Daps
Reppin
NULL

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks like just straight up cost vs revenue.

When you add in marketing and licensing that shyt is real ugly :huhldup:
Crazy. We had a general idea of how bad it was but when a mega hit like Spider Man 2 is only bringing in $75M; You immediately understand why everybody is getting acquired, why the AA game disappeared, why they charge for online play, why they started subscription services, why everybody pivoted so hard to chasing GAAS, why the games went up to $70, and etc.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The “break even” total is just the amount of games sold times $70.

Marketing and licensing are not included in that chart.

That is just raw numbers as far as insomniac is concerned.

Marketing and licensing are Sony’s concerns.

Spending $400 to maybe make 70 mil isn’t exactly “printing money”

That's not how it works. They know the amount of sales they need to cover their costs.

you just spit out a number talking about 300 million to market a videogame for christs sakes. Stars Wars, Avatar, don't even spend close to that.

Like I said many times, I do ROI calculations for a living.

The Spidey 2 numbers are projections of course along with everything afterwards. There is already a number in mind to include licensing, marketing, as well as production.

These games are easy money makers whether you want to accept it or not.

Anything above 4 to 5% profit margins are what you want in most industries.

You're getting double digit ROI percentages on these joints. Execs do backflips over these kind of numbers.

Some of yall really need to stay in your lanes.

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Only if the games are ass which is highly doubtful.
The only worry I have is if these games start to feel like Assassin's Creed. Don't get me wrong I love that franchise, but the fatigue in that franchise is real. I think the positive thing about Insomniac they aren't releasing these games every year to cause burnout like Assassin's Creed did

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Except this is not in any leaks.
The point of contention here is that two threads from the same leaks isn't spamming.

Whether or not it's actually in the hacked documents is irrelevant since that's the claim from the tweet.

Or are we now in bad faith suggesting people need to do their own independent research and confirmation before console warring :skip: