In China if you're a Single Woman Over 30 they Call You "Orange at the bottom of the Basket"..

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Do you think terms like leftover women/men or “orange at the bottom of the basket” are meant to uplift people or shame them? Seems like shaming language to me.

I don’t think @O.T.I.S. Is emotionally invested hes just responding to the thread. I quoted him by accident. You however, are talking about people scrambling for responses and how I’m making up whole Chinese sayings. idk it just seems like this really means a lot to you. It’s okay if it does. People care deeply about different things.
i mean, you didnt even know the lady on the op was the same as the one you quoted, so yeah you were scrambling. I didnt say u made it up because i already saw the term.. im talking about the extra shyt u added onto it.

and of course, now you're trying to get at me on some emotional shyt just because i decided i had time to call your bullshyt out. Whatever brehette. The divisiveness be coming from other women as well but you dont wanna acknowledge that part.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NGL I'm not Chinese. But Chinese like 30+ years ago was majority in poverty. Like bad bad. Since the 80s they've turned around and become a super power.

A piece of that puzzle is social dynamics within the country.
They still are. Y'all misconstrue what being a superpower entails

China's middle class is about 300 million. The population of China is 2 billion+

People talk about China in these sweeping terms without knowing what it necessarily is. China should realistically be about 8-10 countries but it's one man in charge of an uncontrollable amount of land and people. Imagine if the president had to literally run all 50 states and you'll get an idea of what China is

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Chin
I’m assuming that’s how Japanese men got the title of the loneliest men in the world. The shaming tactics no longer work and the women don’t come flocking like they used to. Maybe men should change up their routine. Maybe use something positive now.
They'd rather be lonely than wrong.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Japanese men definitely care, they don’t wanna be alone but they work 5000 hours a week so they ain’t got time to socialize
And it’s like INGRAINED in their culture.

Worked with a couple Japanese guys who got “good ol’ boy’d” into the positions they had at the time I came onboard.

Them clowns created work out of thin air and would get mad and snitch on me because I called them out on doing all this unnecessary shyt and still did the job just as good as they did despite not being there for years and not running around like a chicken with my head off.

Arriving 3 hours early than needed and Staying there for 10-12 hours a day pretending their middle management ass job was as important as they made it seems. Creating meetings, spreadsheet’s , etc., just to justify the existence of their job.

Basically, i told them they waste time doing absolutely nothing to get the actual job done and when they got audited, auditors stated the EXACT same shyt I did.

I think that they think how a job is supposed to be like and it felt like it gave them some sort of identity.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
i mean, you didnt even know the lady on the op was the same as the one you quoted, so yeah you were scrambling. I didnt say u made it up because i already saw the term.. im talking about the extra shyt u added onto it.

and of course, now you're trying to get at me on some emotional shyt just because i decided i had time to call your bullshyt out. Whatever brehette. The divisiveness be coming from other women as well but you dont wanna acknowledge that part.

I follow her on tik tok, I was watching her videos about Abby Choi’s murder. Took no time to recognize her face and voice and I remembered the video she made.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I’m confused, y’all don’t have cake at Christmas? That’s probably when we have the most cake. :heh:

We be going to other folks houses swapping slices of cake.

We keep a coconut cake on deck while I know my cousins down the street gonna have key lime and red velvet. My aunt will have pound cake and my wife line sister stay with strawberry.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
As with many things, other cultures tend to say the quit part out loud without the fakeness of Americans

My homie in miami lived by this hostel so we, uh, used to come across a lot of UK chicks :mjgrin: all of them mocked Americans (white people) for being fake and politically correct . :gladbron:Was the funniest shyt.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They still are. Y'all misconstrue what being a superpower entails

China's middle class is about 300 million. The population of China is 2 billion+

People talk about China in these sweeping terms without knowing what it necessarily is. China should realistically be about 8-10 countries but it's one man in charge of an uncontrollable amount of land and people. Imagine if the president had to literally run all 50 states and you'll get an idea of what China is

Yea but you're talking what ifs and theories. The fact is they turning around making real progress.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I’m confused, y’all don’t have cake at Christmas? That’s probably when we have the most cake. :heh:

We be going to other folks houses swapping slices of cake.

We keep a coconut cake on deck while I know my cousins down the street gonna have key lime and red velvet. My aunt will have pound cake and my wife line sister stay with strawberry.
No!:heh: