Invincible - Season 2 - Late 2023

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Yeah this season has been a disaster.

We are only still tuning in because of the goodwill of season 1.

If season 3 is as slow and like this I can see it killing the show because barely anything substantial is happening.

Like why isn't Mark training or preparing for the Viltrumites? :mindblown:
He focusing on this boring wack bytch Amber

There was no reason to make this girl black and make her annoying smh

This is why I hate race bending, becuz it doesn't benefit black folks at all. Now people just hate this girl

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
I think niccas protest a bit much about this show, and while I respect one having an opinion; i have one too. This most recent ep was done well. Contained meta humor, advanced the story on many storylines, and raised the stakes. But, if the next ep is the finale, i have no doubt it will be extended and well executed.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Gotta be honest we're only 2 seasons in and this has already gotten OLD.

Either LEVEL him up, bring in a TRUNKS who can do everything RIGHT or :camby:
he has to get his ass beat to get stronger. the only people who can properly stress him are other viltrumites, battle beast, and allen.

i NEED them to keep this amber broad in the bushes FOREVER.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That scene at ComiCon when they described how complicated animation is made me :mjlol: ,:ehh: , & :stopitslime:
They did that that shyt in the comics making fun of them reusing panels and shyt to save time to put out the comic. After I read that shyt I started noticing every time they swap to a known location, they use the exact same panel every time :bryan:

Daps
I'm on s1e6 of this shyt, and while ima keep watching, its def a dissappintment so far.

After that first ep, I was expecting this to be a more 'realistic' play on a superhero world, but after that this shyt been bog standard.

Why do Mark and Eve even bother with going to school? Why do people just go about their normal day in this world where alien invasions can happen at the drop of a hat?

This is a modern world with smartphones and cameras, yet no one has ever seen omniman or mark fly in and out their crib? Why do they need secret identities at all?

I know Amber is disliked. Up to this point (the college episode) I havent had a reason to really hate her. But seriously, this shyts so braindead. Why did the gay best friend just decide to go down into a sewer like this is scooby doo? If Viltrumites are so powerful, why does Mark get bodied by every chump with a robot arm?

Idk, I just expected this to be like a deconstruction or more serious take on a superhero show and its ended up just being another regular ass superhero show.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finally started the comic after that bullshyt wait. Outside of swapping a few details and shuffling the order of events around, this is way more faithful than I thought :wow: If I had to guess I’m probably a decent chunk into next season, but that mf a page turner. Been yrs since I have been into comics fr.
Yeah, any and all things people have been complaining about are in the comic

The show actually adds complexities to things and fleshes out things that were undercooked in the comic without bordering on filler

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm on s1e6 of this shyt, and while ima keep watching, its def a dissappintment so far.

After that first ep, I was expecting this to be a more 'realistic' play on a superhero world, but after that this shyt been bog standard.

Why do Mark and Eve even bother with going to school? Why do people just go about their normal day in this world where alien invasions can happen at the drop of a hat?

This is a modern world with smartphones and cameras, yet no one has ever seen omniman or mark fly in and out their crib? Why do they need secret identities at all?

I know Amber is disliked. Up to this point (the college episode) I havent had a reason to really hate her. But seriously, this shyts so braindead. Why did the gay best friend just decide to go down into a sewer like this is scooby doo? If Viltrumites are so powerful, why does Mark get bodied by every chump with a robot arm?

Idk, I just expected this to be like a deconstruction or more serious take on a superhero show and its ended up just being another regular ass superhero show.
Mark in particular grew up without powers and when he got them, was stuck in an internal struggle to maintain some semblance of normalcy afterward, that's why he stuck with amber and tried to keep up with school. It's not bad storytelling, you just don't get it :dead:

This isn't a superhero parody show, but it's definitely a more grounded take on superheroes. If you want a parody, go watch The Boys or Gen V

Daps
Mark in particular grew up without powers and when he got them, was stuck in an internal struggle to maintain some semblance of normalcy afterward, that's why he stuck with amber and tried to keep up with school. It's not bad storytelling, you just don't get it :dead:

This isn't a superhero parody show, but it's definitely a more grounded take on superheroes. If you want a parody, go watch The Boys or Gen V

I never said parody, I said 'realistic' or grounded take, which it isnt.

Like after omni man offs the guardians this could be any other generic teen superhero cartoon. The world just doesn't gel, because this is trying to be more serious yet its the same dumb ass world where superheroes fly in and out of their house every single day and no one sees them or connects the dots.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I never said parody, I said 'realistic' or grounded take, which it isnt.

Like after omni man offs the guardians this could be any other generic teen superhero cartoon. The world just doesn't gel, because this is trying to be more serious yet its the same dumb ass world where superheroes fly in and out of their house every single day and no one sees them or connects the dots.
Who said you could even see omniman flying with the naked eye :dead:

Daps
Who said you could even see omniman flying with the naked eye :dead:
My nikka theres multiple times where Mark and Omniman slowly descend into their house in broad daylight in full costume. All these characters just play fast and loose with these secret identities that they really have no reason to uphold.

Like I said, its the same exact pitfall of a mid teen superhero cartoon, but I was just expecting more.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Amber needs to die. Im glad she's gone though.

The show just feels flat. It never keeps the momentum it builds. Judt focus on the heroes and Viltrum politics. Thats all the show needs. Not one person has ever said the "human" stuff was their favorite part

And this multiverse guy :camby:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
he has to get his ass beat to get stronger. the only people who can properly stress him are other viltrumites, battle beast, and allen.

i NEED them to keep this amber broad in the bushes FOREVER.

He's doing ZERO training or prep :camby:

He doesn't seem bothered of what the Viltrumites warned him about.

Hell NO ONE on earth seems to be despite them seeing Omni Man go on a rampage.

WHERE is the urgency to combat the Vultrimites? :mjtf: why isn't this the main/driving story narrative? :mindblown:

Even a clown character like Goku did training when he knew the other saiyans were coming.