Insomniac & Sony Leaked Documents

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Which sucks cuz I actually bought an Xbox one, in part, for sunset over drive.

It was a fun game and you can see why they chose to do spider man.

But, honestly, what insomniac games really sold like that. ?

Fuse flopped
Resistance did aight
Song of the deep flopped
That vr game flopped
Rift a part flopped

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Which sucks cuz I actually bought an Xbox one, in part, for sunset over drive.

It was a fun game and you can see why they chose to do spider man.

But, honestly, what insomniac games really sold like that. ?

Fuse flopped
Resistance did aight
Song of the deep flopped
That vr game flopped
Rift a part flopped

And people are mad they’re a “marvel factory” lol

Insomniac likely wouldn’t even exist right now if they didn’t make marvel games

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Whoa brother, fold the cape back up, I'm talking about the gaming industry in general not just Sony.:whoa: I'm more focused on the fact that a sure thing like Spider Man 2 is bringing in 75M at 10.5M units. 99% of the industry aint selling 3M units let alone 10. All these extra money-making schemes like paid online, subscriptions, and DLC are the only thing keeping the facade of AAA gaming intact.

ain't about caping, it's more about how ROIs work.

and you have to remember budget as well since 99% of games won't have 150-250 million budgets. Those are blockbuster movie budgets. But on the flipside, unlike Blockbuster movie budgets, positive ROIs are substantially easier to attain since the publisher gets the vast majority of the revenue.

you also have break even points on these games which are a lot lower and realistic than what the actual sales are. That indicates a good business model where they are conservative in their expectations even knowing deep down that there is a great chance of selling more than the break even sales point. So if something doesn't make sales expectations, it doesn't kill you and get the studio closed.

hate to keep coming back to this, but it boggles my mind how disney kept greenlighting 200 million budget movies with another 100 mill in marketing. You're looking at having to make 650 mill to break even. THAT is not sustainable.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
89vkjq.jpg
The blade disrespect.
a dope blade game will be in my collection day 1

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You are in here talking about spending 400 mil to MAYBE make $75 mill(and still have to pay licensing fees) in a couple years of sales is “printing money”
I doubt they have to pay a licensing fee per game. They probably paid a 1 time fee for a curtain duration of time, and they can make multiple games during that time frame.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
this leak is insane.

I think we are going to be seeing shyt leak from this for weeks.

There’s 2 TB of data on the dark web :wow:

Sure, a lot of it’s benign but I’m sure there’s other jewels in there as well.

Man if they find them dudes..... it's gonna be bad

:no:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What changed?

They signed a 10 year contract to keep call of duty on playstation, xbox sales tanked since ps5’s became available early this year, and subs are stagnating on both sides.

Microsoft looked like a much bigger threat the way they were moving last year as opposed to the reality of the situation this year, post starfield

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
ain't about caping, it's more about how ROIs work.

and you have to remember budget as well since 99% of games won't have 150-250 million budgets. Those are blockbuster movie budgets. But on the flipside, unlike Blockbuster movie budgets, positive ROIs are substantially easier to attain since the publisher gets the vast majority of the revenue.

you also have break even points on these games which are a lot lower and realistic than what the actual sales are. That indicates a good business model where they are conservative in their expectations even knowing deep down that there is a great chance of selling more than the break even sales point. So if something doesn't make sales expectations, it doesn't kill you and get the studio closed.

hate to keep coming back to this, but it boggles my mind how disney kept greenlighting 200 million budget movies with another 100 mill in marketing. You're looking at having to make 650 mill to break even. THAT is not sustainable.
I mean, that's what their MCU movies were averaging on the low end. And it could've been sustainable if quality and shananigans hadn't happened.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
damage is done at this point

no doubt, but if they find dem nikkaz...won't be shocked if they aren't heard from again. Not talkin jail either.

Cats are playing a dangerous game cause you know a lot of these hackers ain't built like that when the shyt hits the fan. And if the gubment gets involved and forces the countries they are hiding in to give up these bozos.... not good for them.