In crises, officials tweet crucial info. What if Twitter dies?

Daps
I really think about this tweet.

Perhaps Elon has been paid handsomely by world leaders to make sure uprisings which are usually organized on Twitter are stifled and GOP politicians hoping to silence political unrest from the left
:patrice:
That ignores the fact that real world disasters are usually communicated about and showcased on Twitter. Musk's acquisition is problematic.

I think he took being petty to a whole other level. I think he tried to get out of it, couldn’t take the criticism, and is trapped. I feel the same about Trump, and the presidency. He ran for publicity, it got out of hand, and he was too locked in. The second time was just to say he won again, and this time is so he can be president just as long as Obama, because you know it’s killing him that a black man is better than him.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
all the journalists are finding breaking news on twitter and social media. :gucci:

the media gets it's photos, videos, audio, witnesses and sources from people on social media.

do an experiment, check your local newspaper top 5 stories and see if it wasn't on social media before it was published.
ummm. Newspapers are published daily - of course social media will get the information first dumbass. But our phones get alerts - I get notifications from the AP and Nytimes every day.

We’d still get the news quickly. Not everyone sits on Twitter all day. And once we post a tweet y’all wait for an “official source” anyways :laff:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
ummm. Newspapers are published daily - of course social media will get the information first dumbass. But our phones get alerts - I get notifications from the AP and Nytimes every day.

We’d still get the news quickly. Not everyone sits on Twitter all day. And once we post a tweet y’all wait for an “official source” anyways :laff:

those "official sources" are journalist, publicists or official spokespersons on twitter.:stopitslime:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
those "official sources" are journalist, publicists or official spokespersons on twitter.:stopitslime:
Are you dumb?

And they work for official news organizations.

The world of journalism existed before Twitter and it will after.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
all the journalists are finding breaking news on twitter and social media. :gucci:

the media gets it's photos, videos, audio, witnesses and sources from people on social media.

do an experiment, check your local newspaper top 5 stories and see if it wasn't on social media before it was published.
We’ll sounds like we as a people are basically giving our lives to a private media company then, so we deserve what we get

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Telegram got verified government channels for things such as COVID info :yeshrug:

Lot of countries (including US) are just sleeping

I have telegram I think it's cool for some things but ultimately no app beats the WWW. a lot of these "alternatives" are just apps that require personal info when i can just open my web browser and see twitter without an account. everyone shouldn't need a phone number, a sperate app other than a browser to access news online.

searching a huge telegram channel isn't easy either.

edit: I see they crosspost to a twitter account. :ehh:

Last edited:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I think he took being petty to a whole other level. I think he tried to get out of it, couldn’t take the criticism, and is trapped. I feel the same about Trump, and the presidency. He ran for publicity, it got out of hand, and he was too locked in. The second time was just to say he won again, and this time is so he can be president just as long as Obama, because you know it’s killing him that a black man is better than him.
No trump is running to grift and now escape charges because POTUS is above the law