Invincible - Season 2 - Late 2023

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Amber/Mark dynamic is a familiar aspect of superhero stories.

I figured the books would play some time of role, but surprised Mark doesn't seem to be addressing the ultimatum he got. Unless he doesn't remember from being beat so badly.

Daps
It's amazing how these fool showrunners killed their own momentum. Came back with only 8 episodes after 2 years and then had the nerve to do a 2 month break after 4 episodes. Why they would want to go head to head with the X Men 97 release I do not understand.

I legit forgot this was out this week because of all of the X Men hype. I only remembered to watch Invincible tonight cause I saw this thread bumped. I forgot all about this show.

I'm not seeing anybody talking about it on social media right now either.

s@n

All Star
Daps
Don't read it. It won't ruin the show, but you are better off just watching the show.
This is exactly what I mean when I say the book isn’t really that good. It’s repeats it’s cycles/revolutions of plot faster than other books because it’s really not that deep, and it cribs so much of it’s humor and world-building tropes from other more successful franchises. How many nods to other universes can a book make before that’s all it becomes? I ran through the entire series in a couple days and wanted my time back. B/B+ tier

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
screen-20240323-2300352-ezgif-com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

:dead: Ok Aunt Amber :skip:

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
:damn: :damn: bro said she's even faster than Nolan
Mark got his ass beat differently today, I thought he got brolic after that fight on the bug planet but I guess not :mjtf:

That ending was ridiculous, the finale next week is gonna be crazy. The months long break definitely killed a lot of hype, idk what the showrunners were thinking competing with an animated series based on arguably Marvel's most popular IP. It definitely doesn't help that X-Men '97 and Invincible are on back-to-back days as well.