Insomniac & Sony Leaked Documents

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Screenshot_2023-12-20_065537.png

This chart shows why Sony doesn't want day 1 or even year 1 inclusion of new games into PlayStation+. I can't say I'm interested in a game subscription service that holds off for damn near 2 years before adding 1st party titles to the service. By that time the prices are so low on the titles you'd be better off buying them.

I have my doubts I'll ever sub to PS+ Extra or Premium.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Screenshot_2023-12-20_065537.png

This chart shows why Sony doesn't want day 1 or even year 1 inclusion of new games into PlayStation+. I can't say I'm interested in a game subscription service that holds off for damn near 2 years before adding 1st party titles to the service. By that time the prices are so low on the titles you'd be better off buying them.

I have my doubts I'll ever sub to PS+ Extra or Premium.

Naw i was told sony could easily do day one releases and continue to make the same amount of money

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Naw i was told sony could easily do day one releases and continue to make the same amount of money
Depends on the game. To have that level of explosion in player count if the game allows monetization in the game yeah. If it doesn't then apparently nope.

That's also not the only way to do business though. You could say PlayStation+ subscribers that lock in for a year get all 1st party games at launch for $40-$50 instead of $70 if purchased digitally direct from Sony.

Not only would you get more subs you'd get people buying more games. When I had Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked I bought a drastic amount of games compared to today.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Depends on the game. To have that level of explosion in player count if the game allows monetization in the game yeah. If it doesn't then apparently nope.

That's also not the only way to do business though. You could say PlayStation+ subscribers that lock in for a year get all 1st party games at launch for $40-$50 instead of $70 if purchased digitally direct from Sony.

Not only would you get more subs you'd get people buying more games. When I had Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked I bought a drastic amount of games compared to today.
This prolly the only way I’d go digital.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This prolly the only way I’d go digital.
I'd say they should tie that to Premium. If you buy the year upfront you get that deal. People would raise their tier and start buying more games with the savings. Since they go through a discount cycle on games anyway I don't see why they shouldn't at least consider that. You pull in an extra $80 in sub fees and if you go $50 for the new price they gotta buy 4 games to get that back.