In hindsight, are you embarrassed about being tricked into the Odd Future hype?

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
tumblr_m23fn3503M1qmh73ro1_500.jpg

:deadrose: at nikkas thinking this ugly bum is the future of rap :laugh: Don't be rapping about shyt.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
You guys remember when people were trying to compare them to N.W.A. :ohlawd:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I haven't gone through this entire thread yet, but found it ironic the timing of this thread because of something I was thinking about recently. OddFuture while talented, were grossly overhyped, while on the other hand I'm listening to Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, and Kendrick Lamar, and I see a LOT of potential. I haven't listened to Jay Rock yet, so I'm not dismissing him as much as I just haven't had the time to give him a reasonable listen. But as far as Left Coast artists on the comeup are concerned, I like this Black Hippy movement, they're making a believer out of me. Truly a breath of fresh air, and it aint just hype. I fell for the Odd Future thing based off of their live performances, and a couple tracks I liked. That Tyler video from last year and the track itself were very dope, but the album didn't live up to the hype. I wish a bright future for them too, but they're not for me. Black Hippy though, I fukks with them.

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
tumblr_m23fn3503M1qmh73ro1_500.jpg

:deadrose: at nikkas thinking this ugly bum is the future of rap :laugh: Don't be rapping about shyt.

:pacspit:

Nobody going to take anything you say for any value......look at your signature

You are talking LOOKS over TALENT

you think a not so ugly ass nikka is automatically better..............that is mad homo.............big sean has never rapped about jack shyt in his life :russ:

If you actually listened to the music with open ears and mind you would see

:umad:

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
:pacspit:

Nobody going to take anything you say for any value......look at your signature

You are talking LOOKS over TALENT

you think a less ugly ass nikka is automatically better.......big sean has never rapped about jack shyt in his life :russ:

If you actually listened to the music with open ears and mind you would see

:umad:

:umad: outside of Frank Ocean all them nikkas are garbage. fukk you and Odd Future :win: Ain't never heard nobody offline banging Odd Future. :laugh: at this lame nikka banging Odd Future. You one of them confused nikkas.

In hindsight, are you... 06-19-2012 04:39 PM TheHomie you wack
My Homie... 06-15-2012 03:22 PM TheHomie fakkitry
Am I the only one who... 06-08-2012 12:10 AM TheHomie hahahahahaha
Big Sean vs. Curren$y? 06-06-2012 12:34 AM TheHomie fakkit dikk rider

:pachaha:told your bytch ass to keep the neg reps coming :yes:

You guys remember when people were trying to compare them to N.W.A. :ohlawd:

:smh:

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
All those overeducated think pieces in high minded places about how edgy they are and how subversive tyler was. when in reality they was just a bunch corny nerds making white boy hip hop with all that nihilism and angst. smh at the people the industry try to sell you. black music is righteous at the end of the day, take the righteousness out, and it becomes white music as far as i am concerned. White music is like Punk, a buch of spoiled brat kids angry at mommy and daddy. same with grunge. as black people, we should always reject this posture, and Odd Future was the first black people i see try and be white.

i think it's good to see some different shyt other than another trap rapper, weed rapper, or a bangin muthafukka. i can kinda see your point about it being 'white people' music, but i don't see how they are trying to be 'white'. just because they aren't rapping about ki's and billion dollar stacks and being all flashy doesn't necessarily mean it's white boy hip hop. this shyt definitely doesnt sound like some white boy hip hop tho imo...they just doing them and staying in their lane, even if it's some hot :trash:. they just different and :umad: about it.

it's 2012, when are you muthafukkas gonna realize that them color lines have been blurred. well...Riff Raff, Rich Hil, Mac Miller...:scusthov::ohlawd:

Let me make it clear tho...they are some garbage ass rappers....:russ:

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
People are really personalizing this haha I like them, and think they have alot of potential. i get the feeling that the people who vehemently hate them for making "shock rap", probably haven't listened to MellowHype or Mike G's music. Also, black people started punk/hardcore music(see the band Death) and as someone mentioned, Bad Brains is one of the GOAT hardcore groups of all time. Anyway, I do agree that the hype and their stans are annoying.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all of u saying Bad Brains are punk and black. well i just seen some of their videos. and u know what, as black people, we need to just let white people go ahead and own that music. sh!t is awful. we don't want no parts of that.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
state of the game. i never heard anyone call em the next wu but anyone that did should be castrated

Daps
The moment I heard about these nikkas and what they were about I decided that I'd never listen to their shyt. It was just transparent that they were a gimmick

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
music wise, outside of Frank and Domo's tape i aint hear shyt from them. they seem like funny young nikkaz from that lil video i seen from them but they just always seem like they was only for cacs. the Earl hype has to be the worst shyt i've heard from internet nikkaz. it's disgustin.