Iran Nuclear Deal: USA remains out under Biden; Russia and Iran collaborating on nuclear items

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Yea. fukking. Right.

Revolutions RARELY tend to result in greater enlightenment...its why the American experiment is so fukking rare.

Populist sentiments of religious movements tend to always predominate and people result to their basic urges and go for the simplest, and ultimately, dumbest shyt. Its why communism was so fukking popular.

The mullahs in Iran got that shyt on lock. I don't know WTF you're smoking

Ain't no moderation going on with Afghanistan and Pakistan to the east and Saudi Arabia and Yemen and Iraq to the west.

You dudes are clueless! :wow:
You're exactly right. The Iran Revolution started with people just being pissed with the government, then over time the religious aspect took over.

Right now the people are pretty Americanized. Over time that mindset can infiltrate the government without a revolution having to occur.

The mullahs in Iran aren't oblivious to the world surrounding them. The ruler of Iran in 2040 is probably in his twenties right now and that dude might see the American way of life as one that is ideal and good and just.

I promise you that's not happening if we go over there and bomb their asses, acting like Israel's god damn pitbull. :birdman:

Treat them like people who are capable of reason and you'll be surprised at the effects it can have long term.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Fam. This shyt is such a glaring moment in history, I really don't think people truly understand what just happened here.

We literally can't stop them from getting a bomb without going to war.

You're saying that like no country besides the USA and its allies should have nukes. Trust me I'm team western(because I live in the west) and do not want war, but if Iran wants nukes to defend itself than why not? I mean flipping Pakistan has nukes! Pakistan!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

But anyways like some other poster said, Iran ALWAYS had the potential to have nukes. And even if they get nukes I doubt they would be a threat to us, as I doubt with their resources their nukes would even be able to reach us. Not even India's warheads are international, but only region. And India economy is much bigger than Iran's. Iran is only a thread to Israel and Saudi Arabia.

IMO if Israel has nukes then so should Iran. Just like Pakistan vs India. But I doubt Iran would even use their nukes. Use common sense. MAD! This is just political scare. Iran would know better to not use its nukes. We have a wacky loony toon kid dictator in North Korea who still has not turned South Korea into a parking lot. shyts not going to happen. Unless Iran is that much crazier than North Korea, which imo would be breaking a world record.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bill O’Reilly Shocks Fox News Anchor By Expressing Support For Iran Deal
BY IGOR VOLSKY POSTED ON APRIL 2, 2015 AT 3:17 PM UPDATED: APRIL 2, 2015 AT 4:03 PM

Bill-OReilly.jpg

CREDIT: AP IMAGES/MATT SAYLES

A slew of Democratic lawmakers endorsed the tentative deal the United States and its international partners reached on Thursday to contain Iran’s nuclear program. But support for the agreement also came from an unusual source: Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.

Appearing on the conservative network just minutes after President Barack Obama held a news conference in the White House Rose Garden laying out the broad outlines for how the United States hopes to limit Tehran’s nuclear capabilities, O’Reilly — a harsh critic of Obama’s foreign policy — argued that conservatives should give diplomacy a chance.

“You don’t want a war with Iran,” he explained. “You don’t want to bomb that country because the unintended consequences will set the world aflame. So if you can get something that’s decent, you give it a shot. I think that’s a legitimate point,” O’Reilly said to a surprised Gretchen Carlson, host of the network’s daytime show, The Real Story.

O’Reilly also warned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu against immediately rejecting the compromise, counseling the long-time opponent of talks to wait and see “specifically what the Iranians are going to agree to.”

Under the terms of the plan, Iran will suspend over two-thirds of its installed centrifuges and dilute or ship overseas its enriched uranium stocks. Iran has agreed to slash its centrifuges from 19,000 to 6,104 and not enrich uranium over 3.67 percent or build new facilities for enrichment for 15 years. It will, however, be able to continue “limited” research and development with advanced centrifuges.

Once inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirm that Iran has met its obligations, the United States, and the international community, will lift economic sanctions against the country. But those sanctions would “snap back into place” should Iran fail to meet its obligations, according to a fact sheet distributed by the White House. A final agreement — including all technical deals — is expected to be reached by June 30th. Experts estimate that while Iran will currently need 2 to 3 months to obtain enough fissile material to produce one nuclear weapon, under this agreement, that so-called “breakout timeline” will grow to at least one year for 10 years.

Speaking to reporters, Obama said that should Iran ultimately sign off on the final deal, “this framework would cut off every pathway Iran could take to develop a nuclear weapon.” He stressed that Iran will face “more inspections than any other country in the world” and continue to live under U.S.-imposed sanctions for sponsoring terrorism, violating human rights, and threatening the state of Israel.

Not everyone on Fox was as supportive of the agreement, however. Shortly after the deal was announced Carlson worried that the negotiations were “legitimizing Iran,” while contributor KT McFarland proclaimed, “we’ve just given up everything!”

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015...reilly-expresses-support-iran-deal-give-shot/

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
http://www.cracked.com/article_20855_5-ways-life-in-iran-nothing-like-you-think.html

5 Ways Life in Iran Is Nothing Like You Think
If you go by the depictions in the news and movies, Iran is exclusively made up of experimental nuclear weapons, angry bearded mobs, and silent, oppressed females. And while the country may indeed have its fair share of all three of those, the reality is a far cry from what you'd expect. I spent almost a year in Iran, and I was amazed to discover ...

#5. "Death to America" Is Quickly Going Out of Style
235697_v1.jpg
Salah Malkawi/Getty Images News/Getty Images

One morning in Tehran I found myself in the middle of an anti-America protest. Instead of cars, the streets were packed with a mass of people chanting in Farsi: "Marg bar Amrika," they sang. "Death to America." Hundreds of thousands of people had gathered to commemorate the Islamic Revolution, burning effigies and waving around reversible signs printed with "Down with America" on one side and "Down with Israel" on the other. I thought the warnings about these protests from various state departments and foreign ministries were alarmist pandering -- is Iran really just a constant parade of jingoistic fury?

235651_v1.jpg
Getty Images/Getty Images News/Getty Images
This is your standard Tuesday commute.

Actually, no: While I had stumbled across one of the largest celebrations of the Islamic Revolution ever, the reality is that the "Death to America" stuff is actually going out of style. Everyone from politicians to newspaper editors has basically said, "Guys, you're kinda making us look like dikks," and popular opinion is with them. If you arranged every Iranian presidential candidate since the '90s on a "Lotsa Death" to "Cool It With the Death" continuum, candidates on the latter end have been vastly more successful than those who have adopted a more expressly pro-death-of-America stance.

For example, former president Mohammad Khatami is best known for pursuing a "dialogue among civilizations" with the U.N. and won his election and re-election through multiple consecutive landslides. Current president Hassan Rouhani ran on a "less death, more talking" platform as well and went home with a respectable 50 percent of the vote, while the more pro-death candidates were stuck scraping the bottom of the voting barrel.

235653_v1.jpg
Executive Office of the President
Although we have to admit, a few "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" congressmen would make C-SPAN vastly more watchable.

And I can say that in everyday interactions people in Iran are nice to foreigners -- even the youths in Revolutionary Guard uniforms on the bus are pleasant. So the chanters are extremists, and they're not even that extreme. It turns out "Death to [thing I don't like]" is a fairly common political colloquialism. In just the past 34 years, Iranians have chanted for "death" to Russia, England, France, Israel, and Saddam Hussein. The chant changes to match the hot topic of the moment. As a movement, it's more analogous to any of the numerous times Americans have casually compared something to Nazism than it is a metaphorical terrorist powder keg getting ready to blow.

235649_v1.jpg
James Woodson/Photodisc/Getty Images
"Death to Chrysler!"

#4. Everyday Conversations Are Polite to the Point of Absurdity
235695_v1.jpg
Photos.com

You know that episode of Seinfeld where an old man repeatedly insists that Jerry take a space pen, and when Jerry finally accepts it, he inexplicably pisses off an entire community of retired people for stealing a pen? That kind of weird negotiation double-speak is actually how even the most mundane exchange works in Iran. Whenever I asked a taxi driver how much a trip cost, he'd deflect my offer with a cordial "It's nothing," when he was really every bit as desperate to get paid as anyone else. Confused foreigners will sometimes exit a taxi without paying, forcing the driver to chase after them and explain that he didn't mean it -- it's just how things are done.

235661_v1.jpg
Steve Mason/Photodisc/Getty Images
That's sorta like a stranger thanking you for bus fare and then helping himself to your wallet and all your clothes.

This is ta'arof in action, and it's not just a taxi thing; it sets the tone for every interaction you have. It's rare to purchase anything from any trader without them first refusing to take your money at least once, then "thank you" is countered with "I am your servant," which leads to "No, you are the master." And if that wasn't confusing enough, people will sometimes genuinely refuse money. After a particularly friendly taxi ride, my ta'arof exchange with my taxi driver ended with him handing me a pile of change that amounted to the exact amount I'd given him. Then he pulled over, let me out, and drove off. I guess I still may have screwed up, but if ta'arof demands that I chase his car down like I'm the freaking T-1000, then I guess I just suck at ta'arof.

235647.jpg
Photos.com
And don't even get us started on what tipping a waiter escalates into.

Ta'arof also includes complex sets of greetings and farewells, and once you combine them with the loquaciousness of Farsi, everyday interactions can turn into the spoken equivalent of dueling banjos. And while it's totally normal in context, a literal translation of most conversations with vendors will undoubtedly include a promise to follow you through the bowels of hell itself rather than accept a fair price for your groceries.

#3. Marriages Can Work Like Prostitution
235693_v1.jpg
Dejan Ristovski/iStock/Getty Images

In Iran, the sanctity of marriage and being sexually faithful are prized above all else. Until recently, women could be arrested for dressing improperly in public, and divorce is complicated by oppressive laws and social factors. Unless you're a man, in which case the whole country is basically a more lenient Las Vegas.

235659_v1.jpg
Steve Mason/Photodisc/Getty Images
Minus the liquor and gambling.

Sigheh, or a "temporary marriage," is an obscure part of the Quran that, in Iran, basically functions as state-sanctioned prostitution. Married men can legally enter into a marriage with another woman, without telling their wives, for a predetermined amount of time -- even if just for a few minutes. You can see where this is going.

235655.jpg
Photos.com
Vows that specifically mention the Carolina Corkscrew?

Often these marriages involve a mehr, a specific amount of money that the man owes the woman. While women are allowed to negotiate their own mehr or dowry (something they can't do in a permanent marriage) and their obligations are limited to sex, any change to the contract -- from ending it early to renewing it -- comes at the man's discretion.

This isn't some fringe custom frowned upon by a more reasonable government. President Ahmadinejad went so far as to make the sigheh even easier by making it so married men didn't need their wives' approval, and it's been promoted as a way to live together without living in sin, because even a temporary marriage explicitly entered for the purpose of boning isn't technically "extramarital." It's just too bad that if a woman decides her situation sucks, her options are either "give up and deal with it" or "work through the shame and ridiculous hassle of a divorce."

235657_v1.jpg
Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images
Photo taken shortly before the judge and bailiff started playing "keep away" with the divorce contract.

And if that part sounds pretty much what you'd expect in terms of what life is like for a woman in Iran, here's something you didn't know ...

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
#2. There Is a Thriving Parkour Scene Among Iranian Women
235689_v1.jpg
Iaroslav Danylchenko/iStock/Getty Images

Iran is kind of a dikk to its female athletes: In June 2013, one woman was denied recognition for her record-breaking swim because her body was briefly visible through the full hijab she wore the whole freaking time (she awesomely stated that the record for her 20-kilometer swim was "being held hostage by people who cannot even swim 20 meters"). Luckily, Iranian female athletes do not give a fukk. Despite being repeatedly told about how modest and incompetent they are, they're doing everything from climbing Mount Everest to learning martial arts to defying law and social convention by practicing parkour in public.

As a philosophy, parkour is all about finding ways around obstacles and seeing the world in a new way, so it's actually not that weird that Iranian women are so into it. They've found lots of ways to defy the restrictions imposed on them -- from turning their oppressive dress standards into fashion statements to dominating higher education -- but back-flipping off bridges while wielding nunchucks in physically restrictive clothing is probably the most awesome way to show that you couldn't give less of a shyt about the laws of man and, like, physics. It also proves that oppressing women with headscarves is like oppressing Bruce Willis by putting him in an air duct -- it just makes their inevitable badassery all the more impressive.

235667_v1.jpg
Hitall Girls, via Girl Parkour
Yippee-ki-yay.

Parkour has become associated with petty crime and drugs in the eyes of authorities (for them, the fact that young people do it is reason enough). One teenager I spoke with recounted that his instructor had been detained for training earlier that week. And since women are more likely to be bothered, they're also more likely to be found practicing in secluded areas -- meaning that Iranian culture has made the not-so-great decision to breed a generation of oppressed people who are in great shape, awesome at sneaking around, and really tired of being told what to do.

#1. Their Holidays Kick Ass
235691_v1.jpg
Bertil Videt, via Wikipedia

At a certain point in spring, I heard explosions going off. Not just little pops, either -- major bangs. It was loud enough that I checked the news in case there had been a gas explosion or, you know, a war. But then I got it: It was the Festival of Fire and Nowruz: a celebration in March that's basically New Year's, if you celebrate New Year's by building bonfires in the street, shooting fireworks at each other, and doing doughnuts in your car in the middle of crowded intersections.

235673_v1.jpg
Photos.com
Nothing reminds us of the holidays like the earthy smell of burned rubber.

