Infamous gets massive downgrade from E3. Will the Sony stans rage, or cop pleas?

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I agree about EA but I don't like a lot of these big corporations (Bethesda killed id and I'm worried about what they'll do to Mikami). I don't understand though how you can say 60 for MP is objectively not worth it. That's as dumb as saying 60 for SP is objectively not worth it. First of all value is subjective but if you want to make it objective than the metrics show that MP can be at least every bit as worth your money as SP. The metrics I would use are hours played or cost to create. I can't imagine a metric one can objectively use where MP doesn't come out at the same value as SP. And here's another thing to consider - SP experiences are always the same. Forever. I can buy Skyrim on a Steam sale for $10 (actually I did) and it's the same experience you had when you bought it at 60.

I don't trust EA, I don't trust Ubisoft, I don't trust Bethesda, I don't trust Capcom, I don't trust Konami. I evaluate each experience on a per-game basis. I try not to make a blanket statement and try to apply it to games I've never played.

As for not liking Skyrim I don't know man. I want to but Bethesda RPGs bore me. Some quests are awesome (Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion) but most of the time I feel like I'm not doing anything particularly fun. And I don't like the combat system either.

EA has released a 60 dollar MP game. That should end the discussion. You couldn't buy Skyrim for 10 bucks when it came out...but for 60 bucks you could still be playing Skyrim today and always have something DIFFERENT to do. Skyrim was big enough to be worth more than 60 bucks 1st day. And the things people are doing with the mods...shyt..it's amazing. And I'm the complete opposite of you, MP's are the same to me. Especially FPS. What is the difference between Call of Duty 2/3/4 Black Ops 1-2 MP's? Add TitanFall to the list. Realistically, how long are you going to play Titan Fall until you get bored of shooting random people over and over. What happens when you need to take a piss in the middle of a shootout? FPS MP's haven't changed since Counter-Strike, its the same shyt over and over. Bethesda's track record compared to EAs!!?!? Are you trolling? EA is the devil and they are pimping the customers if people think it is okay to buy a FPS MP for 60 bucks. It isn't worth it. Never has been worth and never will be worth it. Now if they release a FPS MMO.....then we are can talk. But the max is at 40 dollars.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I'm not sure what the publisher has to do with the value of a game. And other games are MP centered and give a half ass campaign just to say they did one. People think the game is worth $60 and even more with DLC. It's not up to you to decide that they are stupid or sheep, or whatever other epithet you wanna toss out.

I wasn't saying that the single payer games aren't worth the money. I think they are all worth the money. I'd rather pay $60 up front then get some free to play or $30 shyt with a bunch of monetization schemes.

I think you need to check EA's track record with screwing over the customer....Mass Effect...Sim City. If the publisher has a track record of fukking over the consumer that has a lot do with the value of the game. For instance we expect EXCELLENCE out of Rockstar..and expect shyt from EA. I'm not deciding if people are stupid as shyt for buying a 60 dollar FPS MP, I'm just saying it comes from EA so you need to be carefull.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
EA has released a 60 dollar MP game. That should end the discussion. You couldn't buy Skyrim for 10 bucks when it came out...but for 60 bucks you could still be playing Skyrim today and always have something DIFFERENT to do. Skyrim was big enough to be worth more than 60 bucks 1st day. And the things people are doing with the mods...shyt..it's amazing. And I'm the complete opposite of you, MP's are the same to me. Especially FPS. What is the difference between Call of Duty 2/3/4 Black Ops 1-2 MP's? Add TitanFall to the list. Realistically, how long are you going to play Titan Fall until you get bored of shooting random people over and over. What happens when you need to take a piss in the middle of a shootout? FPS MP's haven't changed since Counter-Strike, its the same shyt over and over. Bethesda's track record compared to EAs!!?!? Are you trolling? EA is the devil and they are pimping the customers if people think it is okay to buy a FPS MP for 60 bucks. It isn't worth it. Never has been worth and never will be worth it. Now if they release a FPS MMO.....then we are can talk. But the max is at 40 dollars.
Yeah our tastes our different but the real difference between us is I'm not calling you a sheep for enjoying what you enjoy. I don't know how long I'll enjoy Titanfall, I haven't even purchased it. But as far as how long I'll enjoy shooters? Well shyt, I've put hundreds of hours into Counter-Strike, hundred+ hours into Halo series, hundred hours in Call of Duty 4, 50ish hours in Modern Warfare 2, hundred+ hours in BF series. Also, I have dozens of hours in plenty of different titles such as Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Brink, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon. And I consider most of those to be different experiences. So I'd say there's a good chance that, time-permitting, I could put plenty of time into Titanfall.

