Iron Man 3

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
I already said a gripe I had with the movie was that Tony SHOULDN'T be that capable without his armor. If he was shown doing some basic self defense type shyt or just outsmarting his opponents fine, but they had him single handedly taking down professional soldiers and bodyguards without his armor.

I hated this movie...but lets be real for a second. If u're fighting major criminals and shyt in the ironman suit, ur bound to pick up a few moves....and it wasn't like he was doing hand to hand combat or anything.

He made up some gadgets and was shooting nikkas when they weren't looking.

Movie still booty cheeks does.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm still :rudy: at people not realizing Billingsley wasn't the real Manderin. You didn't see him do shyt the entire movie. Most of the time you only saw video footage of him. I think it would've been better had they not showed who the Mandirn was until the big reveal.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Man, I was expecting Kingsley to be all bad ass, then shyt took a turn. :beli:

They should stop the IM franchise and reboot later on in time.
even tho i doubt they will given its ridiculous success something about the franchise seems off.Part 2 sucked but i always thought it was because it tried to jam too much shyt in while still being short on action.But part 3 missed the mark too, dont know what it is about the franchise that has ppl going doo la lee but i have come to the conclusion part1 was a fluke.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
even tho i doubt they will given its ridiculous success something about the franchise seems off.Part 2 sucked but i always thought it was because it tried to jam too much shyt in while still being short on action.But part 3 missed the mark too, dont know what it is about the franchise that has ppl going doo la lee but i have come to the conclusion part1 was a fluke.

Same here. Everyone hyped part 1 like it was godsend. I thought it was good, but not like it was hyped. I think cats just jumped on RDJ's dikk cuz how he did Stark. I'll admit he did great as him, but the movie wasn't what the hype said it was.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought the movie was terrible but the Mandarin twist was dope as fukk. You give evil a face, it becomes a target. Simple but clever. Matter of fact, that was probably the only good thing about the movie. The PTSD shyt was cool too, but underplayed.

Reading the thread people are like :shaq2: "where's the 10 Rings man?"....let's be real a fukking second. They've weakened Iron Man so much in these movies he would've gotten wrecked if it was really the Mandarin. The power jump between 2 and 3 would've been outrageous for him to actually go toe to toe with The Mandarin for real.

Which brings me to my next point. I have no idea why they went out of their way to include Extremis in the movie, but completely rewrite (and fukk up) what it actually is, and how Tony interacted with it. They could've easily had Tony injected with Extremis at the start of the movie, introduced the REAL Mandarin, and the fight would've been :whoo:

Fred.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Same here. Everyone hyped part 1 like it was godsend. I thought it was good, but not like it was hyped. I think cats just jumped on RDJ's dikk cuz how he did Stark. I'll admit he did great as him, but the movie wasn't what the hype said it was.

I agree, the 1st was solid but lets not act like it was a classic. Honestly i feel like all 3 villians in the franchise have been wack, and i also feel like iron man has been under powered. I wanna see stark in the suit blowing shyt up goin full tilt. I felt like the franchise missed on that

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Iron Man 3 is one of those movies where at first, the moment that I walked out of the theater, I really didn't know what to think. I think I was expecting it to be on the level of The Avengers in terms of epic ness. Then, the next day, I thought about it some more and I was like "Wow! That **** was wack." Then, I thought about it again and just started laughing and I was like "It was actually pretty good." I watched it again when it briefly leaked on YT and my opinion still stands at that.

I can see why some of you all thought it was wack (not much Tony in suit action, the Mandrin fiasco, etc.) but I was able to look past that.

We still got Tony's wit and one liners through out the movie. The Mandrin was never really that big of a villain to me. We still got a lot of suit action. I even got a little Lethal Weapon nod with Tony and Rhodey during the final act.

So I liked it and I'll buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray in September (that's when Marvel usually drop their movies).

As for my rankings of the Marvel Movies:

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America > Thor > Iron Man 3 > The Incredible Hulk = Iron Man 2

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Nothing is off, its just that the element of surpise with iron man the super hero is gone. What made the first one so great was that it was the first one.

I mean the first one had the weakest villan, but it was great because Iron Man was new. Part 2 wasn't as good because it had to follow up the first one which is hard to do. They didn't have a major villan which is kind of hard to do anyway without involving Shield which they didn't want to do, AND like the first one, there wasn't a major "showdown" scene until the end of the movie.

Part 3 has had to follow up Avengers which is impossible to do without the other Avengers. Again, you have villians that are not that great for the simple fact that they didn't want to involve SHIELD. That in itself is a head scratcher though because Colson was inquiring about terrorist organiztions in Iron Man I but they didn't care about what the manderin was doing? Maybe they figured the Iron Patriot was good enough. :manny:

At any rate Iron Man is a classic example of it's not new anymore so its hard to feel excited. I think the thing that keeping these Marvel Movies from being great are the villians and how they structure how the super hero and villians interact. In Iron Man 2, Toni Stark spoke with Rourke once before their final fight. Once you establish your super hero in the first installment you have to focus on the villian for the rest of the sequels. Yeah you need to show the super hero character evolve but that should only be a minor detail and not the jist of the movie. I hope they do this with Thor as the villian should be more powerful and compelling.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Nothing is off, its just that the element of surpise with iron man the super hero is gone. What made the first one so great was that it was the first one.

I mean the first one had the weakest villan, but it was great because Iron Man was new. Part 2 wasn't as good because it had to follow up the first one which is hard to do. They didn't have a major villan which is kind of hard to do anyway without involving Shield which they didn't want to do, AND like the first one, there wasn't a major "showdown" scene until the end of the movie.

Part 3 has had to follow up Avengers which is impossible to do without the other Avengers. Again, you have villians that are not that great for the simple fact that they didn't want to involve SHIELD. That in itself is a head scratcher though because Colson was inquiring about terrorist organiztions in Iron Man I but they didn't care about what the manderin was doing? Maybe they figured the Iron Patriot was good enough. :manny:

At any rate Iron Man is a classic example of it's not new anymore so its hard to feel excited. I think the thing that keeping these Marvel Movies from being great are the villians and how they structure how the super hero and villians interact. In Iron Man 2, Toni Stark spoke with Rourke once before their final fight. Once you establish your super hero in the first installment you have to focus on the villian for the rest of the sequels. Yeah you need to show the super hero character evolve but that should only be a minor detail and not the jist of the movie. I hope they do this with Thor as the villian should be more powerful and compelling.
:ohhh: I think u just pointed something I should've seen staring me in the face this whole time.I am too use to the formula of the batman franchise and that my gripe with ironman. After pt1 they've made it the rdj show as oppose to placing the spotlight on the villians and for that it sux

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:ohhh: I think u just pointed something I should've seen staring me in the face this whole time.I am too use to the formula of the batman franchise and that my gripe with ironman. After pt1 they've made it the rdj show as oppose to placing the spotlight on the villians and for that it sux

Was coming in this thread to say almost the exact same thing. These comic action flicks had started to die out years ago, as the formula's were all gettin the same, throw big money at it, and focus the movie around mkin the superhero look good. Nolan turnt dat shyt up with his Batman reboot, cuz every1 already knew everything about batman, wha he did was put the focus on the villain and made the villain the star. And it makes sense, think about it, the movie is called batman u already know wha ur gettin from that role and how bale is gonna portray the hero. The new ingredient is the new villain each time. To this day, Bain n joker were so well displayed and acted that ppl still b talkin bout those roles.

Look back at iron man 1 or 2, do we even care about those villains? Or mention how good or bad they were acted out? They gave us a fake mandarin, so now all the build up for the villain was lost with that move. If the audience doesnt know who the tru villain is for half the movie, y would they even care if he died or not.

Avengers was good, because look how they built up the villain, we got a full intro n build up in the Thor movie, we even got after credits scenes to help build up Loki. Wha did IM give us? a weak flash back at the start of the flick, come on. With that big budget we expect more.