in line at the store behind a guy who's master card wouldn't clear for 70 cents

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
debit cards will always go through so that your bank can charge you money for over drafting your account, also i saw the mastercard logo on the card.

some people don't have overdraft protection. youre a dumbass.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
some people don't have overdraft protection. youre a dumbass.

if he didn't have overdraft protection then the debit card would have run through fine. im not gonna insult you im just gonna say you need to work on your reading/writing comprehension.

opulence

Pro
Daps
Reppin
peace
telling me that im an a$$hole for making this thread is one thing, but to lie about how you buy strangers groceries quite often is just :lolbron: you must not understand what the word quite means. its ok im not gonna fault you for that, you know a lot about banking and thats a skill, and i know about english we each got our own thing were good at we would probably make a good couple.

I've never said I was walking around passing out money. ..but if someone in front of me is short I'll pay for it depending on the amount. ..I just pay it forward. ..it's not like people go to the store spending a stack on groceries. ..$50 isn't nothing if I know I just helped someone eat for a week...doesn't matter tho...just next time you witness a similar situation help them...

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Two of my debit cards are master cards. Starting last August or August of 2011, I believe the law required banks to let you opt out of the overdraft option because the fees were determined to be unfair. 2/3 of my debit cards are set up to decline in the event that I go over. She is right.

Edit: the law was passed in 2010. You have to opt in to be able to overdraft. If you don't opt in then your card declines...google it.

Yeah I am surprised alot of people do not know this still. Despite how dissappointing Obama can be sometimes, it really was because of "Dodd-Frank"(Wall Street Reform) that this happened....

I remember i was really reckless on my Debit Mastercard and had a huge negative balance/overdraft on it....constantly stressing myself over it and wondering how im gonna pay it off....

i noticed sometime in 2011 i had stopped getting mails about paying my debt off....and one day i randomly on a whim decided to try my card and realized i had a 0 dollar balance...... :wtf:

i mean the whole negative balance/overdraft was gone and i was wondering what happened and was calling them up to see if it was for real. I was surprised as hell because i was used to thinking certains bills they sign in congress barely effect me.

that feeling not worrying about that option on websites to "Cancel this ____membership after 7 days or you will be automatically charged......because u know nothing wont happen is amazing :ahh:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2/10
EYs8O.png

Back to the drawing board :ld:

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
I have debit card coverage. its the same as overdraft, it lets me do normal transactions like, buy gas, and it takes the $ from my savings or credit card. for example, if my account is on $0 and i spend $50 on gas, then it gets taken from my credit card and I now owe $84.

but im smart, so i dont overdraft. i watch my account daily and if i dont have the $$$ i will use my AMEX as opposed to paying an overdraft fee.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
no i mean't, bytch im not a white boy im a white man, i keep a white cup in my right hand

fukk YOU