And then there's the side of me that has no problem dropping $20 on a great 2-3 hour game like Gone Home. It's all about what you value.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. These same fukkers said nothing when Killzone charged folk an EXTRA 19.99 to play the multiplayer game, but they have all these fukking insults for Respawn and M$ for charging for their game. ITs ironically the same idiots that dont have Xbox's nor claim to be interested in owning one.
Breh, are you seriously fighting for the dumbass king of the arcadium? :heh: You must be talking about a season pass and almost every game has that. Titanfall has one too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think you need to check EA's track record with screwing over the customer....Mass Effect...Sim City. If the publisher has a track record of fukking over the consumer that has a lot do with the value of the game. For instance we expect EXCELLENCE out of Rockstar..and expect shyt from EA. I'm not deciding if people are stupid as shyt for buying a 60 dollar FPS MP, I'm just saying it comes from EA so you need to be carefull.

:heh: don't even really know what to say to this.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
I respect that you may not want to pay full price. There are many reasons to not pay full price. But I don't think it's malicious on the part of Respawn, or even EA, to sell this at $60. And I don't think of people that buy it at $60 as simply sheep. I think they know what they enjoy and they know that they will enjoy this.

I don't think they are sheep. I have a few friends that jump straight into mp out the gate... and 1 even admitted he never once even started the campaign of any call of duty (he is an idiot for unrelated things).. so i know very well that there are many people only interested in mp fps. i just see this slippery slope we are going down. first we paying for dlc.. then microtransactions.. now its on to the next tier of getting the shaft... multi only at full retail. look at mag. what if inverstors ain't happy with TF numbers and decide to pull the plug on servers to cut loses. brehs is left stuck with a $60 frisbee. it won't happen with TF but its possible. esp for new IPs who follow suite. stand for nothing fall for anything....

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Yeah our tastes our different but the real difference between us is I'm not calling you a sheep for enjoying what you enjoy. I don't know how long I'll enjoy Titanfall, I haven't even purchased it. But as far as how long I'll enjoy shooters? Well shyt, I've put hundreds of hours into Counter-Strike, hundred+ hours into Halo series, hundred hours in Call of Duty 4, 50ish hours in Modern Warfare 2, hundred+ hours in BF series. Also, I have dozens of hours in plenty of different titles such as Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Brink, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon. And I consider most of those to be different experiences. So I'd say there's a good chance that, time-permitting, I could put plenty of time into Titanfall.

And then there's the side of me that has no problem dropping $20 on a great 2-3 hour game like Gone Home. It's all about what you value.

Nobody is calling you a sheep! My whole point is that EA is hustling people who love to play FPS with this 60 dollar MP only. You have NEVER paid 60 for just a MP FPS game! It's revolutionary! Some part of you must say...hold up. Now I know you would rather pay for just the MP in all those games but 60? And since you don't have Titanfall....are you going to buy it at 60? And all those games you named are great shooters...but this is a first...and you are popping your cherry with EA....:comeon: are you willing to risk it? lol...

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I don't think they are sheep. I have a few friends that jump straight into mp out the gate... and 1 even admitted he never once even started the campaign of any call of duty (he is an idiot for unrelated things).. so i know very well that there are many people only interested in mp fps. i just see this slippery slope we are going down. first we paying for dlc.. then microtransactions.. now its on to the next tier of getting the shaft... multi only at full retail. look at mag. what if inverstors ain't happy with TF numbers and decide to pull the plug on servers to cut loses. brehs is left stuck with a $60 frisbee. it won't happen with TF but its possible. esp for new IPs who follow suite. stand for nothing fall for anything....

Damn I didn't even think about that. My whole point from the rip has been 60 for just MP in a FPS is too much. And they are charging for DLC....man.....seriously?

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Exactly. These same fukkers said nothing when Killzone charged folk an EXTRA 19.99 to play the multiplayer game, but they have all these fukking insults for Respawn and M$ for charging for their game. ITs ironically the same idiots that dont have Xbox's nor claim to be interested in owning one.

explain this please.... :lupe:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Even with DLC and microtransactions games are still cheaper than they've ever been. And they also cost more to make. They have to make money some way. If you have fun and you have the money to buy the game, why complain about the price(:whoa: as long as its reasonable)

Kodie

Pro
Daps
This is definitely a possibility that needs to be considered in whether or not a game is worth it to you. Even if servers aren't taken away, a multiplayer game is dependent on its population. And when servers can be taken away, it's even more of a consideration.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:stopitslime: Meech don't troll me..you know damn well EA has been voted worst video game company in America two years in a row.

EA sells a lot of games and people really enjoy them. That "worst video game company" shyt doesn't matter. People are too emotionally attached to what these companies are doing. Who even votes in those polls:mindblown: