Inherent Vice | Paul Thomas Anderson, Thomas Pynchon, Joaquin Phoenix

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
PTA and Joaquin...

I just need this to come out on a weekend my inlaws want to come over so i can skip out on them to see it and make the cypher complete :ohlawd:

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
First still image. Also, the film will be 148 minutes long.

ZJ9sIJi.jpg

Hopefully a trailer will surface before the NYFF premiere in October.

Last edited:

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
inherent_vice_11-550x366.jpg

blogger-image-59102766.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-inherent-vice-image/

The film premieres in October at the New York Film Festival, and The Film Society at Lincoln Center (via The Film Stage) got this image to run with an interview with NYFF Director and Selection Committee Chair Kent Jones. Among other things, he talked about Inherent Vice. Jones said “Inherent Vice is also [an amazing cinematic ride] in a completely different way. It’s like being in a time machine, going back to the time of mutton chops and Neil Young.”

He went on to say,

"Wild movie. You know, it’s the first [Thomas] Pynchon film adaptation, and it really catches his tone. It really catches the antic nature of him: the crazy names of characters, the nutty behavior, and then also the emotional undertone. It has the flavor of Pynchon. It has this Big Lebowski element to one side of it, but the emotional undertone, the desperation, the paranoia, and the yearning in the film… [Paul Thomas Anderson's] an absolutely amazing filmmaker and it’s incredible to see him responding to someone else’s creation and then building his own creation out of it. He sort of did that with There Will Be Blood, but not really. It’s his own movie, inspired by the novel Oil!

I was born in 1960, but I certainly remember 1971 very well and I gotta say, from the minute the movie started to the minute it ended, I was back—way back—to the point where I was thinking “Gee, my son was born in the ’90s.” So it’s a different kind of relationship that he would have. It’s an amazing piece of work, and at this point Joaquin Phoenix and Paul have something so rare between them as an actor and director, and Sam Waterston’s daughter, Katherine, is in it, and she’s riveting every minute she’s on screen. It’s quite a film."

After its NYFF fest premiere, Inherent Vice is scheduled to hit US theaters starting on December 12, then goes wide on January 9, 2015.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I havent seen the master since i saw it in theatrrs and dontvreally have a desire to, but i just want to say Joaquin was GOATly in it.

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
premieres NEXT WEEK brehs...here's to hoping the trailer accompanies it

@cigsandredvines: Hints from Kent Jones at #GoneGirl's premiere last night that the trailer for #InherentVice might drop after its premiere next Saturday.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yea but I argue Joquin Phoenix is the best actor working today not named Danie Day lewis and if you had to replace RDJ, you not going down with Phoenix at all
Phoenix is on some other shyt. Has anyone stopped to think about how difficult it would've been to play the main character in Her and make it believable? dude was by himself in like 90% of the scenes