Injustice 2 | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
The AI control loadout on endless is cool. I can just watch tv and keep pressing x while my character levels up. I got aquaman and black Adam to level 20 quickly
this is actually a really good idea. I'm letting my AI character fight this mulitverse where the screen goes dark every half second. I want the rewards but i ain't suffering through that.

its almost completely dark on the final battle :camby:
I'm really loving the potential and polish of this game.

My thing is, considering I'm no novice to fighting games, the game STILL feels like I'm button mashing and the blocking is implemented, it feels hit or miss.

I'm wondering why something isn't clicking for me - especially considering I played Mortal Kombat X.

Anyone feeling the same way or at least felt the same way until something clicked for them?
kinda of. I was tweaking all the controller settings (release check, alternate control etc) til I found a combination that worked. that and I stopped playing Green Arrow who just felt a little clunky. try a fast character like Cheetah, Catwoman, Canary and see if you still feel that way

don't know what you mean about the blocking though

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
this is actually a really good idea. I'm letting my AI character fight this mulitverse where the screen goes dark every half second. I want the rewards but i ain't suffering through that.

kinda of. I was tweaking all the controller settings (release check, alternate control etc) til I found a combination that worked. that and I stopped playing Green Arrow who just felt a little clunky. try a fast character like Cheetah, Catwoman, Canary and see if you still feel that way

I appreciate the reply.

What I meant about the blocking, though, was this is the first fighting game that legit leaves me confused on whether I properly did the input to block.

I am very aware of cross hit mechanics - I am famous for making people rage quit with a Guile sweep and a forward + medium punch cross hit followed by a sweep then a grab, etc lol - but it sometimes appears that I'm pressing back and the animation or the other things confuse me about whether I actually blocked the shyt.

I've only been doing the story mode on hard and have't played online so maybe I'll have a different experience against human players but I'm at a weird place, skill wise, with the game right now.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I appreciate the reply.

What I meant about the blocking, though, was this is the first fighting game that legit leaves me confused on whether I properly did the input to block.

I am very aware of cross hit mechanics - I am famous for making people rage quit with a Guile sweep and a forward + medium punch cross hit followed by a sweep then a grab, etc lol - but it sometimes appears that I'm pressing back and the animation or the other things confuse me about whether I actually blocked the shyt.

I've only been doing the story mode on hard and have't played online so maybe I'll have a different experience against human players but I'm at a weird place, skill wise, with the game right now.
its probably a matter of getting hit with an overhead, or a low in a combo string. strings in this game are kind of hard to tell whats a high, mid, overhead, low sometimes with all thats going on. whenever I get beat with something, I pick that character in practice mode to see why

there are also attacks in this game that are actually grabs but don't look like your average throw animation so blocking won't do

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
its probably a matter of getting hit with an overhead, or a low in a combo string. strings in this game are kind of hard to tell whats a high, mid, overhead, low sometimes with all thats going on. whenever I get beat with something, I pick that character in practice mode to see why

there are also attacks in this game that are actually grabs but don't look like your average throw animation so blocking won't do

The bolded, yes!

I'm remembering now, the game tends to move extremely fast. Not since Marvel v. Capcom have I played a game that leans SO heavily towards being on the unrelenting offensive.

I tend to be a methodical fighter, who tends to switch gears, but it's hard to master the defensive fighting style in this.

Props to people who beast Black Canary, her ability to parry makes me REALLY want to dedicate time to master her but I don't know if I have what it takes to do it...

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
The bolded, yes!

I'm remembering now, the game tends to move extremely fast. Not since Marvel v. Capcom have I played a game that leans SO heavily towards being on the unrelenting offensive.

I tend to be a methodical fighter, who tends to switch gears, but it's hard to master the defensive fighting style in this.

Props to people who beast Black Canary, her ability to parry makes me REALLY want to dedicate time to master her but I don't know if I have what it takes to do it...
i play Canary but I forget to parry lol. I just go in. Batman has a parry as well, might be others in the game that have one, can't remember. Flash has a parry but its not on his default moveset

the thing about the defense in this game is you if you have meter and a move that gains armor when you meter burn it, use it and abuse it cuz people are pushing buttons constantly in this game. if you don't have an armor move, meter burning back+heavy or forward+heavy can get you out of a jam as well

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis

I got to the 4th fight in that Darkness shyt and Bane made me turn the fukkin' game off :pacspit:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Been trying to order the Special Edition online through Best Buy and the shyt ain't available.
I didn't even know Darkseid was a pre-order bonus

Shouldn't have dragged my feet :mjcry:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I got to the 4th fight in that Darkness shyt and Bane made me turn the fukkin' game off :pacspit:
Just make a decent AI loadout and let it handle that.

Whoever is online in the guild, I just beat Cheetah in the Guild Multiverse and got a diamond mother box. Since I'm not fully aware of how this works, let me know if y'all got one too. Just enter the Guild main screen to see it first

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Whoever is online in the guild, I just beat Cheetah in the Guild Multiverse and got a diamond mother box. Since I'm not fully aware of how this works, let me know if y'all got one too. Just enter the Guild main screen to see it first

Can you AI loadout in the guild?

:mjgrin:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Can you AI loadout in the guild?

:mjgrin:
Nope I tried lol. Cheetah is free now. Once you corner her, she tries to wake up with the command grab. Just delay a neutral jump attack, do whatever combo and just keep her there. Beat her 3 times solo so I assume y'all got 3 diamond boxes. If so, when I get the time I'll keep at her

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis

As soon as I saw you could do this, I went and made a Darkseid, Green Lantern, and Batman and let them do work

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
I never finished single player for Injustice GOU

I hardly checked for this game

Saw the upgrade/customization abilities

Instant buy.

second day with the game. Just played as Darkseid for the first time :merchant:

:jbhmm: how can anyone not look at this game as raising the bar for any and all future fighting games. Wow. Most fun I've had in a while.

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
Finally got my record to over 50% and then proceeded to lose like 10 straight :sadcam:.

I can't block for shyt.

I'll be honest, I've not even played online yet. I'm still getting the hang of the mechanics on medium. So much I hardly know about. Oh, and how in the world do you all get good at timing blocking?