Inherent Vice | Paul Thomas Anderson, Thomas Pynchon, Joaquin Phoenix

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:ohhh:

This looks like it could be 'Burn After Reading' levels of fukkery. In.

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
:ohhh:

This looks like it could be 'Burn After Reading' levels of fukkery. In.
:ehh: interesting comparison. while BAR certainly had a darkness to its irreverency, Vice (at least Pynchon's novel) has such an air of underlying sadness to it...honestly, I guess, a lot like Boogie Nights. they're definitely playing up the slapstick nature of the Vice adaptation in the trailers (the first one especially), so when you see Phoenix spitting out his drink, or a stretcher folding beneath itself, I can see that circling back to Pitt gyrating and pumping his fists and all that.

not sure I really have an endgame with this post but it just got me thinking :pachaha:. new trailer's got me even more pumped tho

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
Out today in select cities.

file_125206_0_newsommusebig.jpg

I've read the book and seen it twice so far. It's a fun movie and best enjoyed by just going with it instead of comparing it to his previous works.

Last edited:

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
This was hilarious yet tense and paranoid! Reminded me of The Big Lewboski meets Fear and Loathing, with boogie nights level exuberance.:blessed:

The title is the title for a reason. I don't know how the straight edge/ never dabbled in inherent vice crowd will process it. It needs that second viewing later on in life like the other PTA classics:myman::smugdraper::win:

icelandSpar

Rookie
Daps
most anticipated of the year. desperately awaiting a leak... fukk this limited release noise.

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
I am fukking dying for this. Won't be anywhere near til mid January (if it even reaches my neck of the woods).

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
man, the quality of this screener is fukking awful. I'm not sure if I want it to look like this for my first viewing... I may save this meal for the theaters...:patrice:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw this tonight….thought it was almost an irredeemably bad movie, will post a review later.
:ohhh: wouldn't surprise me dude hasn't lived up to to the goatness he built for himself with boogie and magnolia

Thizzlam

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw it like ten days ago and don't really know what to think. I need to see it at least once or twice more to really see if I like it. Kind of like how I had to watch "Birdman" 3 times before I could decipher that it wasn't great.