One of my friends reported that he had spent part of the day in a car while the occupants exchanged fireworks with other cars on the freeway at 60 mph. There are thousands of injuries, with over half resulting from homemade grenades, naturally. Oh -- and did I mention how many people are dressed as Blackface Santa? Sure, the character's face is supposed to be covered in soot, but no amount of cultural understanding can prepare you for your first sight of children boarding a midnight bus looking like they're on their way to a minstrel show.

235663.jpg
Pedramgh, via Wikipedia
Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1899.

You might think, "Wow, Muslim festivals are pretty badass," but the truth is that Nowruz actually comes from Zoroastrianism, a religion older than either Christianity or Islam. Only 35,000 to 90,000 Iranians (out of 74 million) self-identify as Zoroastrian, but you wouldn't know it when pretty much everyone celebrates their major holidays -- although, again, who on Earth would pass up an opportunity to celebrate "blow up everything day"?

235665_v1.jpg
Mehdi Ghasemi, Islamic Society of North America
Their sparklers can flash-fry a horse.

Despite the fact that Zoroastrian values have had a massive influence on Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, the country is currently divided on how to treat this ancient religion that everyone celebrates despite technically not belonging to it. While some have persecuted them, and members have historically been treated as second-class citizens in ways that don't really work for comedy websites, the fact that the entire country seems hell-bent on keeping Zoroastrianism around means that even though we've managed to avoid any actual war with them, Iran is likely to continue kicking our asses at partying for the foreseeable future.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A nuclear Iranian century is upon us.

:blessed:

Thanks, Obama

The Caliphate

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You're saying that like no country besides the USA and its allies should have nukes. Trust me I'm team western(because I live in the west) and do not want war, but if Iran wants nukes to defend itself than why not? I mean flipping Pakistan has nukes! Pakistan!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

*sigh* :snoop:

I'm going to break this down for you in as best/succinct as I can for this message-board format

But I do really get tired of putting dudes on shyt that SHOULD BE widespread knowledge now.

ALL of this can be verified, checked, and read up on. So if you disagree with me, you really need to invest the effort into showing where I'm wrong. I take these topics seriously.

Do you know who A. Q. Khan is?

He was a Pakistani metallurgist (became a nuclear scientist) working as a contractor in the Netherlands who
S T O L E plans from URENCO in the 70s. Why? Because Pakistan was getting its ass WHOOPED by the indians at the time. These plans were used for nuclear facilities. Do you know why being a metallurgist matters? Because ONLY he understood that certain alloys were necessary to build components necessary to refine nuclear components.

In fact, so much so, that these precious alloys are sold by only a few companies in the world and are heavily monitored. The CIA interdicts shipments of this shyt all the time. There was a major incident in one of those south asian countries a few years ago because of this (I forget at the moment)

He basically is the Oppenheimer of Pakistan.

Its a long story...but then he goes on and starts selling components, plans, and all sorts of other intel on how to help other nations and NGOs to get nukes.

Stop.

Did you catch that?

This fukk-BOY is out here selling plans for nukes to NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS...AKA...MAFIAS...TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS...ANY SORT OF GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH MONEY.

NUKES.

Like its fukking TAKE OUT :mindblown:

So do you wonder where North Korea got their Nuclear Tech?

A Q Khan.

Do you wonder where Iran got their plans for nuclear material?

A Q Khan.

Do you know why Libya had at one point been pursuing Nukes?

A Q Khan

Do you know why the CIA keeps intercepting people making purchases for materials used in the development of undeclared nuclear projects?

A Q-fukking-Khan

Do you know why the US gives such a fukk about Pakistan?

Not only are they incredible hostile towards India...but they BOTH have nukes.

Its probably THE most dangerous place in the world right now.

So basically, we have to keep throwing money at Pakistan just to keep an already unstable nation from falling off the ledge and letting nuclear material fall into rogue hands...this is what we are potentially facing with Iran...on a much larger scale since Iran is surrounded by conflict.

Where is AQ Khan now?

Disgraced.

Once all this was revealed, he came out on prime time TV and cried in front of all of Pakistan about what he'd done and now lives under house arrest.

...but...he's slowly starting to make more appearances lately.

In fact, when OBL got killed, A Q Khan feared foreign governments were coming for him too and went back underground.

shyt is REAL out here.

But anyways like some other poster said, Iran ALWAYS had the potential to have nukes. And even if they get nukes I doubt they would be a threat to us, as I doubt with their resources their nukes would even be able to reach us.
This is a shyt argument. Just because they can't "reach" us doesn't mean they should have them. These aren't toys and you should not be able to get one just because you want one. The world isn't fair and I think people are forgetting that.

