Infamous gets massive downgrade from E3. Will the Sony stans rage, or cop pleas?

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Nobody is calling you a sheep! My whole point is that EA is hustling people who love to play FPS with this 60 dollar MP only. You have NEVER paid 60 for just a MP FPS game! It's revolutionary! Some part of you must say...hold up. Now I know you would rather pay for just the MP in all those games but 60? And since you don't have Titanfall....are you going to buy it at 60? And all those games you named are great shooters...but this is a first...and you are popping your cherry with EA....:comeon: are you willing to risk it? lol...
I'm willing to buy it at 60. I haven't bought it yet because I know I don't have time for it right now. I have technically paid 60 for an MP FPS game. I paid 60 for Battlefield and it may as well have not had SP. I'd prefer that any money/resources that were put towards the single player campaign of that battlefield game have went towards the multiplayer instead. As such, I'm happy that that's what happened with titanfall. And this isn't revolutionary as far as I know. The following games were 60 and MP-only on consoles: Brink, MAG, SOCOM, Starhawk, Shadowrun.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
EA sells a lot of games and people really enjoy them. That "worst video game company" shyt doesn't matter. People are too emotionally attached to what these companies are doing. Who even votes in those polls:mindblown:

I think the real problem was Sim City and Battlefield 4 that really screwed people over. You can't be mad at people who paid money for a product and it is messed up. And coming from a big publisher like EA that's problematic. But EA is out here like
DwQC8GG.gif
Poor gamers..expecting us not screw them over.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I'm willing to buy it at 60. I haven't bought it yet because I know I don't have time for it right now. I have technically paid 60 for an MP FPS game. I paid 60 for Battlefield and it may as well have not had SP. I'd prefer that any money/resources that were put towards the single player campaign of that battlefield game have went towards the multiplayer instead. As such, I'm happy that that's what happened with titanfall. And this isn't revolutionary as far as I know. The following games were 60 and MP-only on consoles: Brink, MAG, SOCOM, Starhawk, Shadowrun.

Maybe they will move to just FPS MP only games from now on. Pour the money into that. But they have to do it right. And so far...I'm not seeing that...and that Shadowrun is an abomination! (I was a fan of the original and Shadow Run Returns)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think the real problem was Sim City and Battlefield 4 that really screwed people over. You can't be mad at people who paid money for a product and it is messed up. And coming from a big publisher like EA that's problematic. But EA is out here like
DwQC8GG.gif
Poor gamers..expecting us not screw them over.

With both games they worked hard to fix them and people eventually got their money worth. It's not ideal and people should expect the games to work better, but I don't think there's any nefarious intentions to "screw people over"

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
With both games they worked hard to fix them and people eventually got their money worth. It's not ideal and people should expect the games to work better, but I don't think there's any nefarious intentions to "screw people over"

When it comes to money. EA will push a product that is half finished in order to get those first day buys. They have done it before and they will continue to do it. And I think it is totally nefarious because we have seen the results of EA trying to get ahead of the curve. They wanted Battlefield to do Call of Duty numbers and boom. They even got hit with a class action lawsuit. There is a class-action lawsuit alleging that EA oversold the strength of Battlefield 4, allowing the company's stock to rise and "senior executives to sell their Electronic Arts stock at artificially inflated prices." The idea in the lawsuit being that EA couldn’t have been ignorant of the fact that Battlefield 4 was barely functional at launch, and statements claiming the game would do well amounted to a high-level "pump and dump" scheme. They are evil Meech...they are EVIL!

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Maybe they will move to just FPS MP only games from now on. Pour the money into that. But they have to do it right. And so far...I'm not seeing that...and that Shadowrun is an abomination! (I was a fan of the original and Shadow Run Returns)
That Shadowrun was a good game but maybe it would have been better if they didn't use the IP. But it was an awesomely unique shooter that could have used more maps at launch. I didn't play it till too late unfortunately but I enjoyed it.

Let me ask you to think of this another way - do you think it's possible that part of the reason ME3 was worse than the previous 2 entries was because Bioware was forced to tack on an unnecessary multiplayer mode and therefore divert resources from their usually excellent single player? If so, don't you think it's possible that sometimes the reverse can be true too?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
That Shadowrun was a good game but maybe it would have been better if they didn't use the IP. But it was an awesomely unique shooter that could have used more maps at launch. I didn't play it till too late unfortunately but I enjoyed it.

Let me ask you to think of this another way - do you think it's possible that part of the reason ME3 was worse than the previous 2 entries was because Bioware was forced to tack on an unnecessary multiplayer mode and therefore divert resources from their usually excellent single player? If so, don't you think it's possible that sometimes the reverse can be true too?

There is only one reason why ME3 was worse....EA. EA came onboard to MS2, which was pretty much already done from ME1 by Microsoft Studios....EA tried to push mulitplayer and rushed the game, making a shyt ending, then tried to apologize. My problem is with EA. I don't trust them and I'm boycotting them. But if where companies put their resources always tells in the quality of the game. Now to your question. I think it could be possible. But you will always have fukk ass companies like EA that will make a MP for less and sell it at full value. Why? Because EA is a cancer on the video game world. A big ass cancer. Look at GTA V...they tried MP buy adding more to it...and GTAIV's MP was more fun..with less.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
EA tried to push mulitplayer and rushed the game
This is my point exactly. By adding multiplayer, they were forced to rush the game. By adding multiplayer, the single player suffered. Therefore, it should be just as possible that by adding single player, you can lessen the quality of multiplayer which is something Respawn did not want to do on their first game as an independent company with only 75 employees.

I get that you boycott EA but for me EA is not enough reason for me to not buy. It's enough reason for me to be cautious, certainly but definitely not enough reason to not buy. Even more so when we're talking about EA Partners program where they have less control of what the developer does. And I do hate that they make it to #1 worst company of america when we have certain banks and companies like monsanto.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
This is my point exactly. By adding multiplayer, they were forced to rush the game. By adding multiplayer, the single player suffered. Therefore, it should be just as possible that by adding single player, you can lessen the quality of multiplayer which is something Respawn did not want to do on their first game as an independent company with only 75 employees.

I get that you boycott EA but for me EA is not enough reason for me to not buy. It's enough reason for me to be cautious, certainly but definitely not enough reason to not buy. Even more so when we're talking about EA Partners program where they have less control of what the developer does. And I do hate that they make it to #1 worst company of america when we have certain banks and companies like monsanto.

Yeah it is messed up but EA did it to themselves by chasing the money in the way they have. With EA its not a matter of how they are going to screw you over.....it's a matter of when. I was cautious too...until they fukked up my favorite series....over money. They will do the same to you. Just give them time and opportunity. And Banks and monsanto are just as bad as EA except they have more money...and of course more crooks.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
EA has nothing to do with titan fall outside of publishing. They are getting paid to advertise pretty much

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Yeah it is messed up but EA did it to themselves by chasing the money in the way they have. With EA its not a matter of how they are going to screw you over.....it's a matter of when. I was cautious too...until they fukked up my favorite series....over money. They will do the same to you. Just give them time and opportunity. And Banks and monsanto are just as bad as EA except they have more money...and of course more crooks.
EA deals with video games. Monsanto deals with food. There's nothing EA can do to make me dislike them more than a company that messes with something as critical as food.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
EA deals with video games. Monsanto deals with food. There's nothing EA can do to make me dislike them more than a company that messes with something as critical as food.

Monsanto is going to be dealing with a lot more than food in the next couple of years. Those are some EVIL b*stards. They are part chemical company too. They are looking into world domination with their herbicides. Killing out the competition.