot and force fed to the audience as "She's so much more amazing than Tony Stark" because of Disney's obsession with destroying popular male characters

She was snakebitten from the beginning. And not just because she's black

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

That was always the problem with the Disney+ model and them relegating shows there instead of theaters, but people were too busy drinking the Marvel kool-aid at the time to see it.

It's exactly why the Multi-verse plan was doomed to fail from the start.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They’re waiting WAY too long to introduce the Fantastic Four.

Looking back, the way that they
Killed off Reed Richards
In Multiverse of Madness was a huge red flag.

Reed Richards would be the perfect character to introduce in order to bring the Fantastic Four together and introduce Doom. Reed has ties to the Avengers and is the go-to guy whenever other heroes don’t know how to solve a problem in the comics. On top of that, his arch nemesis is one of the most active and impactful villains in comics.

Reed Richards is the smartest character in the Marvel Universe and could have been used more so that the audience would have a character that can explain the whole multiverse concept in a way that makes sense. If you want your story to keep an audience, that story has to have rules. Reed Richards could have explained the rules in a way the audience would understand, keeping them invested.

Through Reed, they could have eventually built up to introducing the Silver Surfer and Galactus across several movies, and even set things up for Secret Wars.

Reed Richards is a linchpin character whose actions affect the entire Marvel Universe, much like Tony Stark in phases 1-3 of the movies. Ignoring linchpin characters like the Fantastic Four to do movies/shows about Agatha Harkness and Echo instead is not a wise move on Disney’s part.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
What kills me with Disney is they bypass established black characters with fleshed out backstories from the comics for white ones then want to double back and promote newer black characters no one cares about like Ironheart.

asm_annual_16_intro.jpg

In the comics Monica Rambeau was Captain Marvel before the Captain Marvel we got in Avengers Endgame (who was originally Ms. Marvel in the comics) AND she was an Avenger (I think even the leader at one point). And yeah I know they got Monica Rambeau in the new movie but she should've been front and center where Brie Larson was, not an afterthought.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kills me with Disney is they bypass established black characters with fleshed out backstories from the comics for white ones then want to double back and promote newer black characters no one cares about like Ironheart.

asm_annual_16_intro.jpg

In the comics Monica Rambeau was Captain Marvel before the Captain Marvel we got in Avengers Endgame (who was originally Ms. Marvel in the comics) AND she was an Avenger (I think even the leader at one point). And yeah I know they got Monica Rambeau in the new movie but she should've been front and center where Brie Larson was, not an afterthought.

Well-put. Monica Rambeau was on the front lines during some of the most iconic stories in the books (like in Secret Wars).
Jim Rhodes also had a great run as Iron Man, and he was active in the role around the same time.

Marvel-Secret-Wars-the-Heroes.jpg

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
She was used as a plot device more so than as a character

For as much people hate on she hulk they did a great job introducing daredevil in and his chemistry with she hulk was some of the best of this saga
tbh I even forgot Matt fukked She-Hulk. Ain’t like their chemistry was bad, just the show was so bad (and only a limited series) that there’s nothing to care about when the show finished

But I did like them making him more agile and adding bits of CGI. Something Netflix was constrained from doing with smaller sets