To hell with what the Islamic Republic of Iran thinks :camby:
Not even India's warheads are international, but only region. And India economy is much bigger than Iran's. Iran is only a thread to Israel and Saudi Arabia.

NOT TRUE

http://thediplomat.com/2013/09/india-is-developing-its-first-real-icbm/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surya_missile

You boys better catch up on this reading. I'm dead serious out here. This shyt is ALL bad.

IMO if Israel has nukes then so should Iran.
No. fukk that. I don't give a flying fukk. You don't get a nuke and I'm glad the are covert operations to drop bodies if necessary. End of story.

I'm not even pro-israel. I'm anti-proliferation by ANY means necessary.

Just like Pakistan vs India.
One nation created their own bomb and the other STOLE plans.

But I doubt Iran would even use their nukes.
For you to even phrase this sentence this way just shows how naive you truly are.

It doesn't matter if they'd never use them.

They have them. And thats a problem.

Nations are looking at Ukraine and second guessing ever giving up their nuclear arsenals.

Use common sense. MAD! This is just political scare.
No you dumb c*nt.

Nukes entrench governments. You can't change governments without it.

I SUPPORT CHANGING THE GOVERNMENT OF IRAN! Do you not get that? I don't like the current leaders and the people deserve better than their own fukking monsters in office!

With nukes, you effectively make it IMPOSSIBLE to remove the religious rulers!

THIS

IS

ALL

BAD

Iran would know better to not use its nukes. We have a wacky loony toon kid dictator in North Korea who still has not turned South Korea into a parking lot. shyts not going to happen. Unless Iran is that much crazier than North Korea, which imo would be breaking a world record.

Different situation and I'm questioning your intellect even making the comparison.

Stand-offs are NOT good dumbass. :stopitslime:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Bill O’Reilly Shocks Fox News Anchor By Expressing Support For Iran Deal
BY IGOR VOLSKY POSTED ON APRIL 2, 2015 AT 3:17 PM UPDATED: APRIL 2, 2015 AT 4:03 PM

Bill-OReilly.jpg

CREDIT: AP IMAGES/MATT SAYLES

A slew of Democratic lawmakers endorsed the tentative deal the United States and its international partners reached on Thursday to contain Iran’s nuclear program. But support for the agreement also came from an unusual source: Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.

Appearing on the conservative network just minutes after President Barack Obama held a news conference in the White House Rose Garden laying out the broad outlines for how the United States hopes to limit Tehran’s nuclear capabilities, O’Reilly — a harsh critic of Obama’s foreign policy — argued that conservatives should give diplomacy a chance.

“You don’t want a war with Iran,” he explained. “You don’t want to bomb that country because the unintended consequences will set the world aflame. So if you can get something that’s decent, you give it a shot. I think that’s a legitimate point,” O’Reilly said to a surprised Gretchen Carlson, host of the network’s daytime show, The Real Story.

O’Reilly also warned Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu against immediately rejecting the compromise, counseling the long-time opponent of talks to wait and see “specifically what the Iranians are going to agree to.”

Under the terms of the plan, Iran will suspend over two-thirds of its installed centrifuges and dilute or ship overseas its enriched uranium stocks. Iran has agreed to slash its centrifuges from 19,000 to 6,104 and not enrich uranium over 3.67 percent or build new facilities for enrichment for 15 years. It will, however, be able to continue “limited” research and development with advanced centrifuges.

Once inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirm that Iran has met its obligations, the United States, and the international community, will lift economic sanctions against the country. But those sanctions would “snap back into place” should Iran fail to meet its obligations, according to a fact sheet distributed by the White House. A final agreement — including all technical deals — is expected to be reached by June 30th. Experts estimate that while Iran will currently need 2 to 3 months to obtain enough fissile material to produce one nuclear weapon, under this agreement, that so-called “breakout timeline” will grow to at least one year for 10 years.

Speaking to reporters, Obama said that should Iran ultimately sign off on the final deal, “this framework would cut off every pathway Iran could take to develop a nuclear weapon.” He stressed that Iran will face “more inspections than any other country in the world” and continue to live under U.S.-imposed sanctions for sponsoring terrorism, violating human rights, and threatening the state of Israel.

Not everyone on Fox was as supportive of the agreement, however. Shortly after the deal was announced Carlson worried that the negotiations were “legitimizing Iran,” while contributor KT McFarland proclaimed, “we’ve just given up everything!”

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015...reilly-expresses-support-iran-deal-give-shot/
ThinkProgress is adding their own bias to this story from a pro-obamas stance.

O'reilly is a realist above many other things...and a deal, is better than war.

Thats all he said. I agree with that.