“IRONHEART” has been taken off of Marvel Studios calendar. (The series featuring Black actress Dominique Thorne completed filming prior to the strike)

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Fantastic four is probably gonna suck, because the characters themselves aren't that good. Reed Richards is like the most intelligent humanoid in all of comics in history, but at the end of the day, he's plasticman with a PhD. Johnny the human torch has a more inconsistent identity in comics than his lover ice man, and the thing is struggle hulk.

A good writer can do good things in comics with them because you don't need to tell their farkakte old tyme "gamma waves" origin, but I can't see it working in this era of comic movies.

Personally, i think they're the most overrated IP in all of comics.
the fantastic four (and superman for that matter but thats another story) only work if you:

1. embrace the fact that they are an antiquated concept along with

2. embrace the idea of them as "Imaginauts" the term Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo coined for their run on the book (one of the GOAT runs btw) to describe the FF as the great explorers of the Marvel Universe and their focus should be seeing the great wonders of existence

My quick pitch for a FF film is taken from the Sentry but.. have them be a team of Super Hero explorers who come home to a Earth that they never existed on. Maybe it was the snap that did it, maybe it was kang, maybe it was the Scarlet Witch or maybe it was something else entirely. But before they even have time to figure that out, they must think fast...because Gah-Lak-Tus is coming.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
the fantastic four (and superman for that matter but thats another story) only work if you:

1. embrace the fact that they are an antiquated concept along with

2. embrace the idea of them as "Imaginauts" the term Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo coined for their run on the book (one of the GOAT runs btw) to describe the FF as the great explorers of the Marvel Universe and their focus should be seeing the great wonders of existence

My quick pitch for a FF film is taken from the Sentry but.. have them be a team of Super Hero explorers who come home to a Earth that they never existed on. Maybe it was the snap that did it, maybe it was kang, maybe it was the Scarlet Witch or maybe it was something else entirely. But before they even have time to figure that out, they must think fast...because Gah-Lak-Tus is coming.
Honestly FF as a big budget series probably works better after a first movie, for that reason. Like on some Star Trek shyt

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'll say it, Guardians of the Galaxy Ruined the MCU.

It got marvel feeling themselves in two distinctly terrible ways.

1) made them think anybody in marvel comics can have a hit franchise. not true. and before yall say it, Iron man was not some d list character. he was an avenger and the avengers team was always a list and they hint from the very first iron man movie about a potential avengers teamup which created incredible hype.

Guardians worked but they literally the only nobody characters that did. it was a fluke, not a blueprint. nobody wants these c list character solo series and movies.

2) made them think humor was the best approach. (wrong again) humor works with certain characters and ruins others. Ask people about their favorite super hero movies and they might list a couple full on comedies but most of the films they list take themselves more seriously. people prefer ed norton hulk to she hulk. and most people agree mark ruffalo hulk was ruined and trash.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I seriously think that the problem is

Avengers story ended with Endgame.

That's how I have felt. So what Mysterio pops up. So what Black Widow has a sister. So what they tried to make an evil Cap.

We already saved the Universe from Thanos. That was the story. And it ended.

They should have found a way to pick up with X Men ASAP and start all over. Small movie to start. Multiple threads in multiple franchises. Leading to one huge event.

Ironheart could have worked if like she had been popping up in IM series and she had trained under Stark. War Machines daughter or some shyt.

But random genius out of nowhere is too boring.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say it, Guardians of the Galaxy Ruined the MCU.

It got marvel feeling themselves in two distinctly terrible ways.

1) made them think anybody in marvel comics can have a hit franchise. not true. and before yall say it, Iron man was not some d list character. he was an avenger and the avengers team was always a list and they hint from the very first iron man movie about a potential avengers teamup which created incredible hype.

Guardians worked but they literally the only nobody characters that did. it was a fluke, not a blueprint. nobody wants these c list character solo series and movies.

2) made them think humor was the best approach. (wrong again) humor works with certain characters and ruins others. Ask people about their favorite super hero movies and they might list a couple full on comedies but most of the films they list take themselves more seriously. people prefer ed norton hulk to she hulk. and most people agree mark ruffalo hulk was ruined and trash.
Naw got to disagree
What fukked marvel was there approach to making movies

Instead of letting directors dictate the movie they are letting the producers dictate and that is fukking them up.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
The MCU doesn't work as a tv property, at least not in the way they were doing it. Too many episodes.

386 episodes vs 30 movies. It really dragged the brand down.

I understand though golden age of tv, streaming wars, they almost had to do it. But it was a mistake. Tv bloats up and gets away from you in a hurry.

Werewolf by Night though? I'll be watching that again this year.