In crises, officials tweet crucial info. What if Twitter dies?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The same way we did it before twitter:skip:

fukking hate this generation I hope Musk fukking bombs the whole social media apparatus so we can start back at square one

before twitter, where were the journalists, politicians, local government agencies, government embassies, corporations, industry professionals, doctors, scientists, having public conversations and PSA's?

start back at square one and do what differently? :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
before twitter, where were the journalists, politicians, local government agencies, government embassies, corporations, industry professionals, doctors, scientists, having public conversations and PSA's?

start back and square one and do what differently? :jbhmm:
Breh you not gonna convince people on here that Twitter is a valuable resource for all sorts of information (more than reddit) because they convinced it's all garbage cause they see low vibrational relationship tweets posted here.

I've tried...the coli's mentality is "Twitter sucks, because I don't like it (even though I never use it)...therefore it deserves to die."

Daps

start back and square one and do what differently? :jbhmm:
nikka when 9/11 happened it was breaking news on all channels. When the aids epidemic happened in the 80s there was national and local news coverage with medical experts on it. Stop acting like twitter is the be all and all.

Local governments have a fukking automated text system in case of emergencies they have protocols in place

You just a sucker for social media and the thought of twitter disappearing have you shivering and shaking

Daps
Breh you not gonna convince people on here that Twitter is a valuable resource for all sorts of information (more than reddit) because they convince it's all garbage cause they see low vibrational relationship tweets posted here.

I've tried...the coli's mentality is "Twitter sucks, because I don't like it...therefore it deserves to die."
Im not saying it sucks, im saying we dont need it for breaking news when there are other options out there

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Breh you not gonna convince people on here that Twitter is a valuable resource for all sorts of information (more than reddit) because they convinced it's all garbage cause they see low vibrational relationship tweets posted here.

I've tried...the coli's mentality is "Twitter sucks, because I don't like it (even though I never use it)...therefore it deserves to die."

theres no other place on the internet where i can just search for microblogging posts coming from a particular area.

☝🏽 this link searches non-verified accounts that have posted since 11/20/2022 near or from the detroit area(ip addresses).

can someone please show me where i can find that sort of functionality elsewhere? mastodon doesn't and will never provide this level of search either due to their privacy policy.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
so if she found the lawyer in the yellow pages you'd be rooting for it's demise too?
I got the ass whooping of a lifetime prank calling numbers in the yellow pages :obama: fukked around and accidentally called a deputy or something like that. They traced the call and sent a squadcar to the house

:salute:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I really think about this tweet.

Perhaps Elon has been paid handsomely by world leaders to make sure uprisings which are usually organized on Twitter are stifled and GOP politicians hoping to silence political unrest from the left
:patrice:
That ignores the fact that real world disasters are usually communicated about and showcased on Twitter. Musk's acquisition is problematic.

Anything is possible at this point. I mean religion is the greatest mindfukk ever

bnew

Veteran
Daps
nikka when 9/11 happened it was breaking news on all channels. When the aids epidemic happened in the 80s there was national and local news coverage with medical experts on it. Stop acting like twitter is the be all and all.

Local governments have a fukking automated text system in case of emergencies they have protocols in place

You just a sucker for social media and the thought of twitter disappearing have you shivering and shaking

TV?! twitter wouldn't even be what it was if the masses thought TV was sufficient for breaking news. :dead:

text alerts can't replace multimedia tweets and twitter threads. :what:

i don't have a social media account. I use twitter like I use bing, google and duckduckgo but to find information in real-time.

Last edited: