Invincible - Season 2 - Late 2023

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm tryna figure out why he didn't just put our Mark in a universe with Darth Mark and Omniman.

That's how you kill him if you really want him dead. Guess hindsight is 20/20 :yeshrug:

Levy is the culmination of 100 different personalities with PTSD he wanted Mark to suffer just like he has/is.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm tryna figure out why he didn't just put our Mark in a universe with Darth Mark and Omniman.

That's how you kill him if you really want him dead. Guess hindsight is 20/20 :yeshrug:

Not a comic reader, but I think there's another answer to this that I haven't seen anyone bring up:

Angstrom REALLY believes that Mark is a villain, and he's the hero.

Since Angstrom truly believes that Mark is evil deep down inside, Why would he let him get exposed to an Omniman who is the emperor of the Earth? Wouldn't Angstrom expect the new "evil" Mark to join his existing evil "family" and just add one more Viltrumite to oppress the people of that world?

Lots of these "comic book" shows/movies have been dealing with the "multiverse" concept over the past couple of years, but I think what's unique about THIS multiverse is that the main character is actually evil in almost every other reality. "Our" Mark is the 1 in 1,000,000 variant of Invincible that is NOT a super villain. So, if there were something like a "What IF" version of this show, then almost every episode would take place in a different world where Mark is the guy that the "good guys" are fighting.

Closest thing I can think of is the pilot episode of "Superman and Lois", but evil versions of the DC version of Superman are going to pretty rare in the multiverse.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been watching the Superman cartoon from the 90’s off and on for the past year and man I can’t unhear Lex Luthors voice every time the general speaks. That voice actor doesn’t look anything like I would expect either lol

Edit: wait, is this dude the voice of Mr. Krabs too? No way haha

thefloorislava

All Star
Daps
Read the comics years ago and still have to watch the rest of season 2. The problem with invincible as a series is that the best parts of the show involve the viltrumites. There’s only one villain from earth in the comics that reaches the same highs, and they come way later. Rest of the villains besides a handful are 🗑️.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Making my way through this... I almost stopped watching until they decided to stop fukking around and bring back Omni man in that twist.

I'm 4 eps into season 2 now. Am I supposed to give a shyt about anything not directly relating to viltrumite characters? Cause I really don't

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Read the comics years ago and still have to watch the rest of season 2. The problem with invincible as a series is that the best parts of the show involve the viltrumites. There’s only one villain from earth in the comics that reaches the same highs, and they come way later. Rest of the villains besides a handful are 🗑️.
I'd argue that Angstrom was the only villain that was really close to ruining Mark's life. He's a more personal villain, the other villains threaten the world but he's only a threat to Mark.

Regarding the viltrumites tho *light book spoiler*
Honestly how the viltrumite arc ends is one of the weaker parts of the comic, so I'm not sure why youre saying this.

Making my way through this... I almost stopped watching until they decided to stop fukking around and bring back Omni man in that twist.

I'm 4 eps into season 2 now. Am I supposed to give a shyt about anything not directly relating to viltrumite characters? Cause I really don't
A lot of characters start becoming really good after this arc. Right now tho they are pretty weak and kind of hold Mark back, but it's rewarding if you pay attention to them along the way.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd argue that Angstrom was the only villain that was really close to ruining Mark's life. He's a more personal villain, the other villains threaten the world but he's only a threat to Mark.

Regarding the viltrumites tho *light book spoiler*
Honestly how the viltrumite arc ends is one of the weaker parts of the comic, so I'm not sure why youre saying this.

A lot of characters start becoming really good after this arc. Right now tho they are pretty weak and kind of hold Mark back, but it's rewarding if you pay attention to them along the way.
There is another villain from Earth besides Angstrom who really impacted Mark’s life. He hasn’t shown up yet

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There is another villain from Earth besides Angstrom who really impacted Mark’s life. He hasn’t shown up yet
If you're talking about who I think you are talking about, then right, he changed his perspective and impacted his life. He's actually more of an anti hero than a villain by the end.

But he didn't almost off his family like angstrom.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
All ima say is… Anissa wouldn’t need to force me to do shyt :russ: IYKYK :whew:

EVERY time I go on youtube, there are "recommended" videos that contain MASSIVE spoilers about Anissa right there in the thumbnails. It pisses me off.
So many spoilers right there in the thumbnails, about so many characters.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’ve been watching the Superman cartoon from the 90’s off and on for the past year and man I can’t unhear Lex Luthors voice every time the general speaks. That voice actor doesn’t look anything like I would expect either lol

Edit: wait, is this dude the voice of Mr. Krabs too? No way haha

Clancy Brown is in A LOT of current shows, both live action and voiceovers.